Tutti Frutti - Short Fic (Josef/Sara) - PG

A place for Hope91's G to PG-13 stories
Hope91
Freelance freshie

Tutti Frutti - Short Fic (Josef/Sara) - PG

Post by Hope91 »

Disclaimer: I don’t own anything. Not the characters and most defiantly not the song.

Well, exept for Dee-Dee of course, I own her. Enjoy!

Tutti Frutti

By
Hope

Josef’s POV

New York City, September 1955

“I can not believe that you actually talked me into this.”

Sara had been nagging me for mouths now to get out of my comfort zone or too “venture” out and experience how the little people spend their free time, and what other way too do that by visiting an underground diner.

“Oh, Charles, stop being such a scaredy cat.”

“But what if someone, you know… sees me? Besides,” I began lowering my voice,” I don’t even eat remember? And I am not a scaredy cat.” I spat.

Sara laughed. “Don’t worry, no one isn’t going too see you and besides, you’ll like the diner even if you don’t eat. It’s big, bright and they also a juke-box too. The folks there are very friendly, and the staff members take your orders while running around on roller skates.”

“Roller skates… really?” ‘Wow, you do learn something new everyday.’

She nodded. “Yeah, I even gave it a shot once, but I always did end up falling on my backside and hard. The burses didn’t subside for weeks and if daddy ever found out that I had hurt myself, he wound have closed down the diner with the snap of his fingers.”

Ah, yes… how could I forget about John Whitley? He maybe one of the most ruthless, wealthiest real-estate owners in all of New York and pretty much could put the fear of God in any one who steps in his way. True, if he ever did find out that Sara had badly bruised herself, he would have closed down the establishment and force dozens of people out of work. From what Sara has told me, I’m actually surprised that John never noticed any of the signs of her discomfort or even had the decency to ask how she was feeling. I guess his more caught up on his work then to pay attention to his own daughter.

We walked down a small flight of concrete stairs and saw a light-up sign saying “Danny’s Diner.” Being the gentlemen that I am, I opened one of double glass doors for her. “Thank you.” She said with a grin.

The interior of the diner was as Sara had described it, it had large empty space in the middle of the room, supposably used for dancing. The floor was covered in shiny back and white square tiles and there was the juke-box sitting in the corner between the front entrance, and the counter where customers could order whatever tickled their fancy.

Not long after coming through the door, we were greeted by a female stuff member while rolling on her roller skates with a pen and note pad in hand. “Hi Sara, I haven’t you in a while. How’s your backside doing?”

Sara remained tight lipped; instead her cheeks turned brought red, obviously still feeling very embarrassed by her countless falls. “Hey Dee-Dee, I’m doing fine, thank you for asking. I’d like to introduce you to Charles, Charles this Dee-Dee, one of my oldest and dear friends.”

The tall brunette waitress (aka Dee-Dee) dragged her attention away from Sara and looked towards me. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Charles. Sara has told me a lot about you.”

“Oh, she has, has she?” I just hope not too much? I thought quietly to myself.

The waitress nodded. “Mm-hmm, she sure did. Now, what can I get for the both of you?”

“I’ll have a banana split with chocolate topping, no whipped cream.” Sara replied as her dear waitress friend Dee-Dee began to write down Sara’s order.

I began to scratch my at what Sara had just ordered. A banana split? What on earth is a banana split?

“And for you, Charles?” The waitress asked me.

I began shacking my head. “No, nothing for me, thank you.”

“Ok, so just one banana split then.” Dee-Dee tore out the piece of paper that she had been writing on, “Alright, you two go find a table and I’ll come over in a little bit with that banana split.”

“Thanks, Dee-Dee.” Sara called out to her friend and turned to face me.

I wrap my arm around the waist of the woman I love and said, “Let’s go find us some seats, shell we?”

We spotted some unoccupied stools that were mounted onto the floor at the counter and took our seats before some other punk teenagers claim them.

After waiting for about five minutes, Dee-Dee came rolling up to us with Sara’s order. The dish consisted of a banana that had been cut through the middle (hance that split), filled with three scups of vanilla ice-cream and top it off, the ice-cream was coated with chocolate flavoured topping. “So that’s what a banana split looks like.”

“Pardon me?” Dee-Dee asked in a confused tone.

“Ahh, he said do you have any new records in the juke-box today?” I always knew Sara could always think on her feet, especially when it came to discouraging people (like Dee-Dee) from asking unwanted questions.

“Oh, there is one new record in it; it’s called “Tutti Frutti” by Little Richard. I had a quick listen to it this morning and I have no doubt that this song will send him to the big time.” The waitress replied.

“Well, then if the song is that good, I’ll put it on right now." Sara abandoned her banana split and hopped of the stool. She only walked a few feet to the juke-box since it wasn’t to far away from where we were sitting and started flicking through different song titles. Sara didn’t take long to find the song that she was looking for and it was only then that she didn’t have any lose change in her purse.

I get off the round padded stool and walked over to Sara’s side, presenting her with a quarter in my thumb and index finger. “I believe this is what you are looking for.” She tried to take it out of my fingers, but I was too quick. “Uh, allow me.” I cooed and slipped the quarter into the slot. Sara punched in the combinations so that the machine knows what song to play. I starched out my hand to her.

“Would you care for a dance, sweetheart?” I asked her, hoping that she’ll take the offer.

“Yes, I would love to dance with you. Hurry, the song is about to start.” She answered as she took off her coat and dumped on the table nearest to her.

