A Moonlight Christmas Carol, Ch 4 (PG-13)

jen
Cleaner

Re: A Moonlight Christmas Carol, Ch 4 (PG-13)

Post by jen »

Oh, WOW

Lucky this is wonderful.

The last chapter was absolutely fabulous!!!!

What an extraordinary tribute to Charles Dickens and Moonlight, too!

Thank you!!!

Jenna
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
tucutecats
Fledgling

Post by tucutecats »

can't remember reading yhis, but it is most excellent, I love the alastair sim version, but this is right uo there withnthe best of them, :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

What a wonderful ending! Baby Beth is the perfect Ghost of Christmas Future... she's the essence of what is yet to come for Mick. She shows him what his life will be like if he stays self-obsessed and angry and unwilling to reach out. She is that glimmer of light at the end of a dark tunnel. I love the way you've stayed true to Dickens and totally true to Moonlight at the same time. Beautiful job! :notworthy: :hearts:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

librarian_7 wrote: Now, faced with this childlike innocence, I wondered what stains my life, my actions, had left on me. But somehow, I couldn’t pull away. I put my hand in hers...

... I think I’ll be keeping my eye out, for a small blonde girl with a serious face, and blue eyes that see right through me.
Just...no comment!! Lucky :rose:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Lucky

This. Was. Fabulous.

This last chapter had so much impact. Now, I know others have said this much more eloquently, but I'm poing to touch on the same points. Sorry to be repetitious, but the warrant repeating.

Baby Beth is a perfect choice as the Ghost of Christmas Future, and setting the story at a time when he would not yet recognize this blond child was a masterful stroke. I think it is totally plausible that Coraline talked to Josef about her concerns for Mick. They had, after all, known each other a long time. It is plausible that they may have occasionally been more than 'friends' but that is a discussion for another time.

The scene where Mick confronts multiple images of himself, reading with a glass of A positive--innumerable Christmases spent alone, different and yet achingly the same. Now that's chilling.

And finally that last line.

Wonderful!
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

You know, it's hard to remember at this point exactly why I chose Baby Beth for Christmas Future, but it seems like there were several factors. Mick said that meeting her was a turning point for him (not in those words exactly, but you know what I mean). And by the time of the main story arc of ML, he didn't need to be "Scrooged," as he'd already become pretty altruistic. Which meant I had to go back in time a bit to set the story and make it believable to me. Also, in Dickens, the last spirit doesn't speak, and it's hard to see a grownup Beth without something to say, isn't it? :snicker: But little Beth...she might have been quieter.

I'm rather fond of the ending myself, because, well, this is a vampire story, when all is said and done, and our vamp...I can't see him being too affected by something he really thought was just a dream from spoiled blood!

Thank you all for reading again, and a Merry Christmas to you!

Lucky
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

The more I think about it, the more I think that Little Beth was the perfect representation of Christmas Yet to Come. She is the embodiment of all that Mick needs to fight for in order to regain his link to his lost humanity. And that little girl will become a symbol of so much to him. She will become his reason for continuing. :hearts: And one day, he'll allow her to see him, and our little show will be born.

Thank you for setting Mick on the path toward his humanity, Lucky! :hearts: :hug: And a very merry Christmas to you! (God bless us, everyone!)
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

And a most merry Christmas to you, too, Alle, and to all my Moonlight friends!

Return to “A Moonlight Christmas Carol”