Darling I'm Lost (In Between 3 and 4, PG)

maggatha3
Ancient

Re: Darling I'm Lost (In Between 3 and 4, PG)

Post by maggatha3 »

Re-reading this episode I got that feeling I had when I first read it. Mick's pain is so deep, you can even touch it. Such diverse emotions run through him! In the end of Dr Feelgood he made so much progress, sharing such intimacy and trust with Beth is much more than he even expected from himself so soon! He didn't even want her to know and now he is sharing the most hurtful details of his life with her. And all those regrets and doubts he has are just too painful, and maybe too much for him to deal with. It is unbelievable only to imagine that he will have to feed on her blood to survive in just a while!!

What strikes me more in that In Between is that though Elaine is described as a misfit- both in the years of her human life and later on as a vampire- she totally fits in the story and in Mick's life so perfectly, representing a part of his past that is essential for us to understand more about his character. Her dialogue with Mick is such a treat! And now, that I am reading again, I am not so desperate as I had been when you first introduced her to us... :yes:

My Sire :rose:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Maggatha, how wonderful it is that you described this as re-reading an episode . . . :cloud9:

And also how wonderful what you wrote about Elaine . . . I'm really glad her character was able to grow to be more than just the answer to Beth's question in Sonata!
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

This was wonderful, Shadow! :rose:

I love how you integrated what we know from the Moonlight episodes with your own storylines. :notworthy:

I'm intrigued by Elaine, and very sad for her. :hankie:

Another thing I liked was the ending. Mick reasoned that Beth was better off without him, and that "it wasn't meant to be." And then she called him. He realized that, when it comes to Beth, he doesn't act from his brain. He acts from his heart. :happysigh:

Thank you! :hug: I'll be back again tomorrow.
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Hi Marigold! It's so lovely that you're intrigued by Elaine . . . I was a little unsure about putting a new character into the intervals, but it really did seem like Mick would have a lot more going on in his life than what we saw in the show.

And so true that Mick's little voice of reason has no chance against what he feels in his heart!

Thank you so much!! :hearts:

Return to “In Between”