Alex is on Who Mag. 2009 Sexiest People list

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Alex is on Who Mag. 2009 Sexiest People list

Post by wpgrace »

lafluffy wrote:grace, With all due respect, the body never made the actor into an award winner. I think chance plays the biggest role. I hope the die is rolled in favour of his acting rather than the beefcake. Looks do matter, but beefcake is a whole other thing, IMO. Stay away from extended beefcake, Alex!

No, but looks get actors the role, and that was my point. As I said, how many real-life stories get made into movies, or tv movies, and the ordinary, geeky looking guy, or woman, gets played by Brad Pitt, or Matt Damon, or Julia Roberts or some other gorgeous person? It's so common that it's actually a long-standing joke. If the role requires an ordinary or geeky look, they just slap glasses and badly-hemmed pants on the beautiful actor.

Or look at television series and then look at your own office. How many hospitals have YOU been into where they have so many doctors as attractive as those on 3R? Or how many law firms have you visited where you have so many pretty folks, and so incredibly well-dressed, as at The Good Wife's office? Or good lord, how many gorgeous CSI agents have any of us ever seen? Even the lab folks are incredible on these shows.

If the actor, who gets the role for looks and talent (cause there's usually some measure of talent, unless we're talking Caruso, and I think he just has incriminating photos of someone powerful... how else to explain THAT career??) ends up being extraordinarily talented, then yeah, it's the acting, not the looks, that lead to an Oscar. But in order to be up for any of those talent awards, you first gotta get cast in the part.

And francis is right, once an actor has made it, they have more freedom to take roles that don't emphasize their looks. But do recall, Brad Pitt recently played Achilles. And he was voted People's Most Sexy Human a couple times earlier on... he posed for those pictures as Alex is doing now.

And this latest magazine, yeah, Alex is posing for a SEXY stars issue. So sexiness is the focus of the edition. He doesn't go around doing that all the time. Andy Yablonski is normally right covered up. And lately Alex has been wearing scarves and vests and all manner of extra clothing at this own personal appearances. I think he's got a clue.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Hell yeah on the Caruso - his success is an ongoing mystery.

Re Alex, he's got it all and there IS luck involved in making it to the top so I trust that he's pursuing the options and avenues that give him the best chances. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. We get to see the talent and we get to see the gorgeousness. And yeah, call me shallow ("You're shallow!!") but there's something criminal about keeping that body covered up 100% of the time.

Now I'm toddling back to the first page of this thread...

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

While I've been *admiring* all these lovely photos, both in this thread and others, I have to agree with red and grace. The man is simply beautiful. Why shouldn't he take advantage of an asset that will likely further his career?

If he were merely a pretty face, with no acting capability, his career will be short lived as his looks begin to fade. But we've seen his capabilities in roles beyond those of Mick and Andy that most people are familiar with. When you watch Michael Carter, you know you're watching a psycho-path, especially when he demonstrates to Phil what it means to have power. When you watch Will Bryant, you see a man who projects an air of confidence, but who deep down is very much afraid.

Alex is 33, and with Hollywood fixated on the young and beautiful, he's using all his talents and assets to solidify his career.

Have at it, Alex. We appreciate your efforts.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

Have to agree with all that has been said. Alex is clearly proud of the work and effort it takes to keep his body in shape and he doesn't mind showing it off..and using that to his advantage. He is at the top of his game right now physically..he needs every edge he can get to make it in the business. All this exposure is wise marketing. We may not like to think of Alex as a "commodity" but, in Hollyweird, that is exactly what he is..he needs to sell himself as much for his future as for CBS's recent investment in him. Any publicity is good publicity!!

I admire and appreciate Alex's acting ability as much as anyone..but..be honest..if the man posed for Playgirl, we'd all be rushing to the newsstands..and not just for the accompanying article.. :giggle:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Josefismysire wrote:Have to agree with all that has been said. Alex is clearly proud of the work and effort it takes to keep his body in shape and he doesn't mind showing it off..and using that to his advantage. He is at the top of his game right now physically..he needs every edge he can get to make it in the business. All this exposure is wise marketing. We may not like to think of Alex as a "commodity" but, in Hollyweird, that is exactly what he is..he needs to sell himself as much for his future as for CBS's recent investment in him. Any publicity is good publicity!!

