Darling I'm Lost (In Between 3 and 4, PG)

Shadow
Courtesan

Re: Darling I'm Lost (In Between 3 and 4, PG)

Post by Shadow »

AussieJo wrote:'A small house with peeling paint and a dead lawn'
What a discriptive sentence!
Despair written in every letter.
Ms Moonshadow, I'm late to the event, but have caught up.
These stories are excellent! :clapping:
Ok, next course.......... :eat: (please)
Hi Jo! I'm glad you made it to the event .... :wave:
Thanks so much! I will try to serve the next course pretty soon. :biggrin:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

helloeeze wrote:This was wonderful! We got to glimpse Mick's thoughts during that week Beth didn't call. I guess Mick isn't the only vampire filled with self-loathing and regret. I wondered if Mick turned Elaine. You've written Mick so true. I love this. Please do more! :rose:
Thanks helloeeze - there should be a dozen more coming along, I hope you'll be interested in that many! ;)
I wouldn't think most vampires would be like Mick, but there must be others with similar feelings ...
AussieJo
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by AussieJo »

Shadow, apologies for calling you the wrong username! :hug: :rose:
Thanks for the reply.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

AussieJo wrote:Shadow, apologies for calling you the wrong username! :hug: :rose:
Thanks for the reply.
No worries! Who doesn't mix up names that are that close .... ;)
It was just lovely to get your comment.
moonlightlover60
Fledgling

Post by moonlightlover60 »

Oh Shadow this so............good. I started reading over at Moonlight Fans but it is so much easier on the eyes to read it over here. Like I said before what an excellent idea to look In Between what happened, the many things we didn't see but really wanted to know the answers to. You are answering all those questions for us plus throwing a new mystery into the mix with Elaine. Who is this person to Mick? She seems to be someone he cares deeply about though he and Josef did something to her that he still feels very guilty about. Can't wait to find more out about this Elaine and of course all the stuff in between too. Thanks Shadow, excellent stuff. :thanks:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Sorry it's taken me a few days to get to this - it was SO worth the wait though :)

It's such a delight to get back into that early Mick/Beth groove, which you have recaptured so beautifully. The hope, the tentative thoughts and words and actions. Still makes me sigh. A lot.

And the introduction of Elaine adds another intriguing element into the mix. I'm really loving these stories, Shadow, and I can't wait for the next one.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

moonlightlover60 wrote:Oh Shadow this so............good. I started reading over at Moonlight Fans but it is so much easier on the eyes to read it over here. Like I said before what an excellent idea to look In Between what happened, the many things we didn't see but really wanted to know the answers to. You are answering all those questions for us plus throwing a new mystery into the mix with Elaine. Who is this person to Mick? She seems to be someone he cares deeply about though he and Josef did something to her that he still feels very guilty about. Can't wait to find more out about this Elaine and of course all the stuff in between too. Thanks Shadow, excellent stuff. :thanks:
My stories always go up here first, too. ;)
I'm glad you have been liking my answers so far ... it has been fun to try to make everything fit. I'm sure I'm missing some things, but I hope to get most of the big questions answered. And I'm delighted that you're interested in Elaine! Thanks so much.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

redwinter101 wrote:Sorry it's taken me a few days to get to this - it was SO worth the wait though :)

It's such a delight to get back into that early Mick/Beth groove, which you have recaptured so beautifully. The hope, the tentative thoughts and words and actions. Still makes me sigh. A lot.

And the introduction of Elaine adds another intriguing element into the mix. I'm really loving these stories, Shadow, and I can't wait for the next one.

Red
I've really been enjoying getting back into that time. Everything was, as you said, so tentative back then ... it's kind of amazing how much things changed through the course of the show.

Thanks so much, Red!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Shadow

This is so delightful! It adds depth and enhances the wonderful moods of the episodes. Pensive, thoughtful, hopeful and sure that there is no cause for hope yet daring to hope anyway.

