The Proposal PG-13 vignette

A place for cassysj's G to PG-13 stories
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

The Proposal PG-13 vignette

Post by cassysj »

I wrote this for Guess The Author on MLAB.

I do not own any recognizable characters no copyright infringement is intended.

Josef Kostan never thought he’d fall for a human but Sarah Whitley took him by surprise. He loved everything about her from her fiery red hair to her lyrical laugh. He had thoughts about forever but he wasn’t sure he could actually “kill” Sarah even if it gave her immortality.

He thought they could enjoy a couple of years of courtship before the marriage pressure began and then another year of engagement. That was until last night.

Last night Sarah asked him all the questions that led to only one answer.

"Why don’t you ever eat?"

"Why is your skin so cool?"

"Why do you hate the sun?

"Charles there are myths about people like that. Are they true?"

He couldn’t lie to her. He admitted it to her and he had a small glimmer of hope. Since she knew the truth maybe she would marry him. They would have to move away because in fifteen years she would start to look like his older sister then eventually his mother and grandmother. But they could have a happy life for a while. He’d even adopt a little auburn haired baby for her maternal instincts but they could have 50 or 60 years.

He proposed marriage to Sarah. She proposed he turn her into a vampire.

He never should have accepted her proposal.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: The Proposal PG-13 vignette

Post by francis »

Oh, this is good. Painful, but good. So much emotion in so few words. And I like the word play on "proposal".
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Aww... :hankie: This is lovely. You do so much with such a little story!

I get the feeling that Sarah was pretty irresistible when she put her mind to something. And one of the things I liked most about Sleeping Beauty was that, as obviously sad as Josef was about what had happened, he never said he was sorry he tried. Josef doesn't do regrets, but I'm sure that somewhere deep down, he does imagine what life would have been like had he resisted Sarah's pleading, and insisted that she stay human.

But that scenario has its own share of heartaches... :hankie: :hankie: :hankie:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

francis - I think it was as emotional as a "marriage proposal" for Sarah to convince Josef to turn her. Unfortunately for them it didn't turn out like they planned.

Alle - You're right. If he had insisted Sarah remain human she'd be 75 now and he'd appear to all the world like a loving grandson. Sarah would have had to deal with all the changes she would go through with getting older while he was forever young. Josef would have to start getting ready to lose her now. Instead of a year of perfect memories he'd be laying to rest fifty plus years and probably wonder if he should have turned her when she was a girl.

Return to “cassysj's Office”