Passing the Torch (Mick/Beth) PG-13

wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Re: Passing the Torch (Mick/Beth) PG-13

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

Wonderful story, Lucky. And one, I think, more plausible. Mick watching from the shadows for years, that just seems like the angtsy Mick I read about all over the fanfic here. :heart:
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
AussieJo
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by AussieJo »

Lovely.....
Dare we hope that you do something with the possibilities it conjers up?
Please Miss..... :curtesy:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

AH! Bittersweet, Lucky. I think this is fully what Mick was intending and then, that one night at the fountain, he just couldn't stop himself. HE may go on to watch over Miss LIndsay, but it would not be the same. Her touch wouldn't burn like Beth's did. The connection wouldn't be the same. Not to say, he couldn't find happiness there, if he'd cross over as he did at the fountain. But the connection would be different.

But MIck is tough enough to have done this. I'm glad he didn't tho.

Nice addition to your many poignant MB stories! :thumbs:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

This is just beautiful, sad and redeeming for Mick. The things Beth said to him on the bus made a real impact on him and will guide his future. Your writing is, as always, exquisite!!!! :hankie: :chin: :seesaw: :juggle: :rainbow: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :hyper2: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :heart: :flowers: :notworthy: :worship: :wings:

mitzie :mooncat:
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

Hmm, I'm both happy and sad. I'm happy for Beth because she seems to have had a wonderful life, but for Mick to be on the fringes of her life just seems terrible. But maybe I will take comfort in the fact that that's what he ultimately would want for her, but still -- it's gotta be tough. Especially knowing she married Chicken Josh. But then again, she's got a great son and a spitfire granddaughter to worry and fuss over, so who knows? Still, my initial reaction is :hankie: I do like that Beth let Mick know she knew who he was and gave him that nudge to move on. :sigh: :hankie:
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Lucky, this was an amazing story. Does Beth really know more than she is letting on?

Would Mick follow her recommendation and contact that granddaughter?

Quite wonderful!

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Well, sometimes I just get these odd little AU ideas....and follow where they lead. I actually wrote most of this story once, and decided I just didn't like how it was going. I think this second attempt came out considerably better.

Thanks for the read, jen!

Lucky
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Oh, that was unbelievably wonderful from the first line to the last.. I just want to lock myself up somewhere and keep crying...
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

ah, maggatha, thank you! And welcome to my office...there's rather a lot here. I hope you'll find many other tales to enjoy!

Lucky
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I'm glad this one got bubbled up to Active Topics. It's a perfect story for the mood I'm in today... a little nostalgic, a little sad, a little hopeful.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Lucky

Just reread this story of endings and beginnings, and I confess I shed a tear or two for all the love they missed. Beth had her happy life, and I'm surprised that her son is named Joshua, but I'll bet his middle name is Elliott.

Apparently, her Guardian Angel has been on her mind quite a bit to have it bubble out in conversation with a stranger on the bus, but all things considered, she seems content.

Her directing her Guardian Angel toward her granddaughter makes me wonder if she doesn't intuitively know more than we think.

Anyway, thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Oh, Lucky,I have read this story so many times..so many nights....damn Mick and his decency...I always end up crying for what could have been...for his endless loneliness...for her human life that should seem great,yet seems incomplete...damn those tears.. I can hardly type.
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Ah, maggatha, I never know whether to be pleased or sad if someone cries over one of my stories (and I'll hasten to point out--they aren't all sad!). That being said, I'm so glad you have come back to this one, as it makes me feel very happy whenever any of my stories are read...

And jen, I dunno. I'd pity a kid named Joshua Elliott Lindsay, as those JEL initials would surely be the source of endless snide nicknames. I'd hate to see him called "Jello" all through his childhood, because his parents gave him a bad sequence of names!

Lucky
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I read this a long time ago as a new member who was too timid to comment. Now that it has popped up again, I want to say that I really enjoyed it. What if Beth had never met Mick? It's definitely a likely possibility assuming that Tejada hadn't still happened.

It was my take that Beth did know that Mick was her guardian angel but didn't want to scare him off by letting him know that she knew. She gave out a little too much detail for her not to have known, IMO.
tucutecats
Fledgling

Post by tucutecats »

As always a great story,I can see this happening Now Mick has a second chace to get it right, I have missed you Lucky,any chance of Joseph story anytime soon Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Return to “Mick and Beth”