Sam's Choice --related to "La Posada" (J/OC slash) PG-13

eris
Sire

Re: Sam's Choice --related to "La Posada" (J/OC slash) PG-13

Post by eris »

Those scars make me wonder exactly what Melissa had planned for Sam when his time as a freshie was up. She had to know that so many scars would be seen by anyone he was intimate with, and that such damage would demand an explanation. Did she expect him to lie for her... or was Sam closer to right - was she planning on throwing him away when she was done with him?

(And I'd still like to see the others freshies' reactions to Sam ;) Hazing is a sign of affection, you know.)
one.zebra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by one.zebra »

Lucky, thank you for bring us more of Sam. He's growing on me....

'Somehow, in this dangerous place, with this deadly being, he had found a haven in the darkness.'

Lucky saw something in him and now Josef does too. Nice.

Of course, you know we'll not be satisfied with just this little tidbit....I don't want to marry you like Em does, but do want more of J&S.

Hey, not my fault you write well, lol.

Mary
Banner and avatar by Twilightdew!

Travelling 33rpm in an iPod world
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

I almost missed this story, so thank goodness I didn't! I loved how you brought Sam into this situation and allowed us this glimpse "behind closed doors" as they say. It was interesting to see how Sam and Josef responded to each other. You presented the situation in an erotic manner without being "blatant." I liked that. The undercurrents are what make this particular pairing interesting.
“She made you beautiful, Sam,” he whispered.
I loved this line!

I'm curious to see what becomes of Sam, if you ever choose to go into more detail with him. I was unsure of him at first, but see him in a different light in many ways now because of La Posada and this piece.

Great job, Lucky! :mrgreen:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Lucky,
This is just amazing!
librarian_7 wrote: He’d seen the boy once, tousled with sleep, but then his own anger at the human’s presumptuousness had clouded his objectivity. Now, what he saw before him was a prime human, perhaps an inch or two below his own height, of slender but solid build. His dark gold hair was pleasingly sun-streaked, a little long, curling softly around his neck and threatening to spill down over his eyes. The face was almost pretty: wide-set blue eyes and a generous mouth. He was so freshly shaved that Josef caught a strong scent of the shaving cream over the boy’s obvious nervousness.
I love this description. Sam is now in perfect focus.
librarian_7 wrote: “Take off your shirt, Sam.”

The young man raised his hands to the buttons of his shirt, then hesitated, looking up at Josef. The vampire raised his eyebrows at the implied hesitation, and gave a bare nod. Sam bowed his head to look at his fingers, fumbling with the buttons, as Josef stared at him. Sam’s hands shook as he pulled the tails of his shirt from his pants, and undid the last button.

He paused, gathering the courage to slide the shirt off his shoulders, but the choice was taken away, as cool fingers parted the edges of the garment, easing it back off his chest. He shivered, and the shirt fell to his elbows, the skin of his torso almost fully exposed.

“Relax,” Josef said. “Let it drop.” His eyes were growing warmer, more intense than Sam would have believed. The boy turned his head away, blond hair falling into his eyes, but it did little to hide him, and he knew it.
OMG! This is exquisite! The tension is unbelievable. The complex mix of emotions conveyed would have been beyond words for anyone else.
librarian_7 wrote: Sam looked up through the strands of his hair, his blue eyes glittering with tears, his mouth twisted. “I loved her, and she ruined me. And threw me away.”
Arrgh! You're breaking my heart!

librarian_7 wrote: “Yes, sir—“ Sam paused and smiled for the first time, shyly. Josef marveled at the difference in his face. The boy could be damned appealing. He’d only meant for this to be a taste, a ritual submission of the freshie to the vampire who held his contract, but this was stirring him unexpectedly. The velvet of the boy’s skin, crossed with the satin ribbons of his scars, drew Josef’s fingers to move steadily, the warmth of it like a drug to him.
Again with the descriptions. Velvet and satin, how perfect. Scars really do feel so much smoother than the surrounding skin. Well done.
librarian_7 wrote: As the fangs slid into his skin, seeking the vein, the blood that would bind him to this vampire, Sam arched his body against Josef, crying out with the welcome white hot pain of entry. This was familiar, this was home for him, and he pressed closer, seeking to feel the flood of his blood into Josef’s seeking mouth. Sensation fell over him like a curtain of warm rain, his hands clawing at Josef’s back with the rawness of the experience. His world narrowed to awareness of Josef’s lips on his throat, and he cried out with the pain of loss when it left him, too soon. Still straining against the vampire, he felt the lips replaced with the slow steady strokes of Josef’s tongue, cleaning and sealing the wounds, soothing his racing pulse back to normal. The cold arms around him never slackened their hold, and if he felt his head spin, he had no fear of falling.
Maybe Sam isn't falling, but I am.
librarian_7 wrote: “Was it acceptable, sir?” Sam asked, the title of respect tasting like a term of affection in his mouth.
Delicious!