How wonderfully Mick

Fabulous!

:hearts: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

jen wrote:Pensive, thoughtful, hopeful and sure that there is no cause for hope yet daring to hope anyway.
That really is a great description of Mick .... :hearts:
Love that you could see that in the story, jen.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

I'm loving re-reading these "in time" with the episodes re-airing on the CW. Your beautiful stories add SO much to the experience and I am so very grateful to you for writing them.

This chapter has such an ache running through it - from the hopefulness at the end of Dr. Feelgood to the tentative, almost desperate need when Mick answers Beth's call at the beginning of Fever - and our introduction to Elaine is such a strong accent to that. She's such an amazing character and the conversation between her and Mick here is beautiful, a mixture of knowledge and avoidance in the way only two people with a really complicated past talk to each other.

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

redwinter101 wrote:I'm loving re-reading these "in time" with the episodes re-airing on the CW. Your beautiful stories add SO much to the experience and I am so very grateful to you for writing them.

This chapter has such an ache running through it - from the hopefulness at the end of Dr. Feelgood to the tentative, almost desperate need when Mick answers Beth's call at the beginning of Fever - and our introduction to Elaine is such a strong accent to that. She's such an amazing character and the conversation between her and Mick here is beautiful, a mixture of knowledge and avoidance in the way only two people with a really complicated past talk to each other.

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Red
It is SUCH a thrill to know that you're rereading these in between the CW episodes, Red. :cloud9: :cloud9:
And so lovely that the stories, and Elaine, are fitting in as you go along.
Makes me wish I had all the stories finished in time for this re-airing! I'm hoping to at least get 9-10 up in time for its interval :quill:
. . . we'll see how that goes. . . .
Thanks so much!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

How lovely this is!

As many times as we have heard that emotional involvement between vampires and humans never end well/too much trouble/forever is a long time/yadda yadda yadda, ad infinitum, the territory has clearly been traveled before.

Elaine is still holding on, even when it ended badly, because she hopes and needs, and because she still loves.

Poitnant, and very sad. But not always a lost cause.

Beautifully written, Shadow!

Thanks,

Jenna
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

jen wrote:How lovely this is!

As many times as we have heard that emotional involvement between vampires and humans never end well/too much trouble/forever is a long time/yadda yadda yadda, ad infinitum, the territory has clearly been traveled before.

Elaine is still holding on, even when it ended badly, because she hopes and needs, and because she still loves.

Poitnant, and very sad. But not always a lost cause.

Beautifully written, Shadow!

Thanks,

Jenna
Thanks so much for coming back by, Jenna!

Elaine does keep holding on, perhaps beyond reason .... she's kinda like Mick that way.

So glad you enjoyed this! :hearts:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

I've always wondered what Mick was thinking as he walked away from Beth that day. Telling her of his turning must have been cathartic, but he must have been worried about what would she think....with her taking so long before she reconnected with him, he might think his confession might have cost him her friendship.

Interesting how Mick finally begins to believe he's not the monster he was in the past. Until Beth came along, no human that he cared for had provided a mirror for him to see himself in their eyes. In hers, he found no condemnation, only acceptance, even though she didn't yet know the whole story.

Love how you took the incineration of Dr. Pollard as a trigger for Mick having nightmares about Coraline's demise. Burning to death is, as Morgan would later attest, a hideous way to die, human or vampire. Mick still feels something for Coraline, if nothing more than remorse for having to end her life. No wonder Pollard's incineration resurrected bad memories.

This story of Elaine is most intriguing....little by little you tell us a bit about her, weaving her story in with the episodes. How sad her story so far, with her husband not being able to accept what she was...and Mick's wondering what he would have done had Coraline treated him in the same way. How is it that she came to be turned at so young an age and who is Chloe, whom she misses so much?

Wonderfully engaging story, Shadow :rose:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!

Return to “In Between”