Let in the Light (In Between 1 and 2, PG)

Shadow
Courtesan

Re: Let in the Light --- (In Between part 1, PG)

Post by Shadow »

AussieJo wrote:New story from Shadow :hug:
What a lovely Christmas present!
And it will keep on giving.....
Love to you, dear Shadow. :wave:
Aw, that's so sweet, Jo! I'm glad I actually got this chapter finished before Christmas .....
Thanks so much for reading; I'll have more pretty soon. :hearts:
Shadow
Courtesan

Re: Let in the Light --- (In Between part 1, PG)

Post by Shadow »

redwinter101 wrote:
AussieJo wrote:New story from Shadow :hug:
What a lovely Christmas present!
And it will keep on giving.....
Love to you, dear Shadow. :wave:
Oh I SO agree. A new story!! :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: I love the concept - there were so many intriguing transitions from episode to episode, as well as a few that raised more questions than they answered, and I can't wait to see how you tackle them all.

This is a wonderful opening. Just wonderful.

Red
Hi Red! Thank you .... I love your confidence that I can do this ... :snicker: I thought some of the transitions were startling to say the least, and they just seemed to beg for an explanation. ("Tackle" really is the right word, too!)
coco
Cleaner

Re: Let in the Light (In Between 1 and 2, PG)

Post by coco »

How lovely to see a new story from you, Shadow.

A wonderful beginning. I'm completely intrigued to find out more. :twothumbs:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

coco wrote:How lovely to see a new story from you, Shadow.

A wonderful beginning. I'm completely intrigued to find out more. :twothumbs:
hi coco! It's been a while since the last story, must be something to do with that video-making addiction ... :biggrin:
Thanks, I'm glad you liked this first part!
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

Wonderful job, Shadow, I love how you fill in the gaps left by the show. I can't wait to read the next segment! :yahoo:
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

wollstonecraft61 wrote:Wonderful job, Shadow, I love how you fill in the gaps left by the show. I can't wait to read the next segment! :yahoo:
Thanks very much! I just can't resist trying to fill gaps ..... :hearts:
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Hi Shadow :wave:
What a great idea! This is the essence of fanfic, and yet this is the first time I've seen someone tackle the in betweens as a series. Enjoyed the first and looking forward to the rest. :twothumbs:
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

nutmegger911 wrote:Hi Shadow :wave:
What a great idea! This is the essence of fanfic, and yet this is the first time I've seen someone tackle the in betweens as a series. Enjoyed the first and looking forward to the rest. :twothumbs:
hi nutmegger! I haven't seen this done before either, all the way through, although I'm terribly far behind on my reading and may have missed something .... ;) I'm glad you liked this first one! :thanks:
lila
Freelance freshie

Post by lila »

Oh, I finally get to read this! It was pure torture having this in my inbox and being unable to read it, PURE TORTURE I SAY.

But that is all in the past... because this is lovely! Due to the nature of the show, our knowledge of the characters -and therefore their lives- is episodic and inarticulated, but you fill in the blanks beautifully. I very much like the title and the image it brings to mind.
It's very interesting as well to read the way you link the first and second episodes, seamlessly, because when I first watched the show it seemed to me there was an abrupt shift between the There's no Such Thing as Vampires and Out of the Past. Really, this is such an excellent linking job. Wonderful, Shadow!
I have to go eat lunch with the family now, and I find myself disliking them because they're keeping me from reading the second part... but I'll be back! :)
Thank you to Heartgram_lala for my beautiful icon.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

lila wrote:Oh, I finally get to read this! It was pure torture having this in my inbox and being unable to read it, PURE TORTURE I SAY.

But that is all in the past... because this is lovely! Due to the nature of the show, our knowledge of the characters -and therefore their lives- is episodic and inarticulated, but you fill in the blanks beautifully. I very much like the title and the image it brings to mind.
It's very interesting as well to read the way you link the first and second episodes, seamlessly, because when I first watched the show it seemed to me there was an abrupt shift between the There's no Such Thing as Vampires and Out of the Past. Really, this is such an excellent linking job. Wonderful, Shadow!
I have to go eat lunch with the family now, and I find myself disliking them because they're keeping me from reading the second part... but I'll be back! :)
Hi lila - hooray, you got a bit of reading time!! I really sympathize, there are so many things I'm longing to read but haven't yet found the time for. We need a vampire lifetime..... or at least a few more hours in each day! I'm quite honored that you used some of your time here. :hearts:
Glad you liked this title! The titles are all song lyrics (so far anyway) from Tom McCrae's "My Vampire Heart."
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Shadow

This is wonderful! It fits so seamlessly between those first two episodes and is so in character for everyone.

Off to read more!

Thanks!

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Sparrow
Freelance freshie

Post by Sparrow »

LOVE It...keeping on reading.... :heart:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

jen wrote:Shadow

This is wonderful! It fits so seamlessly between those first two episodes and is so in character for everyone.

Off to read more!

Thanks!

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts:
Thank you jen ... I've been trying to keep them in character for the moments they're in; we'll see how it goes!
Glad to hear you're going on with these. :cloud9:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Sparrow wrote:LOVE It...keeping on reading.... :heart:
That's great to hear! Thanks so much, Sparrow. :rose:
diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

Oh I really love this shadow! You describe Mick's POV so realistically, how he is hoping despite himself! :hearts: :flowers:
I love the way you interpret the little details. Like this one:
Shadow wrote:Disclaimer: Moonlight is not mine and no copyright infringement is intended.

“It’s just a scratch.” He should have changed the shirt, or at least left his jacket on to cover it, but he hadn’t. He’d thought of it, but had told himself he shouldn’t leave her to go upstairs, that it might look odd to her if he wore his jacket inside the warm apartment. They were flimsy reasons, and he had a good idea now why he’d come up with them.
-
So true! :hearts:

Return to “In Between”