Warrior Within PG-13

A place for JosefsRose's G to PG-13 stories
JosefsRose
Freelance freshie

Warrior Within PG-13

Post by JosefsRose »

Rating- PG-13 for low level violence and intimated slash
Pairing- Josef/Mick
Disclaimer- I don't own them, or make any money from them.
A/N this was an entry in the guess the author game over on Moonlight and Beyond.

Please let me know what you think, and feed the muse. Thanks.

Warrior Within

The dust made me choke as I drove across the dusty plains. Wishing I had the top up on the car. I had to ask myself, why was I doing this? Truth was I had no answer. For the last week I had been happily carrying on my life, until he came into my office. There was something on his face, in his body posture, a warning. To which I should have said no. But there is something about him, I can’t say no. I thought back on that fateful day.

“Mick, what draws you to my office today. I thought you would have been with Beth. How is Buzzwire?” It was then I caught his body language. He was tense, agitated and worried. At first he said nothing, he just went to my bar and poured himself a large scotch. After downing it, he finally spoke. “Beth’s fine Josef. It’s me I’m worried about.” I had the graciousness to look confused, thinking he was worried about having sex with Beth. He still had his doubts about biting her. I had tried my best to put his mind at ease. He poured himself another drink, then held a glass in an invitation. I just nodded. It was clear to me he was stealing himself to tell me what was on his mind.

“Mick, I thought we had the sex with Buzzwire sorted. You can’t still be having doubts. She loves you man, and you love her.” I strode across the room to is side taking the glass from his had. Sipping the fine malt whisky. Savouring the taste. “This has nothing to do with Beth, Josef.” He stopped again, running his hand distractedly through his wavy brown hair. His blue grey eyes never stopping moving, as they looked everywhere that at me. When they finally pause I held his gaze, “What is Mick? If it’s not Beth then what is it that’s got you so riled?” I was concerned for my brother. He started to shift from foot to foot.

He turned his back on me, never a good sign with him. What ever it was had him rattled. “We don’t dream right?” I didn’t answer him it didn’t need one. “Well I have had some very strange dreams.” I was going to reiterate the point, but stayed silent. Placing a hand gently on his arm to lead him to one of the chairs. He sat his body seeming small in the chair, his shoulders hunched, his spine curved, head down. He appeared tired and defeated. “So tell me.” I spoke softly, my hand now resting on his.

“It started a few nights ago. We were listening to Native American music. Beth was finishing a story for work and as part of her research she downloaded some music. She was snuggled against me and fell asleep. Not long after I fell asleep too. It was then I had the first dream. A warrior came at me, chanting. I woke up fast. Knocking Beth to the floor. I couldn’t explain it to her, Man.” Again his hand ran through his hair. There was a hunted look in his eyes. “I’ve had similar dreams for the last three nights. Each time a warrior approaches me, the music of the drums in the back ground. He carries a stone tomahawk, with eagle feathers attached to it. I just need you to tell me…. I don’t know any thing. Has this ever happened before?” I stood and walked behind him, I rested my hand on his shoulder and gave a squeeze. Something flashed through me, and maybe he sensed it I don’t know.

I pulled away from him before I spoke. “Buddy I don’t know what to say. Honestly I haven’t heard of anything like this before. We don’t dream Mick. It’s a fact, part of what we are.” I know it wasn’t the answer he was looking for. He rose and crossed to the door. His sad face seem even more drawn now. It’s that face I see now as I drive, a bump in the dirt road bringing me back to the moment. This morning I got a message from Beth, ‘Mick needs you. Indian reservation south of LV.’