As we quickly ran onto the large empty dance floor to take our positions, the noise level in the diner started to soften as a loud, drum roll like cry began blasting from the juke-box:

Bop bopa-a-lu a whop bam boo
Tutti Frutti, oh Rudy
Tutti Frutti, oh Rudy
Tutti Frutti, oh Rudy
Tutti Frutti, oh Rudy
Tutti Frutti, oh Rudy
A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo

Got a girl named Sue, she knows just what to do
Got a girl named Sue, she knows just what to do
She rocks to the east, she rocks to the west
But she’s the girl that I know best

Tutti Frutti, oh Rudy
Tutti Frutti, oh Rudy
Tutti Frutti, oh Rudy
Tutti Frutti, oh Rudy
Tutti Frutti, oh Rudy

Got a girl named daisy, she almost drives me crazy
She knows how to love me, yes indeed
Boy, I don’t know what you’re doin’ to me

Tutti Frutti, oh Rudy
Tutti Frutti, oh Rudy
Tutti Frutti, oh Rudy
Tutti Frutti, oh Rudy
Tutti Frutti, oh Rudy
Tutti Frutti, oh Rudy
Whop bop-a-lu a whop… Owwww!

At this point, everybody in the diner had been clapping and bopping along as Sara and I did a series of lifts, dips and dives. I never knew Sara had that kind of energy to perform such tasks. I’ve got to admit, I’m really starting to love the saxophone solo in this sequence.

Tutti Frutti, oh Rudy
Tutti Frutti, oh Rudy
Tutti Frutti, oh Rudy
Tutti Frutti, oh Rudy
Tutti Frutti, oh Rudy

She knows how to love me, yes indeed
Boy, I don’t know what you’re doin’ to me

Tutti Frutti, oh Rudy
Tutti Frutti, oh Rudy
Tutti Frutti, oh Rudy
Tutti Frutti, oh Rudy
Tutti Frutti, oh Rudy

The small crowd of teenagers and staff began to cheer as we took our final poses on the dance floor. Sara began to catch her breath, “I didn’t know you could dance, in fact, I’ve never met anyone who could dance like that?” She said through her teeth, trying not to break her smile.

“Well, I’ve never met a woman who could kick her legs so high, so I guess that makes us even.” I cup both of my hands on her soft cheeks, “And nor have I ever met a woman who could make my spirit soar.” I finished as lend my head towards hers and kissed her on the lips. Sara didn’t pull back; instead she wrapped her arms around my neck and deepened the kiss.

Everyone in the room started wooing and cheering in unison again as our lips met, but that didn’t straddle us from our passionate moment. I could just stay like this forever.

“Alright, Sara are you still gonna to eat your banana split or are you just gonna kiss your man all day?” Dee-Dee yelled out from behind the counter were Sara’s desert was, but failed to get her attention. “Hello, earth to Sara?”

Oh god, I can’t take that woman anymore, “Next time, I choose where we go out to eat and hand out.” I say in between kisses, “Deal?”

She sighed, understanding very well why I asked her that question and finally nodded in agreement.

“Deal.”
Last edited by Hope91 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Tutti Frutti - Short Fic (Josef/Sara) - PG

Post by wpgrace »

:giggle: Cute... and so nice to conceive of Josef so happy in love!
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Hope91
Freelance freshie

Post by Hope91 »

wpgrace wrote::giggle: Cute... and so nice to conceive of Josef so happy in love!

Thank you, wpgrace. If you enjoyed this fic, then stay tuned for more. ;D
greenleaf9
Rogue vampire

Post by greenleaf9 »

I love the image of Josef and Sarah dancing!! :hyper:

This is such a fun story! Josef not knowing what a banana split was made me giggle. :snicker:
Banner created by the lovely RedNightBird.

"...The moon's an arrant thief, and her pale fire fire she snatches from the sun..." ~William Shakespeare

Better Safe Than Staked.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

What a sweet story, Hope. :thumbs:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Cute story, Hope. Sarah's enthusiasm seems to have done Josef good. :ysmile:

Thanks for contributing to the library. :thumbs:
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Hi Hope,

thanks for a view of Josef having fun with the woman he loves....what I would pay to see that dance :hearts:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Aww, that was cute. I would so love to see Josef do a classic Rock n Roll dance.
:giggle:
Hope91
Freelance freshie

Post by Hope91 »

francis wrote:Aww, that was cute. I would so love to see Josef do a classic Rock n Roll dance.
:giggle:

I'm right with you on that one, francis. What I would give to see Josef dance. :giggle: :snicker:
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

That was lovely, Hope. :teeth: Josef & Sarah so carefree...

And that banana split sounds really good. :eat:
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

Very sweet story!! Great to see Josef being so carefree!! :yahoo: I would love to see him dancing to rock 'n roll!!! :hyper2: Love that song!! What a happy story!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :hyper2: :woohoo: :biggrin: :devil: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :thud: :twothumbs: :flowers:

mitzie :mooncat:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

This is very cute, Hope. Thanks for sharing your stories with us. :thumbs:
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

Oh, Hope, I love this ditty. Josef is so funny! Sara and Josef make a cute couple. :hyper2:
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Very cute. I would pay to see Josef do this dance.
Hope91
Freelance freshie

Post by Hope91 »

cassysj wrote:Very cute. I would pay to see Josef do this dance.

Don't we all, cassys. Don't we all. :snicker:

Return to “Hope91's Office”