Christmas Without Anne Forgiveness Series PG 13

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Christmas Without Anne Forgiveness Series PG 13

Post by cassysj »

I do not own any recognizable characters no copyright infringement is intended.

Warning this is definitely a hankie alert

Christmas 2005

This was the first Christmas after Anne died and Sarah did not want to celebrate.

Charles knew this year was going to be so hard on Sarah. Christmas was Anne’s favorite holiday and long before she moved to California she had always flown out for the holidays. He was surprised at the depth of his own grief.

He spent Christmas Eve drinking heavily and Sarah had not eaten in two days. She was sobbing in their bedroom.

He was very surprised when he heard the doorbell ring.

He was more surprised to see Mick St. John standing there.

“Mick, I’m not very good company tonight.”

“I know but it’s important. It has to do with Anne.”

“Anne’s dead.”

“Charles, I have to tell you…..”

Ding Dong!

“I don’t believe it. Charles said Who shows up on Christmas Eve uninvited?”

He opened the door and saw Hope and Riley.

“I don’t mean to be rude but we are not having a party this year.”

“Do you think I wanted to celebrate?” Hope growled “Mick St. John told me I had to come for Anne.”

“I got the same message.” Riley said.

Charles shook his head.

“Mick what is going on?”

“You need to bring Sarah down here.”

“My wife is hysterical, she does not have to play hostess.”

“Charles, please. Anne made me promise her on the last day.”

Charles stormed upstairs and pounded on Sarah’s door.

“Go away.” Sarah yelled

“Sarah we have company.”

“Send them away.”

“It’s Hope and Riley. Mick says Anne made him promise.”

Sarah flung open the door.

“He better be telling the truth or he’s never setting foot in this house again.”

“Agreed.”

Sarah and Charles walked downstairs and sat down on the couch.

“Get on with it Mick.” Sarah said

“I’m sorry to intrude on all your grief. I wouldn’t be here if Anne hadn’t insisted.”

“What did Mother tell you that she didn’t tell us?” Sarah snapped “I’m her daughter, Hope was her best friend. Charles was the son she never had and Riley was her companion. You were just a casual acquaintance.”

“That’s why she said it had to be me. She told me if I didn’t do it, she’d haunt me for all eternity.”

“That sounds like her.” Charles said.

Mick handed Sarah a small package and letter.

Sarah opened the letter first.

My Dearest Sarah,

I remember how sad I was the year after my own mother died but I had my little girl to keep me company. Don’t let grief hold you down. I’m at peace and I want you to take care of yourself.

I know part of you will never forgive me for not being turned but I just couldn’t see myself as an old woman for all eternity.

I’m giving you a journal. I want you to fill it with everything you would have told me if I was still there. I want you to get a new one every year and keep filling it. When we meet again you’ll remember everything you ever wanted to tell me.

I love you Sarah and will always be with you if not in body then spirit.

Love

Mother

Sarah held the journal tightly and wept.

Mick handed a letter and box to Hope next.

Dear Hope,

My closest friend in the world, the sister I wish I had. I know losing me is different for you. I represented your life, the world you lived and died in.

In this box is a hat. You remember when a lady always wore a hat. I want you to buy two hats every year. One for you and one for me. The most fashionable hats for young and old women. Wear the hat and remember the good old days.

Love

Anne

Hope put the hat on her head immediately and started to sniffle.

Mick gave Riley his gift next.

Dear Riley,

You were the only man I ever saw socially after my husband died. We were good friends and I really enjoyed the times we spent together. I never told Sarah I let you feed from me so I could know what it felt like for their donors. I always had a wonderful time with you and I remember when you offered to turn me years ago but I thought I was too old and I didn’t know I had thirty years left.

If Mick did his job they’ll be two tickets to the opera. I want you to go every year and leave the seat next to you empty. I need somewhere to sit.

Love

Annie

Mick handed the last package to Charles.

Dear Son,

Yes, I’m calling you Son because that’s what you were to me. I have to thank you for so many things. You gave me my little girl back. I know that wasn’t easy for you. Charles you are the strongest person I’ve ever known. You kept Sarah alive when she was asleep and you made us a family after she woke up.

You already have my most prized possession, my daughter. I also leave you my Initial ring. Have Riley make a new band so it fits but wear my “A” every year on Christmas so I can be with you.

Don’t let Sarah wallow, she will if given the chance. Life is for the living and that’s what you all are even if you’re undead.

Love

Mother

All five vampires sat with tears in their eyes and were slightly dazed.

Charles was the first to recover.

“What can I get everyone to drink?”

“Charles I’m not really up to celebrating.” Sarah said.

“Mother isn’t giving us a choice. We’re not ready for a party this year but we will have a drink in honor of Anne and next year and every year after that you’re all invited to be with us to remember her.”

The vampires drank and remembered the woman they all loved.
AggieVamp
Rogue vampire

Re: Christmas Without Anne Forgiveness Series PG 13

Post by AggieVamp »

aww jeez! :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: you weren't kidding! While it's been 3 & 21 years since I lost my dad & mom - there are still times when I just get mad at the world because they're not here...

I'm going home now to my :kitten: & :petcat: - they'll make me feel better...

Karen
Banner by HotMicks

Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional - and I Opt NOT to Grow Up!
:petcat: :petcat:
eris
Sire

Post by eris »

:Mickangel:

You certainly weren't kidding with the hankie alert -- I brought extras:

:hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie:

(HEY!!! Who put a smiley limit on the board??? :mdrama: )
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Aggie - My parents have been gone 38 and 15 years it is still hard sometimes. I wanted to see my :kitten: after I wrote it.

Eris - My stories are usually a lot lighter glad you brought extra :hankie:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

:hankie: :hankie: :hankie:
My parents still live, thank God, but this made me sniffle. And to choose Mick to give the presents to them, she really chose well. :Mickangel:
Thank you!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I figured it had to be Mick because everyone else would be too distraught. I'm glad you liked it even if it :hankie:

Return to “Forgiveness”