I admire and appreciate Alex's acting ability as much as anyone..but..be honest..if the man posed for Playgirl, we'd all be rushing to the newsstands..and not just for the accompanying article.. :giggle:
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Yeah, we would :devil:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Josefismysire wrote:but..be honest..if the man posed for Playgirl, we'd all be rushing to the newsstands..and not just for the accompanying article.. :giggle:
Actually that's where I draw my line. Just as I can rant for hours about Playboy and its objectification of women, I can do the same about Playgirl. There IS a difference to me between publicity (and admiration :happysigh: ) and exploitation. Magazines like that exploit and I couldn't see Alex having anything to do with them. If he did, I'd pass.

Red

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

redwinter101 wrote:Hell yeah on the Caruso - his success is an ongoing mystery.

Now I'm toddling back to the first page of this thread...

Red
I'm tellin' ya... he's got the goods on SOMEBODY at CBS... cause he surely doesn't have the goods otherwise... :biggrin:

And SOOOOOOOO walking with ya back to page one... I'll be Louis to your Rick... cause you are far more suave and clever than I but I reel off a good line or two from time to time... :rolling:

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Of all the gin joints...

coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

YUM! :thud:

That has to be one of the most beautiful pics of Alex I've ever seen. :happysigh:

Thanks, JIMS & ozbella. :flowers:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

redwinter101 wrote:Of all the gin joints...

Oh! You didn't tell me there was gin! I am so in! :smooch:

r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Something to think about...

Do you suppose there will eventually be other shots from this photo shoot like there were from the TV Guide shoot?

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

r1015bill wrote:Something to think about...

Do you suppose there will eventually be other shots from this photo shoot like there were from the TV Guide shoot?

One can only hope. There will certainly have been more pics taken it's just a case of if/when they turn up. I've been religiously checking Rodolfo Martinez's site since the first set of TV Guide pics showed up, but so far, nothing.

We will live in hope...

Red

HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Wow, Red, thanks for doing our homework for us!

And I just wanted to stop by here to fortify myself since I have to go deal with car salesmen today. :puke: Talk about vampires.... (and no offense to anyone who is or is partnered with one of these creatures, I'm sure you're one of the good ones - but really, sooooo many are just :dracula: - they drain the life right out of you ... and I say this to my cousin's face, who is one). I've spent four days trying to get several of them to bid through email, but they just do their darndest to get you to cough up your phone number. Somehow they still think they can charm you into being stupid. Snake oil keeps coming to mind...

So before you mod me... how does this tie in to the sexiest people list? Well, I was thinking what a shame it is that there aren't more female car salespeople (thus my gender-specific use of "salesmen" above)... because all I would have to do while negotiating the final price would be to say, "I want to pay $1 for this vehicle" while flashing this Who Mag photo at her ... and we would have a deal, sign here. No question. That's how powerful this pic is! :rolling:

I think Mr. Smartypants knows exactly what he's doing. And what he does to us. :melts:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
starbucksjunkie
Logan's WoW nemesis
Location: Home drinking my own Starbucks and watching my DVDs. There's a recession on!

Post by starbucksjunkie »

redwinter101 wrote:
r1015bill wrote:Something to think about...

One can only hope. There will certainly have been more pics taken it's just a case of if/when they turn up. I've been religiously checking Rodolfo Martinez's site since the first set of TV Guide pics showed up, but so far, nothing.

We will live in hope...

Red
Y'all said Alex needs to keep Rodolpho on the payroll.

Actually, I think WE need to keep him on the payroll . . . :giggle:

And to put in my two cents, anybody remember what REALLY put Jerry Butler on the map?

This.

:giggle:

"There is a degree to which . . . all literature, highbrow or low, from the Aeneid onward, is fan fiction . . . retelling and reimagining the stories that were told before us and that we have come of age loving--amateurs--we proceed, seeking out the blank places in the map that our favorite writers . . . have left for us . . ." -- Michael Chabon, Maps and Legends
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Good point, sbj... :mdrama:

And Red, your religious devotions are saintly and inspiring.. DO post if you find your (our) grail... :angel:

Return to “Pictures of Alex”