Passing the Torch (Mick/Beth) PG-13

LadyAilith
Fledgling

Re: Passing the Torch (Mick/Beth) PG-13

Post by LadyAilith »

r1015bill wrote:I read this a long time ago as a new member who was too timid to comment. Now that it has popped up again, I want to say that I really enjoyed it. What if Beth had never met Mick? It's definitely a likely possibility assuming that Tejada hadn't still happened.

It was my take that Beth did know that Mick was her guardian angel but didn't want to scare him off by letting him know that she knew. She gave out a little too much detail for her not to have known, IMO.
I, too, think that she knew it was him. Now, it was pure serendipity that they were on the bus together (or not...), but I'm so very glad that they had an opportunity to speak. Maybe Mick will finally find the love he deserves with her granddaughter. I can't imagine living in the shadows for that long...
LadyAilith :rose:
Kara
Fledgling

Post by Kara »

Doesn't matter how many times I read this, I cry every time. :sadface:

Thanks again. :rose:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

My first time reading this, Lucky. Don't know how I missed it before. I had to wipe my eyes at the end. I thought it was sad, in a "look what they denied each other" kind of way. But OZ's comment got me thinking of it another way.
one.zebra wrote:Nice, Lucky.

I really didn't find this sad....Beth had a good life with steady Josh and the joys of motherhood...and Mick? Well, he chose not to make peace with the vampire, or let Beth know him. He got the 'life' he wanted too.

Beth leaves him with a new assignment, so he has another chance to make a new life.
But it was still a little sad. I think Beth might have known who Mick was, and was telling him she knew, even if she couldn't explain how Mick was still young after all this time. And when she asked him to please look after her daughter...wow, that just really pulled at the heartstrings. :hearts:

What a wonderful one shot!
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Thnks, MLC! Just shows, you never know what you'll find delving into a fic office around here! :snicker:

Glad you enjoyed this one!
Lucky
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

:flowers: Ι ΑΜ back..lucky you, that I don't comment every single time I read this one. And that is just because I just find it hard to type..

I find this story sad, not happy... Beth could have had the love of a lifetime and she had to spend her life with Josh..kids and grandkids came, but that does not change that fact, you just don't give up Romeo to have kids!!Or do you? :chin:
And, why should Mick give Elizabeth the chance he never gave Beth? He was in love with Beth and still kept his distance...she may look or act like Beth , but she isn't his Beth, can he be more than a guardian angel for her...a very real boyfriend, a lover? I really don't think so...

Beth's final words and Mick's behind her back...a knife through my heart always...Did Beth hear him? I so wish she did..

Lucky, I will always come back..that is a promise :flowers:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

:hankie: I do feel sad after reading this story. Sure, Beth has had a (presumably) happy life. That's great for her, and for Josh. Yet I can't help but think of Mick, "hiding in the shadows," watching Beth live her life. He saw her marry, have children, grow old... all things that he would have liked to have done. :Mickangel: Maybe Mick will have a second chance with Elizabeth. :fingerscrossed:

My favourite lines:
He’d never been able to convince Josef, but for him, that sort of empty exchange had been like white noise, background static when he longed for music.
:notworthy:
“Maybe I never spoke,” he murmured to her retreating back, “but I always loved you.”
:happysigh:

Thanks, Lucky! :rose:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Glad this popped back up on Active Topics so I could read it again.

This Mick and Beth never met at the fountain.

Mick did the reasonable, logical thing and kept his feet planted firmly in the world of the vampires. I'm sure Josef was proud. Tejada never cut Josh's life tragically short and she had her mortal happily ever after, such as it was.

But sometimes wisdom comes from deep inside and she brushed up against it here, and guided her guardian angel to a second chance to step out of the shadows.

I hope he takes it!

Thank you, Lucky!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

librarian_7 wrote:The young man nodded, amused understanding written on his face. “I’ll bet you gave him a wild ride.”

The blonde hair might have faded, her figure grown stooped and blurred with age, but her smile hadn’t really changed, over all those years, or the mischievous twinkle in her bright blue eyes. “Oh, I did. But somehow, I don’t think he ever gave up on me.”
So that you know...I always start crying right here...and I don't stop for long after he admits he has always loved her...and I am still crying now. This story breaks my heart Every.Time.

:rose:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

I'm happy that in this reality, Josh lived a full life. Beth was well loved and had many good years...without Mick.

Doesn't seem right somehow.

How sad for him, remaining in the shadows, forever on the periphery of her world. Always an observer...never a participant.

I hope he steps out of the shadows now.

Thank you!
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

.. like white noise, background static when he longed for music...
This sounds so unfair!! Fifty long years that they could have been together in love..and all this time Mick has had nothing but watching Beth from afar living her human life with someone else...

I had a crazy thought today...Imagine how Elisabeth is going to feel if Mick became her guardian angel and revealed himself to her..and told her he had been in love with her granny for all those years..Sounds more difficult, dangerous and complicated!!

This is one amazing piece of writing!

ETA...this story is so precious! It ''speaks '' to me even after I am over reading it..The little things I notice every single time!! Mick speaks so few words in this story but the last fifty years of his life painfully come to the mind of the reader! And Beth ,she seems to know, really know he is her guardian angel, how come she didn't investigate, how come she let him slip from her hands?

My precious!! :rose: :rose:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

:bump: Just because it is one of my most loved stories ever!!
-It never ends well...
-Never?
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

I knew I had read this before and I told myself I wouldn't tear up, but I was wiping my cheeks at the end. :hankie:

I still believe Beth knew, somehow, that Mick was the one who had been watching over her and I loved how she says she doesn't need him anymore, but to please keep watch over her granddaughter. :happysigh:

But I wonder... all those years in the shadows...why did Mick decide to board the bus that day and get so close to her that she would speak to him?? :chin:

What a lovely reread! :hug:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
BlueEyedMonster
Fledgling

Post by BlueEyedMonster »

Great story (as usual) and a little sad.

Yes Beth had her human life and her children and was happy but somehow I feel she missed real passion. Would Mick be her grand daughters guardian angel? I think he would do for his Beth. Still in the shadows.

From the beginning of ML I always thought Beth wanted to live on the edge she would never settle for boring or mundane she wanted passion and excitement. She found it in Mick. Even if Mick had never come along I don't believe Josh & Beth were a long term couple he was just too straight laced and boring. Too routine.

Sorry went off on a little tangent there .... so in short loved this story so much!
diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

I read this a long time but it is so emotional reading it again! What a gem! Thank you so much for this! :flowers:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Lucky,
If for whatever reason at some point in life I should have only one piece of Moonlight with me, I think this would be the story I'd keep....
-It never ends well...
-Never?

Return to “Mick and Beth”