darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Alex is on Who Mag. 2009 Sexiest People list

Post by darkstarrising »

Too late, but what a way to go!
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

HotMicks wrote:Oh. My.

:gasp: You need more of a warning, JIMS. Really. "Prepare to stop breathing - have oxygen handy" or something...

I take back anything I said about that TV Guide outfit.

:eat:
:angel: Sorry, HotMicks..I tried.. but somethings you just can't prepare for.. .*as JIMS waves a fan over HM's limp body, lying on the floor*
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

allegrita wrote:Oh... *gulp*...

Look, you know I love him for his talent, right?! But then he goes and poses like that, and I'm completely lost in awe of his physical beauty.

So I love him for oh, so many reasons, right? :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh:
LOL, Alle...I think I'm the president of the "Alex is Talented, Too!" section of the fandom (Bob knows I preach it like a sermon sometimes), but I'd be a hypocrite not to acknowledge Alex is indeed a physically beautiful man...like Grace said, he really is just a work of art. :melts:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

allegrita wrote:I must concur with you, Red. Alex should put Rodolfo Martinez on retainer... :melts: :melts: :melts:

So... who knew that his red chest tat in The Invisible was real?!?! I thought it was fake, like the bluebird. Now I must go back and re-examine the shirtless Moonlight pics for evidence of makeup. (A difficult job, but someone has to do it!) :laugh:
Yes, it is a difficult job! I checked around a little bit and found that the location of that tattoo seems to be in shadow alot. I'm depending on you!
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

You are the shallowest bunch of people I've ever had the pleasure to know! :rolling: I'm kidding. The man is talented out the wazoo and we ALL know it. :hearts:

Work of art is indeed correct. I want to marry that photographer (if I can't have Alex, that is. LOL) because THAT is a SPECTACULAR photo. :teeth:

Those boxing glove things are REALLY doin' it for me. :thud:

*sings *Ohhhhh happy trail.... :melts:
*Christy*

darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

the more I looked at this photo (yeah, I know, tough to do), the more I kept thinking it reminded me of something.....

Michelangelo's sculpture of David is a very similar pose, with a very similar build. I was going to post side by side images, but I wasn't sure about posting an image of a statue of a naked man, so here's the link instead to the Wikipedia summary with image.

Wikipedia David

Note that Michelangelo sculpted David as he is getting ready to face Goliath. Note also that Alex is shown with some form of boxing gloves as well. Coincidence? Probably, but it is interesting to note the similarities.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Oh, dsr, I think you might be just a tad behind the 8-ball on this front... :snicker:

The comparisons to David are indeed striking and have been noted before. In fact, I did a "separated at birth" image long ago on MLL... (SAB was a regular feature in now-defunct "Spy" magazine out of NYC).

(with just the right amount of cropping... :whistle: )
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

apparently, I am :blushing: .....the similarities are striking, HM. Thanks for the comparison!!
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Yes, there is a whole lot more to Alex than just his good looks. But lets face it, we are visual creatures and the good looks can be a little difficult to get passed. Okay, sometimes a LOT difficut. The man sure has been blessed. (And now so have we! LOL)
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Yes, let's ponder that for awhile ... :thud:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

GuardianAngel wrote:Yes, there is a whole lot more to Alex than just his good looks. But lets face it, we are visual creatures and the good looks can be a little difficult to get passed. Okay, sometimes a LOT difficut. The man sure has been blessed. (And now so have we! LOL)

Well, to be truthful, I don't think Alex wants us to get PASSED them. His looks I mean. He seems a realist, if nothing else.

He's an actor. In Hollywood. And he IS talented. But if he were not also beautiful, would he have been cast as Mick? Or Andy? Or Stan? And frankly, while there were a lot of toads on The Shield, Kevin was meant to be a rare pretty boy at the Barn. We'd not have seen the talent, if it were not also for the beauty.

There are a lot of talented actors. But in Hollywood, the pretty ones get more opportunities to show their talent. An average-looking guy does an extraordinary thing and they make a movie out of it and cast Brad Pitt. The magazines have Most Sexy lists and Hot lists and Most Beautiful Stars lists and so on. How often do you ever see an issue for Most Average Looking or Best Regular Guys or Most Resembling The Average Housewife?

Alex has both, looks and talent. So you're so right, GA; he is doubly blessed. And I'm pretty sure that's why we like him so much. We appreciate alllllll his gifts.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
lafluffy
Freelance freshie

Post by lafluffy »

grace, With all due respect, the body never made the actor into an award winner. I think chance plays the biggest role. I hope the die is rolled in favour of his acting rather than the beefcake. Looks do matter, but beefcake is a whole other thing, IMO. Stay away from extended beefcake, Alex!
lafluffy, Queen of the Damned Fluffies
........................Image
.......................Fabulous screencap by the ever fabulous lighterthanair.
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

Yes, I'm surprised Alex is doing as much beefcake as he is. I'm not sure I see other stars doing as much. But, to be honest, I don't read those types of magazines so maybe I'm missing stuff. But certainly we don't see Patrick Dempsey and Brad Pitt doing this stuff (they are bigger stars, I know). I know Alex wants to expose himself (to new audiences -- not go nekid - get your mind out of the gutter). I guess when you are so gorgeous it just comes up all the time to do these photoshoots. It must be a total mind trip to get asked to do this stuff. I couldn't even imagine it. When he becomes more established I hope he steers away from these types of shoots. Although BUP will only make it worse, I imagine.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I think Dempsey and Pitt all did this stuff early on when they were still struggling to become wider known. There are such pictures of them, too. It's just that we're not interested in them so we tend to forget.
This is a stage an A-list actor has to go through but I'm sure it will pass. For now, Alex is doing all of this with grace and decorum, and he's not overexposing himself and he's not selling himself out. There is hardly any paparazzi things and sleaze going on, his private life is staying private. And that's how it should be. I always guessed that when the tabloids are all over Britney or Orlando Bloom, it's because their publicist is pushing it or they are faking it to be in the limelight. It's always those who need work and who's star is falling that are in the tabloids, or those with blatantly obvious personal problems that they fail to keep behind closed doors.
Johnny Depp for example is someone who is very private, keeps his kids out of the mags and once in a while allows photogs and interviews to get a little tidbit just to keep them amused. It works for him, and it certainly works for Alex. To me it seems Alex is more open about private things in Aussie papers, but he never crossed the line to TMI. :twothumbs:
MoonMad
Fledgling

Post by MoonMad »

There are lots of well known actors and sportspeople in the Who magazine's 'Sexiest' list, all of whom are photographed in striking or sexy poses. This doesn't diminish Alex one bit, and I have no doubt he's grateful for the exposure this brings him, to people who might otherwise not see his work. He's hardly in a position to be turning up his nose at this kind of publicity. Is Alex capitalising on his sexy image? Sure he is, but it's hardly the same as being paid to do a salacious spread in a magazine, and it's no worse than working out for the camera in character as Mick, or lying naked in a freezer. It's just a part of the job. And yes, Brad Pitt does do it, and Patrick Dempsey probably isn't asked to take his shirt off - they're dazzled by his hair :snicker: . If being selected as sexiest TV guy or whatever gets him the chance to read a good script that happens to call for a sexy, athletic guy, then what's wrong with that?

Return to “Pictures of Alex”