100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Black Jack: Sweet Science - discussion

Post by r1015bill »

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

You get some sort of Sherlock Holmes award for the day, honey! :smooch:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
MoonMad
Fledgling

Post by MoonMad »

If anyone would like to view this online please PM me.

It is available on DVD. In Australia. I have all the BlackJack movies (in two DVD boxed sets) because I love the series. I've not heard of it in any other country however.

And Grace, the region free player is not a myth. You can very easily 'decode' your player with a few simple presses of the remote, incredible as that seems.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

wpgrace wrote:
redwinter101 wrote:It's certainly not available over here on DVD - but I don't know about in the US.

Red

The only DVD I've ever seen discussed on ANY of the Alex or ML sites is an Aussie DVD... whatever region number that is... and thus will only work if you have a DVD player that will play discs from there. I've heard of all-region players, but I don't have one and have no idea if this is myth or reality.
I have never had luck with a region free dvd player because it was connected to my NTSC (Region 1 television) I do have a portable dvd player that I converted to Region 2 (Europe and it plays some Region 4 Aussie I think dvds.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

MoonMad wrote:If anyone would like to view this online please PM me.

It is available on DVD. In Australia. I have all the BlackJack movies (in two DVD boxed sets) because I love the series. I've not heard of it in any other country however.

And Grace, the region free player is not a myth. You can very easily 'decode' your player with a few simple presses of the remote, incredible as that seems.

So you make your own player region free... or you actually buy a region free???
And may I just add, I do not understand this region specific thing in the first place... they cannot make dvds that play allll over the frikkin world???
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

wpgrace wrote: And may I just add, I do not understand this region specific thing in the first place... they cannot make dvds that play allll over the frikkin world???

It's all about rights. At my company we have the right to distribute some shows in the U.S but another company has foreign rights. If someone could buy a dvd in the U.S and play it easily in the U.K. then it would hinder profits. If you look at your computer dvd drive, mine was purchased in the U.S. I tried to play a Region 2 dvd and it would make the change (five times) after that it would lock me out of Region 1. At least on my windows system I don't know about Mac. It's all about money. I can't complain too much since I make money from these limitations.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

cassysj wrote:I tried to play a Region 2 dvd and it would make the change (five times) after that it would lock me out of Region 1. At least on my windows system I don't know about Mac. It's all about money. I can't complain too much since I make money from these limitations.
It's the same on a Mac.

Muti-region DVD players are available here too.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

I was reminded of this earlier in the week and took the opportunity to watch it again.

Still wonderful, in case you were wondering. :biggrin: :happysigh:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson

Return to “Past Projects”