A Moonlight Christmas Carol, Ch 3 (PG-13)

jen
Cleaner

Re: A Moonlight Christmas Carol, Ch 3 (PG-13)

Post by jen »

Fabulous!!!!

Dickens meets Moonlight!

thank you!
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, I love the view of Josef, being considerate and concerned for a freshie. Shocking, isn't it? The farmer actually coddling the food? I guess Josef's not quite the cold-hearted guy he claims to be, huh?

But Mick? Mick really was cold-hearted. And he has a lot to learn. :Mickangel:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

This was comforting, at least at present Mick has Josef. Not the Josef everybody sees-not even Mick-, but the one we know and love. Mick was different though, maybe this experience with that woman at the morgue made him more sensitive and ... brought LeeJay into his life later.

Lucky, I bet Dickens would be proud to see this Moonlight Christmas Carol. :rose:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This is wonderful!

So Mick was previously unaware of Josef's protective relationship with his freshies? We spend a lot of time thinking about what four centuries of vampiric life has done to the personality of Josef Kostan (or whatever his real name is). Has he come to distain human emotions and only become very adept at imitating them when it suits him, or has he learned to see beneath the form and facades to the substance beneath.

Thank you!
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Well, Alle, maggatha, jen-- Josef always says, "Happy freshies taste better." I guess I've always thought Josef had a "vamp to vamp" personality, and a "vamp to human" personality...just because he's smart enough to know how to survive, and that's going to have to have meant interacting with a lot of humans over the years. Mick, at this point, would have been holding humans he fed from at arm's length, so to speak, for fear he might hurt someone he'd come to care for, and have yet another thing to feel angsty about.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I agree with your comment above, Lucky. Mick is afraid of caring. But not caring makes you an uncaring person. And as we fans have seen and come to love, Mick is, in reality, a person who cares a lot. Did this fateful Christmas Eve bring him to the point where he could stop being afraid to care? :chin:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

He definitely did have to make that decision. I think it was beautifully portrayed in NSTAV when he decided to melt into Beth's embrace...he made a conscious decision to take the risk, and it was a huge moment.

Here, he's seeing the evidence of his uncaring ways, and starting to question the wisdom of shutting himself off.

Return to “A Moonlight Christmas Carol”