What an amazing treat in such an unexpected story. You call yourself Lucky, but we're the one's who are.
Just keep writing.
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

I'm so glad to have found you, Lucky..and to be back in La Posada territory...I have missed it..it feels like coming home!

Brilliant detour, Lucky. I'm sure a bite of testosterone once in awhile is just the jolt Josef needs...lovely! ;)
Jinian
Kostan Industries intern

Post by Jinian »

Wow, was this sensual!

Josef is always so graceful, especially in these feeding scenes. It's really quite hypnotic to read. This story involving Sam had an extra dynamic that I hadn't witnessed before, perhaps because I have not read very much Slash, but also perhaps because I haven't read about any male freshies before! I am totally intrigued by that dynamic, I hope there will be more of Sam. It's heartbreaking to read about all those scars, but I'm certainly glad that Sam seems to be in much better hands now.

Also, I'm curious about how Lucky feels about Sam being Josef's new "employee". I thought they had shared some kind of intimate moment back at the Posada, that there were some real feelings emerging? If that is so, then mightn't Josef be more than a bit concerned that Sam will step beyond his bounds with Lucky again? (no doubt, committing suicide if Sam did so! as Josef would not like that at all) Do you think Josef would be jealous of Sam, or worried about merely having another male presence in his house? A more interesting thought is, do you think it's possible for Lucky to be jealous of Sam???

Well, I'll speculate that if there are no real feelings between Lucky and Sam, then perhaps Sam's emotions were more of a reaction to his current caged life as an unhappy freshie? Perhaps he was looking for and found a kindred spirit in Lucky back at the Posada, but more importantly for the first time he was faced with a possibility of a life different from the one he lead, the chance for something better. Maybe that is what Lucky represented to him. It's cool to see that Sam was finally granted a choice, thanks to Josef. Well, thanks to Lucky, actually! She asked Josef to save him, right?
clair
Rogue vampire

Post by clair »

This was really a good fic. Liked it a lot. I like that Sam is with Josef, some who will treat him well.

Good story....
ImageImageImage
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Thanks, Jinian, Clair, for your thoughtful comments.

I think Lucky might be somewhat worried about Sam's presence in Josef's house, but as is fairly clear from the end of La Posada, he is not going to be a regular resident there....

Also, there is another Freshie Sam story started, "Management Training" which is in my R office...I should warn you that it takes the dom/sub dynamic which is developing between Josef and Sam and carries it quite a bit further. (Still not what I'd call graphic slash, by any means, but it is a bit more "out there.")

And I think the relationship between Lucky and Sam, just as the relationships between either of them and Josef, is a complicated thing. Are Sam's feelings for Lucky real? I'm not sure if he knows yet.

Lucky
Penina Spinka
Freelance freshie

Post by Penina Spinka »

I'm very glad I had time to dip into this beautiful story today, Lucky. You know how I love sensuous young men named Sam and want them to be happy with their vamps. Josef was different with Sam than he is with his females, but in a good way. He gave Sam back his self-respect and value. I wonder what else you're going to have Sam involved in. Follow that muse.
Read Sam stories by Penina My index: http://www.moonlightaholics.com/viewforum.php?f=560
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

This is just the story i needed today to detract me from my RL. Thanks....and I am off now to find the one you mentioned above...I have become quite fond of Sam... Awesome writing Lucky!!!

Wonderful banner by Redwinter101, Avatar by Jen.
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

Hi Lucky, :wave:

As you know, the reason I joined this site was to read more of your work. I've read a few of your pieces, but the forum distracted me. :blushing: :snicker:

I looked at your index, and this is the first Freshie Fic story I hadn't read. I really enjoyed reading this piece. It was good to see more of Sam. The interaction between Josef and Sam is absolutely fascinating! I liked the sense of intimacy, closeness, and sensuality that this piece provided. It will be interesting to see where this relationship goes. :flowers:

Thank you for all the stories you have given us. I love each and every one. Your characters and plots are amazing, and so well-described. When I read your stories, I feel as though I am watching a Moonlight spinoff show. I look forward to working my way through the rest of your index!

:hearts:
Marigold
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I'm very glad you're finding a home here in the forum! We're happy to have you around.

And no worries...I know my office is pretty large. On the bright side, it's here to stay, and there's no hurry. It always pleases me greatly when I see older stories, like this one, bumped. I don't write much slash, but this one just needed to be told. (There's more about Sam, btw, in a story called Management Training. But you'll get there eventually!)

You are very welcome--with Moonlight, I found a reason to begin writing fiction again after many years of silence, and it still inspires me. Even so long after our beloved show went off the air, ideas about Josef, and Mick, and Beth, and Coraline, and all the others, are coming to me regularly. It's my pleasure to write these stories, and knowing that other fans enjoy them, just makes it better.

Lucky

Return to “La Posada”