So here I am, driving in my favourite car down a road that is barely fit for tractors, let alone the finest Italian engineering. I slow the car as I reach the gate post that show I have arrived within the reservation lands. I continue on, till I see Mick’s car. Pulling along side I stop and view my surroundings. The sun set about an hour ago, but the last vestiges of light colour the horizon. In the distance I can see a collection of what look to be tents. I walk at a brisk pace towards them. As I close I can see now they are traditional tee pees. There is no sound from any of them, no heart beat and no Mick. Again I look about and just see the low mound a short distance away. I head towards it, the sound of tribal drums hammering in my ears. The smell of a wood fire and smoke emanating from it. Now as I reach the mound I see it iis a lodge, covered with hides, a secure covering effectively hiding what was inside. I instinctively know Mick is inside. I search for an entrance but find none. I am about to rip an opening when a flap lifts and the inside is revealed. Tentatively I approach, wary of what I will find within. I step in and the flap is closed behind me, by a loin clothed male. His long dark hair plastered to his back by sweat. The heat in the lodge is stifling. Too hot to be comfortable for a vamp. The air is dense with smoke, I can’t clearly discern the figures on the other side. A voice speaks clearly to me. “Welcome traveller, please sit.” I feel no compulsion to do as asked , but Beth had asked me to come for Mick. Glancing about me I see a woven blanket on the floor. I lower myself down, sitting with my legs outstretched, and crossed at the ankles. “Why do you come here traveller?” The heat and smoke is getting to me, my head feels light. I take a pause before replying. “I came to find my brother Mick. I was told he was here.” I loosen my tie, and remove my jacket. Now the chant and drums start again, the beat following that of a human heart, a steady rhythm. My head spins and I close my eyes to try and focus. Instead I see images, warriors painted and ready for battle. I open my eyes and the warriors are in front of me. The voice rises again. “Tell me your vision quest traveller, What did you see?”

I am breathing rapidly, even though I know I don’t need to breathe. Sweat soaks my shirt to my body, and I remove it along with my tie. At some point I had kicked off my shoes and sat cross legged. My eyes are silvery and glazed as I speak. “I saw warriors readying for a great battle. They were painted and danced to the drum beat of their own hearts.” The smoke suddenly cleared as if it had never been there. I saw him, his body glistening with sweat, sitting opposite me. His eyes solely focused on me. The owner of the voice in the smoke rose and passed next to me. “There is a war coming, and all warriors are to be called. Your own warrior has heard the call, but there is another battle for you to fight.” Then he was gone. There were no heart beats, no drums nothing. Just Mick and I. Smoke once more filled the room, and in the murk, a shadow approached me. I knew it was him, every sense I had told me so, yet it wasn’t. There was a growl now, deep low ominous. Before I knew it he was on me, his hand ripping at my flesh. Something in me rose to the fore. The primal fighter in me. The true warrior. I pushed him back, and in a matter of seconds had the upper hand over him. My age and power overwhelming him. Somewhere in my head the drums started up again, when I looked again, it was not Mick I was fighting but myself. I was fighting the demon that lived within me. The warrior against the beast. The battle was for myself..

With the realisation of that the smoke softened, and I saw the entrance. I took my chance and left. Head down , drawing in lungful of cold air. I never saw him until I walked into him. His strong hands gripping my arms. “What the Fuck? Josef.” He was staring at me. An amused grin on his face. I looked down, my impeccable suit was gone. I was clad in only a leather loin cloth. I could see the remnants of body paint on my chest, smeared with the sweat from the lodge. He was eying me up, a hungry look on his face. I took his hand and lead him back into where I had just emerged from. The room was once more hot and hazy, and he too began his vision quest. Our warriors within, joining together, in body and soul.
What Josef want's. Josef gets!

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Warrior Within PG-13

Post by francis »

This was quite a halloween tale, I think. Dark and mysterious, with ghostly indians in dreams, and Josef on a quest to himself. Nice, I liked it. Lots of atmosphere.
JosefsRose
Freelance freshie

Re: Warrior Within PG-13

Post by JosefsRose »

Thank you Francis, such a comment from you is high praise. :notworthy: Listening to my JM can be a challenge, but the results can be startling.

BTW, I loved your Dust story. can't remember if I posted a comment.

Jenny :rose:
What Josef want's. Josef gets!

Return to “JosefsRose's Office”