Presents of Mind--a Josef/Freshie Lucky Christmas fic, PG-13

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Presents of Mind--a Josef/Freshie Lucky Christmas fic, PG-13

Post by librarian_7 »

Just a very brief little glimpse inside Casa Kostan, after the Christmas party is over....

Presents of Mind

Almost dawn, Christmas day. The house was quiet at long last, the final party-goer departed, the freshies all gone to their beds, most of them well-bitten and happy. The housekeepers had made a quick sweep through, and all the debris of the party had vanished with them. Earning their Christmas bonuses, as always. Josef found that he was glad of the quiet, tired of the hoorah. Just time for a last drink before hitting the old icebox, he thought. And the blush of dawn over the Hollywood hills was pleasant, even in the dark of winter. He thought for a change he’d take a little ice in the scotch, rather than having it neat. He didn’t have any convenient blood for it, and after all, what was life without variety?

Loosening his tie, he settled back and put his feet up on the coffee table as he sipped his drink. He was wondering, idly, if the unspoken message he’d sent had been received, and understood.

When he heard the door open quietly, and the brush of slippers over the rug, he knew it had. He looked up and held out his hand as Lucky approached, taking in her uncharacteristically modest robe, the sash at the waist tied firmly. No flirty little sexy Santa costume, which he’d half expected.

Lucky slipped into his lap, the emerald satin of her robe falling softly over his thighs. Well, at least she had on one of her short nighties under the robe. That was reassuring. “I trust I’m not intruding?”

“I’d hoped you’d come back, doll.” He gave her a lopsided smile. “You’re wrapped up like a Christmas present.”

“Well, it’s a cool night.”

“If it weren’t quite so late…”

Lucky cuddled up to him. “Pity, that.”

He let his hand trail down her sleeve to rest on her thigh. “Are you wondering why you didn’t get a nice present under the tree like the others, sweetheart?”

“I won’t say it hadn’t crossed my mind. But I’ve learned to trust you, Josef.”

He was silent for a little while, sipping his drink. The only lights left in the room, were the tiny twinkling points on the tree. Earlier, it had been covered with envelopes, and small, expensive boxes of jewelry. Now, it looked slightly bare, but considerably more elegant.

“I like giving my girls presents,” he said, still staring out at the city lights below. “It pleases me to reward their devotion.”

“You’re always more than generous. I’ve never heard a complaint.”

“And yet, this year…when it came to you, I couldn’t think of the right thing.”

She laid a hand gently on his chest. “You’ve always given me so much of yourself, Josef. What would some bauble be, compared to that?”

“I could say the same thing of you, babe.”

He set his glass aside, and reached over to turn her face to him, putting his mouth over hers, gently at first, then with more need. She responded, opening to him, as always, welcoming him with a racing pulse, and soft, caressing hands.

He broke the kiss, put his forehead down on her shoulder. “I’d give you the world, if you wanted it. You know that.” He lifted his head and looked her in the eye.

Her fingertips skimmed his cheek, her thumb brushing lightly across his lower lip. “Right now, I can’t think of a single thing I want, Josef, that I don’t already have,” she said.

“No?”

“No.”

“Then maybe we should just enjoy the dawn.”

“Merry Christmas, Josef.”

“Merry Christmas, sweetheart.”
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Presents of Mind--a Josef/Freshie Lucky Christmas fic, PG-13

Post by allegrita »

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: It says a lot that Josef was at a loss for a gift that would properly express his feelings for Lucky! :happysigh: :melts: :heart:
RangerCM
Rogue vampire

Post by RangerCM »

Oooooooo. I just love this. Both understanding and trust. :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh:
banner by Cprav
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Lovely. They have each other, so who needs anything else? They have come a long way. :hearts:
LadyAilith
Fledgling

Post by LadyAilith »

What a sweet little fic! Thanks for the lovely interlude... :rose:

Happy Holidays!

LadyAilith :mooncat:
LadyAilith :rose:
tucutecats
Fledgling

Post by tucutecats »

Thank you Lucky for this very wonderful Christmas Present Joseph and Lucky together and at peace wirh the world,not needing anything or anyone other than each other at this time.I love it you are such a womderful story teller. :hyper2: :cheer:
AggieVamp
Rogue vampire

Post by AggieVamp »

awww... :melts: :melts: what a gem of a gift for Christmas! This was sooo sweet, and so wonderful. Thank you for this little gift. Started my Christmas Eve off very nice! A nice warm fuzzy feeling for a day of driving (though I get to be passenger this year!)

Merry Christmas Lucky!

Karen
Banner by HotMicks

Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional - and I Opt NOT to Grow Up!
:petcat: :petcat:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Awwww that's so sweet. What a wonderful way to start Christmas Eve with Josef and Lucky.

Merry Christmas
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonShadow »

Every dawn that breaks, with all the glory and passion that each new day brings will forever hold two more elements for me.

Lucky you succeeded in giving me the perfect Christmas gift,
thank you, happy holidays to you and your, warmest wishes for the new year.

MS
Banner by Lilly

Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn
The power of man, for none of woman born
Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Post by jenstc2003 »

Absolutely LOVELY! No other words for it Lucky!
Jen

Mick's Synful One
one.zebra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by one.zebra »

Very touching...sigh.... :happysigh:
Banner and avatar by Twilightdew!

Travelling 33rpm in an iPod world
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Very sweet. Merry Christmas, Josef & Lucky. :mistletoe:
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

I so loved this sweet little story! :rose: Josef always knows the right thing to say and do...especially at Christmas.
“I’d give you the world, if you wanted it. You know that.” He lifted his head and looked her in the eye.
Okay, you really got me with this line! :hearts:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
tucutecats
Fledgling

Post by tucutecats »

I,ve read this several times and will read it againas I do all of your work. I just love this,it's so tender and touching it gives me goosebumps. I hope Lucky and Joseph have a happily ever after.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Thanks, everyone, for all the nice comments. I thought...Josef and Freshie Lucky deserved a quiet, peaceful moment together. (I like to think she's good for him!)

Lucky

Return to “Josef's Lucky”