Let in the Light (In Between 1 and 2, PG)

Shadow
Courtesan

Re: Let in the Light (In Between 1 and 2, PG)

Post by Shadow »

susieb wrote:I'm chuckling. That's exactly what I was doing: watching the episode and then reading the In Between. (Well, I cheated and read your most recent one out of order). Your stories just make the show juicier. :yes: This is why I haven't continued - not enough time to watch the ep and then read!
:cloud9: Wow Susie, I had no idea you were reading them that way too! That's . . . fantastic!
Although there does seem to be a downside with the time issue. . . ;) I can see why that would be a problem!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

allegrita wrote:It's an absolute joy to reread these... to see how beautifully you tied everything together, even from the beginning.
Oh, thank you for re-reading, that's so wonderful . . . and I very much agree with Maggattha about your signature! The avatar is so lovely too -- so absolutely perfect for Valentine's Day. :heart:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Now that you've reached the end, with (hopefully :pray: ) a final post-Sonata chapter to come, I'm treating myself to a re-read so that I'll be all caught up and refreshed, ready for the big finish.

I'd forgotten the physical confrontation between Mick and Josef in this chapter and Josef's complete mystification at the nature of Mick's tentative relationship with Beth.

Mick can hardly explain what he doesn't really understand himself - yet - but it's SO clear in this beautiful moment:
She was asleep. Mick listened to her steady breathing as he watched the night sky fade and turn to day. When the sun rose, he went to her window and gently pressed the palm of his hand to the glass, closing his eyes, listening one last time to the beat of her heart. An instant later, he was gone.
Her protector. No matter what.

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

redwinter101 wrote:Now that you've reached the end, with (hopefully :pray: ) a final post-Sonata chapter to come, I'm treating myself to a re-read so that I'll be all caught up and refreshed, ready for the big finish.
It is just so wonderful to know that you have been re-reading from the beginning, Red! And what a great inspiration that is for me to keep working on that post-Sonata story.

(You won't need to read these very fast in order to finish them all before the next chapter arrives ;) . . . . but it is coming along . . . .)
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Shadow wrote: (You won't need to read these very fast in order to finish them all before the next chapter arrives ;) . . . . but it is coming along . . . .)
That's wonderful news.

And I am patient. :serenity:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

redwinter101 wrote:And I am patient. :serenity:
:phew: Patience is a wonderful virtue . . . .
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Ah, so I watched NSTAV yesterday while working on a project... and I thought I'd treat myself to a re read of the approprite In Between. :ysmile:

It's been awhile for this one. So perfect how you have Josef learn his secret... and the foreshadowing of Lee Jay and the very sly introduction to our now beloved Elaine. :happysigh: This reminds me how your series is so much more than in betweens. You have explained those annoying gaps in the eps, yes, but you have also expanded Mick's world and given us a series within the series, with new characters to love and disdain, amazing new adventures, and with more insight into Mick. :hearts:

As soon as I can watch OOTO, I'll be back! :hyper2:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Wow Grace, you are re-reading too!!! :woohoo:

You and Red are such an inspiration as I come up against various brick walls in the next chapter . . . ;)

Thank you for such an extremely motivating comment. (I especially loved that you mentioned Elaine's entrance into the story. . . :rose:)
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Well, since I have a brand new set of Moonlight dvds :smooch: , I thought I 'd start watching them from the beginning. I watched NSTAV a while ago and just read the first in between story. Now , reading them for the second time, they just seem as part of the scenario. I love the way you write Mick, Beth and Josef, they are so very much themselves. I especially loved how Mick is letting Beth in from this point even, not changing his shirt was just giving her a small glimpse of himself, even unwillingly or subconsciously. And he even lets Josef see who really Beth is, so Josef knows now how Mick cares for her in more than one ways.

And how amazing was that!! Beth looked at Mick in that loving way that she had looked at him as a kid when he left her in her mother's arms, ''seeing all the way to his soul''. By the end of the night his soul was full of her, he would think only of her...
But by the time he stood on the rooftop, looking out over the city, his mind was full of Beth again, of the sheer wonder of holding her in his arms, of feeling her trust.

Even if it wasn’t real. Even if it never can be.

He could still look after Beth, openly now, and he could be a friend to her.

He’d save his worries for another day. Tonight, he would think only of Beth

I am off to a new journey, My Sire. :thud:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

maggatha3 wrote: I watched NSTAV a while ago and just read the first in between story. Now , reading them for the second time, they just seem as part of the scenario.
:cloud9: That is such a marvelous thing to hear!
maggatha3 wrote:I especially loved how Mick is letting Beth in from this point even, not changing his shirt was just giving her a small glimpse of himself, even unwillingly or subconsciously.
I don't suppose they intended it that way but I really like the idea that there was a purpose behind this . . . even if it was a subconscious one. :happysigh:

I'm so glad you are enjoying your new dvd's, little fledgling, and just delighted that you are re-reading these stories as well!

I hope you will have a very fine new journey. :flowers:
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

Hi Shadow! :wave: Maggatha recommended this series to me, and I'm glad she did. Filling-in-the-blanks between episodes is such a neat idea! :twothumbs: I love how you incorporated so many different, upcoming aspects of Moonlight into this chapter.
He could still hardly believe that he’d stood there and let her walk up to him. It was the most miraculous thing he’d ever done.
Very true. Had he hid in the shadows yet again, none of this would have happened.

Thank you! :rose: I'll be back tomorrow to read "In Between 2 and 3"!!! :hug:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Hi Marigold, it's wonderful to see you here! And how wonderful that Maggatha recommended this series to you. :happysigh:

It's so great to know that you like the in-between idea . . . and the first chapter! Hope you'll enjoy the rest too. Thanks so much. :hearts:
umbra amoris
Mortal

Post by umbra amoris »

Wow. I watched the first episode, and was still a bit emotional from hearing Evanescence over Mick and Beth hugging. Then I picked up my printed copy of "Let in the Light", and it took me further. All the things I've wanted to say about how Mick felt, about how he knows he's a monster and that he'll never have the life that all mortals get, the way he wants Beth but remembers Lilah and how much it hurt to want something - to try to _have_ something - that ultimately he couldn't have. And he realizes that "monsters don't get happily ever after".

It made me appreciate that one simple hug can carry so much meaning and depth. And you saw it, and extracted it, and gave that to us.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

This will be my first reply attempting to use the voice recognition software on my phone. So you'll have to forgive the way it will no doubt struggle to figure out your name, my dear umbrella Morris. Ohh my, it is indeed still struggling a bit! However, I suppose we should give it a few points for creativity.

But on to the real reply. I am very excited to see that you are not only reading these stories but also watching the episodes around them, after all this time. It must be all new to you again, and it is a thrill to know that these stories are now part of your experience. And what a treasure to have your comment showing up here on the board! Mick and Beth's hug was so special on the show, it is wonderful to know that this story could actually enhance that moment. Thank you so much for the comment!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

And I somehow forgot to mention how totally awesome your vampy Sophia avatar is.....

Return to “In Between”