Jason in Veronica Mars (Jason tweets tonight! 2/26)

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Jason in Veronica Mars

Post by cassysj »

I'm currently watching the second season as well.

Spoiler:
I think his meeting and initial contact with Hannah was calculated. I also think when he heard her defend him to her mother he felt a little guilty and did develop geniune feelings for her.
Lisa N.
Mortal

Post by Lisa N. »

I feel that #3 is the most likely. His motivation for starting a relationship with her seemed to be entirely mercenary, but he appeared to have genuinely fallen for her by the time things ended.

I wonder a little if she wasn't so attractive to him because she reminded him of a younger, more innocent version of Veronica. :chin:

Lisa
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I would like to think that he developed genuine feelings for her...if only because it makes him a bit less odious than if he were just using her.

Logan is a very complicated character. (Well, duh...) He seems to be so worldly-wise, due to his upbringing, and yet, at times, his youth shows through. All that time being a typical teenaged boy, surfing, playing video games...I hesitate to call him mature, given his penchant for wanting to solve every problem by plunging in with fists swinging, but he's also obviously seen and experienced a world most boys his age have not.

Hannah is so sweet and innocent, and I can well imagine that her belief in him could stir up something he wasn't expecting. I think perhaps he could be very flattered to have her see him as sweet and misunderstood. On the other hand, that could be exactly what he's going for.

I guess it depends on the "real" Logan. If I were Hannah's mom, I'd have been VERY worried about her seeing this guy.

Lucky
NightAir
Fledgling

Post by NightAir »

librarian_7 wrote:I guess it depends on the "real" Logan. If I were Hannah's mom, I'd have been VERY worried about her seeing this guy.
I totally agree, Lucky!

Logan was quite an actor (go figure). I was kept guessing as to his motives throughout his relationship with Hannah. I settled on him dating her initially as leverage against her father. That goal wavered somewhat, but never went away. I was also convinced that he did develop true feelings for her, that he felt guilt and shame for using her as he did. As you said, Lucky, a very complicated character, one I was often disappointed with, but always pulled for.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Well, admittedly, after rewatching a couple more eps, he does admit to her he started with her to get her dad's to drop the testimony. And he does seem to have developed some feeling for her...else perhaps he wouldn't have explained himself to her.

I think he might, though, be trying to convince himself that he's not a bad guy...to feel better about himself after manipulating her so ruthlessly. I agree that her defense of him to her mother may have had an effect on him.

Lucky
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I found this article on "TV Bad Boys We Love" and no surprise, Logan Echolls ranks high on the list.

Logan Echolls

This is a really astute description of Logan, IMHO.

Lucky
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Owa,Jason was top of the list of bad boys....Logan received the highest of ratings among all of them!! Pity, I never got to watch that show!!! :no: :slaphead:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I ran across this video this morning and it amused me. :snicker: What do you get when you combine Pride and Prejudice with Veronica Mars?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKTMdzyIaEg
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

He would make a great dashing Darcy. Very well done video.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

That is WONDERFUL.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ooh, VERY nicely done! :twothumbs: And yeah, now I want them to really do P&P. In modern dress. With the entire cast of VM. :teeth:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

And the guy who played Piz could be Mr. Wickham. And Ryan Hansen Mr. Bingley...and Charisma Carpenter, Caroline Bingley....
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Okay, I've been listening (just slightly obsessively...what can I say?) to the song "Sway" by The Perishers. This is a song that Logan and Veronica dance to, in season 2. And I the more I listen to it, the more I feel like it's the perfect Logan and Veronica song.

Here are the lyrics:

I talk to you as to a friend
I hope that's what you've come to be
It feels as though we've made amends
Like we found a way eventually

It was you who picked the pieces up
When I was a broken soul
And then glued me back together
Returned to me what others stole

I don't wanna hurt you
I don't wanna make you sway
Like I know I've done before
I will not do it anymore
I've always been a dreamer
I've had my head among the clouds
Now that I'm coming down
Won't you be my solid ground?

I look at you and see a friend
I hope that's what you wanna be
Are we back now where it all began
Have you finally forgiven me?

You gathered my dreams in
When they all blew away
And then tricked them back into me
You saved me I was almost dead

I can really hear Logan saying all this...

I know somone did a nice Mick/Beth vid to this song, but I wanted to add, the scene itself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2_SNNcFGjw

(Not to mention, this clip has some of the sweetest Logan snark in it of all time.)
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Word is out that SoapNet is going to start airing Veronica Mars starting April 7! Saturdays 1-4PM, Sundays 10AM-1PM :teeth:

:hyper2:

ETA link: http://jimhalterman.com/news/veronica-m ... april-7th/
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Makes me wish we could run an ad...and if you love Logan, check out JOSEF. Watch Moonlight, and find where Moonlight lives on, on the internet...

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Return to “Past Projects”