Sophia Q & A 20th December

Locked Sophia threads are here.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Sophia Q & A 20th December

Post by redwinter101 »

Sophia did a live interview with Mia from Absolutely Sophia Myles on Dec 20th and also answered some fan questions.

Here's the link: http://sophiamyles.org/2009/12/20/live-fan-qa-vol-1/

It's so lovely to hear some news from her. :cloud9:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Missy
Kostan Industries intern

Re: Sophia Q & A 20th December

Post by Missy »

I tried to listen and couldn't hear anything through the static. Was there any news of new projects for her?
Banner by the talented Tugafanatic
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

It's a lovely Q & A (and the sound quality does vary from caller to caller so it's worth persevering if you can). She's so sweet to all the callers, some of whom were very nervous, and genuinely interested in them, not just talking about herself (and she's also incredibly understanding about the technical problems).

Missy, I'm afraid no-one actually asked her what she's doing at the moment. :slaphead:

Here's a few of the main topics:

She did confirm that she spent the summer travelling in Thailand but is now back in the UK. She found the trip incredibly liberating and loved the whole solo backpacking experience.
She also says that film sets are her favourite place on earth.
Casting is (or should be) about the actor whose soul best fits the part (I love that).
She was really homesick while working in LA.
Favourite dish: baked sweet potato although she has a passion for spicy food.
Size zero is "a pile of bollocks" (love her).
There was one really sweet ML fan who called in and spoke about how Moonlight had inspired her to make friends all over the world.
She visits the board (Absolutely Sophia Myles) from time to time and is always happy to see everyone there having so much fun.
She admires people who aren't afraid to be themselves.
She enjoys talking to fans direct without a publicist getting in the way and always tries to respond to fan mail personally, but (like all the rest of us in the UK) she lost a load of mail recently due to problems with the postal service. Two callers took the opportunity to thank her for writing back to them.
She loves Gavin and Stacey (which won't mean anything unless you're in the UK - it's a comedy show).
Her perfect day would be spent horse-riding with friends in the UK countryside on a sunny day.
Her advice is come to London if you get the chance because it's amazing ( :cheer: ), just not at the moment because "the weather's shit". :snicker:
Learning good lines is easy; learning bad lines is hard.
She sends best wishes to everyone for Christmas and the New Year.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

Thank you for the rundown of her interview. I will try to listen to it later this week. She's awesomeness and I hope we see her in a movie or TV show soon!!!
*Christy*

helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

I bravely listened to the whole thing. It was kinda of painful and awkward because they couldn't get a clear lines. But Sophia waited so patiently. Yeah, they DIDN'T ask the one question I was waiting for. "What is your next project??" Wow, couldn't believe that one.

Sophia also loved the movie "Once" and also loves the movie "The Neverending Story," which she watched as a child.
Nobody asked her about Moonlight but she did volunteer several brief comments about it like "I miss Moonlight. I love Moonlight"

Yeah, the one lady was who inspired by Sophia because of Moonlight is the top poster on the Sophia board. She has over 2,000 posts!!!! Several of you ladies got that beat....thrice over! Oh, and Sophia does check on the board and sees what the ladies are doing online!!!!

She also always answers her fan mail. I'm sure she'd sign a photo if you mailed her one. I might do that!

Sophia also volunteered she got into the habit of learning lines quickly while filming Moonlight because they filmed so quickly and had so many lines. But she wouldn't delve into the emotions of the scene until they were filming. I thought that was pretty interesting to see her acting technique.

To be honest, it was a fairly pathetic attempt at an interview because of the technical difficulties and also the questions were not that great. They were quite broad and hard to answer for Sophia. Sophia also asked them questions, which I thought were more personal. She seems like a lovely lady, truly.
lafluffy
Freelance freshie

Post by lafluffy »

It is absolutely wonderful to hear from her, so thanks to those who gave us the highlights. What a sweetheart. She's the kind of person you would want to hang out with. Shame that no one was alert enough to ask about her future though. Did she mention Moonlight? More than once? Awwwww.... :heart:
lafluffy, Queen of the Damned Fluffies
........................Image
.......................Fabulous screencap by the ever fabulous lighterthanair.

Return to “The Sophia Archives”