100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Jordan in "Christina" - 2010

Post by r1015bill »

Traverse City, Michigan??? :wtf:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

The production company, 8180 Films, is based in Leland, Michigan and was founded by the writer/director of the film and two other partners.

This is similar to the situation with "Searching for Sonny," Jason's new film, which is being produced by a Fort Worth company. That film will have it's hometown premiere in Fort Worth, also far removed from Hollywood.

Here's an article from a Leeland-area news source about the production company behind "Christina": http://leelanaunews.com/drupal/index.php?q=node/18956
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Tonight's "Christina" premiere is sold out, according to the website:

http://christinathemovie.com/premeire.html

RED CARPET PREMIERE
at the STATE THEATRE

Christina's 6PM Red Carpet Premiere at Traverse City's State Theatre on Sunday July 18th is a sell-out. A second screening has been added at 9PM, also featuring a Q&A with the director and cast following the film. Tickets for the 9PM screening are ten dollars and can be purchased at the State Theatre Box Office or online at http://www.statetheatretc.org

Don't miss this exciting event!

The Traverse City Film Festival completely renovated the shuttered historic downtown movie house, the State Theatre, and reopened it in November 2007. The festival now owns and operates the State as a year-round, community-based, mission-driven, and volunteer-staffed art house movie theater.

Michael Moore, President of the Festival Board of Directors, will be hosting Christina’s red carpet event. "We're excited about premiering this award-winning film, one that was produced by local artists, at the State. We're so glad we can roll out the red carpet and welcome the community in to see 'Christina.'"

I don't imagine any of us will we going, but it nice to see they're getting such an enthusiastic response. :twothumbs:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

That's great news! Good for Jordan. :heart:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Wish I was there to cheer him on. Do we know of any Moonlighters attending???
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

There's a nice little review of last night's premiere (although not the movie itself) posted here: Books in Northport: Our Glamorous Evening in the Big City Lights

ETA: The author's review of the film itself is posted as the second comment to the article.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

thanks, Lily....I'm happy for Jordan and it sounded like it was a great night for all.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Wow--that sounds like an amazing evening. I hope the film does well!
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

:cloud9: :cloud9: Thanks, Lilly - it's a great article and Jordan looks divine!! I'm not sure if the film will get a release over here, but I shall keep watch... :ninja:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Jordan has a nice lengthy clip of the movie up on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=436622757818

Still no word on any sort of wider release beyond festivals, though. :sadface:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Latest news: A distribution deal has been signed with Indican Pictures. No word, really, on what this means in terms of release; however, it does seem to be a step in the right direction.

http://christinathemovie.com/distribution-deals.html
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Well, I'm going to consider that a positive step. Go, Jordan! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Here's a review of the film from Static Multimedia that includes some information about release and distribution: ‘Christina’ Starts Slow, Finishes Strong

It looks like the movie will be released in 3 cities and then go to DVD...

"Christina is an independent film due to be released in Chicago, Los Angeles and New York on December 17th, 2010 with the DVD release in early 2011. It is produced by Kees Van Oostrum, Jon C. Scheide, Rebecca Reynolds and James Carpenter through 8180 Films. Written and directed by Larry Brand (Hard Luck), the film stars Nicki Aycox (Supernatural), Jordan Belfi (Entourage) and Stephen Lang (Avatar)."
Lilly

My Fanfic Index

Return to “Jordan”