How to intimidate Ben (PG) - new installment of Ben series

A place for Francis' G to PG-13 stories
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

How to intimidate Ben (PG) - new installment of Ben series

Post by francis »

I did a little story a long time ago for a challenge to write dialogue without any additional information. It's called "How to handle Ben". Mick visited Talbot for a little talk about a little list.
I have written a very short follow-up to that story. Here it is.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

How to intimidate Ben

Good evening. What can I do for you. Wait. You’re Josef Kostan.

Well, yes. How do you know me?

I saw your face in the news when you were attacked and burned to death.

I don’t feel like I’m dead.

Of course. You escaped. How did you manage that?

I’m not here to talk about that. Care if I take a seat?

No, please, sit down. Sorry. Why are you here, then? I guess a hedge fund trader has not much need to visit an assistant DA.

You have been asked to stop investigating something but you still do. I want to negotiate another course of action.

You are talking about the list, right? Did Anders blackmail you too?

No comment. You have been asked to give it up, but I got information that you’ve been checking the background of people on this list. You’re not really good at covering your tracks.

I didn’t plan to.

Ah. You want to lure people out of their holes.

It worked, didn’t it? Hey, did you just growl?

Of course not. Listen, there are a few people on this list who won’t let you get away with meddling in their affairs. I’m trying to save your life here. Stop it or there will be consequences.

What kind of consequences? You’re not trying to threaten me, do you?

I kind of do. If you don’t stop you might find yourself on the wrong end of a gun, or a flamethrower, or a deep, black water. It’s not worth the risk.

Seeing how many waves I made just looking at a few names it seems to be worth it. Ruffling a few feathers is occupational hazard for a D.A. But thank you for your concern.

All right. But don’t say you haven’t been warned. Keep your seat, I’m seeing myself out.
Oh, and Talbot: I’m not sure you would want your superiors to see photos of what you did on Thanksgiving weekend last year.

Wow, wait! You wouldn’t…!

I would. Good night, Talbot.
Last edited by francis on Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenleaf9
Rogue vampire

Re: How to intimidate Ben (PG) - new installment of Ben series

Post by greenleaf9 »

francis, I am astonded that this has no response!! It's great! You really managed to capture both Ben and Josef really well, using nothing but dialogue. :twothumbs: And Josef's dialogue particularly had me :snicker:

I liked it! :flowers:
Banner created by the lovely RedNightBird.

"...The moon's an arrant thief, and her pale fire fire she snatches from the sun..." ~William Shakespeare

Better Safe Than Staked.
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

You do both Ben and Josef justice here. I loved the back and forth between them!! :shrug: Ben should be afraid, very afraid. I love this story and can't wait to see more of it!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :woohoo: :whistle: :gasp: :eek2: :slaphead: :devil: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :hearts: :rose: :highfive:

mitzie :mooncat:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you, greenleaf. Sometimes things get buried. Thank you for bumping this up, and for your praise.

Thanks mitzie. I'm glad you like it. I love your smilie version of what you felt while reading. :twothumbs:
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

ha ha! Josef always has the last word, doesn't he? I could see these two guys practically chesting each other in this piece. Ultimately it would be no contest though. Josef would always win.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
moonjat54
Mortal

Post by moonjat54 »

Okay, I came and decided to do some exploring. Stumbled onto this gem. :hyper2: I do like the way you spin a story even when it is just dialogue. If I were Ben I would be very careful who I investigated further. You caught them well as you usually do. :thumbs:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you for reading and commenting, moonjat. Glad you like it. :flowers:

Return to “Francis' Office”