A Moonlight Christmas Carol, Ch 1 (PG-13)

jen
Cleaner

Re: A Moonlight Christmas Carol, Ch 1 (PG-13)

Post by jen »

This is wonderful, Lucky!

Thank you!
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Alle--thanks for the kind words! You're right, I have this tendency toward Josef...but Mick sometimes speaks up, too. And he's hard to ignore when he does! Thanks so much for the re-read. I have read over this again myself, recently, and it reminds me so fondly of a time when I was writing, goodness! quite a lot of fic. I miss those days!

maggatha, I'm hoping you enjoy all of this tribute to Dickens.

jen, as always, thanks for being such a devoted reader and commenter! It's much appreciated!

Lucky
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Shameless self promotion, here, but I'm rather fond of this one, and just gave it a re-read.

Merry Christmas!
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Dunno 'bout the eris fic, but this one is off to a fabulous start! I might be late to the party, but I'm glad it's still here so I can see what happens next! :chair:

As always, it's great when you can "see" the story playing out in your mind. From start to finish, you set the atmosphere and tone so well that I can see Mick talking to Big G and sipping his 'funky' morgue blood. :laugh: (I think Alle's right... Mick's in for a rough night. :nosee: )

As others have said, this was my favorite passage. So noir, so sad, so Mick. And beautifully phrased. :yes:
I snapped the radio off. Somehow I knew “Silent Night” was coming up, and I couldn’t take that. I had too many silent nights as it was, and there was nothing holy about them.
Great story, Lucky! :clapping: Thanks for sharing it... will be checking out the next chapter for sure. :hearts:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

It's getting late on Christmas Eve, and I wanted to revisit this wonderful story before the night ended. Love this, Lucky--noir Mick is really your forte (okay, one of 'em), and he's about as noir as he can be at the moment. Our boy needs a bit of a kick in the ummmm, Christmas spirit. :winky:

Loving Guillermo in this. He took to the job as if he'd been doing it forever. :hearts:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Glad you found this, HotMicks! Yes, Mick is going to get the full Scrooge treatment...

And thanks, Alle. I'll confess to being a bit proud of this one.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Return to “A Moonlight Christmas Carol”