Teacher, Teacher (PG13)

Sumaire
Kostan Industries intern

Teacher, Teacher (PG13)

Post by Sumaire »

Well I decided to take a quick jaunt into Aoife's head. It's been a while so . . . this is one that you have all asked for in the past.

Beth has been a vampire about three months in this.

Enjoy!

Oh, yeah. Usual disclaimers, Mick and Beth aren't mine.

TEACHER, TEACHER

Feeding. Something that we all do, human and vampire alike. Who knew that teaching someone something so basic could be so difficult?

I guess that I should back up and explain. I have a new fledgling in my house. Well not mine, my turns. Anyway, since he's so new to being the kind of vampire that I am, I decided to teach them both what it was to be my particular kind of vampire. Mind you, Mick has been one for 55+ years now; well a vampire anyway, new to my kind. So he obviously wasn't starting from scratch. Beth, on the other hand, is another story completely. She is truly a fledgling.

And with being a fledgling comes lots and lots and lots of learning. It is truly starting your life over. All the rules that applied before? Yeah, they go out the door the minute you take your first drop of vampire blood into your mouth.

Mick has been doing an admirable job with teaching Beth the basics, I will be the first to admit that. But there has been one subject that he has staunchly refused to broach. The subject of feeding fresh.

Yes, yes I know that I no longer do and neither does he. And if Beth chooses not to . . . well that has to be her decision; not his and not mine.

Believe me I tried to discuss it with him . . . several times. I swear sometimes Mick isn't a vampire, he's a brick wall. So, I did what I thought was best. I called my connection that I use for getting freshies for my annual ceilli, without telling Mick of course.

So I wasn't surprised when Mick came storming into my study the day the male freshies arrived. He came in, eyes blazing, his anger palpable.

“Aoife. Why are there male freshies in the freshie wing?”

I looked up from my research, trying to keep my face calm looking. “It's time Beth learned to feed from humans, Mick.” I continued to stare at him passively, knowing the barrage that was coming. I could feel his anger start to boil.

“What?!” Mick started pacing near the fireplace in the opposite end of the study. He turned to me, his eyes flowing from they're normal hazel to pale white. “Why? She's fine. She doesn't need to know how to do that.”

I stood and walked over to him, purposely standing in his path, forcing him to stop in front of me. “Yes, she does. Mick feeding fresh or not has to be her choice, not yours. And the only way she can truly decide for herself is if she does it.”

Mick turned to stare into the fire. “She does. From me when we make love.”

I crossed my arms across my chest. “Not the same thing and you know it.”

Mick turned abruptly and stalked to the couch, throwing himself down onto it. “I won't allow it.”

Now my anger was rising. “YOU won't allow it?! Mick, how many times have you gotten a fledgling through the early stages?”

“Never.” His eyes held a steely glint, challenging me.

“So your expertise on this comes from where exactly?” I stood in front of him, glaring. My worst fears realized. He was going to fight me on it tooth and claw.

“Aoife, in this day and age she doesn't have to.” Came his weak answer.

I decided to try another tactic. “Mick, how many times have you needed to feed off someone just in order to stay alive?”

“Just the one time.” He hesitated, his mind wandering back. “From her.”

“I've had to over the centuries so many times that I've lost count. And in every one of those cases, I didn't want to kill the donor. I just wanted to live.”

“Soooo.” I could see the wheels turning in his head.

“I certainly didn't want it to hurt them anymore than it had to. So in order to do that I needed to know how to do it right.”

“I'm sorry, but I don't see how Beth would ever get into that kind of situation.” Mick was now staring off into space, not looking at me.

“Mick, be serious. She's a danger magnet. What you do for a living is far from the safest choice in the world; or mine for that matter and she's involved in both. At some point there is a very real possibility that she will need to.”

“I find that hard to believe.” He said, looking me straight in the eye.

I threw my hands up, turned and headed back to my desk and leaned on it. “You truly think that? Come on Mick, there is no way you are that naive.”

I decided that if he wouldn't tell me one way why he was so against Beth learning how to feed properly, then I would try another way. I gently probed his mind. I didn't have to get very far in to discover his reasons. On the top of the list, yeah you guessed it, Coraline.

A small smile crept onto my passive face. He looked at me, dread filling his handsome features. “Mick. How did Coraline teach you to feed?”

I saw the fear, pain and loathing creep into his eyes. He started to look around the room, anywhere but at me. “She didn't. When I was with her, especially at first all I fed from where unwilling innocents.”

“So when did you learn?” I sighed inwardly thinking yet again how Coraline should have never turned anyone. Being a sire is a huge responsibility and she didn't have the patience, understanding or know how. She was just too much of a twisted individual. I found myself yet again in awe of the young vampire in front of me, who in spite of everything, had managed to make it through in one piece. I would have to have a talk with Josef at some point, how much he had taught Mick.

“Josef taught me the first time that I left Coraline and stayed at his place. He just about ripped my head off the first time I fed off of one of his freshies and almost killed her.” My mind wandered back to a party at Josef's right about the time there was the big push in the human world regarding free range and bred chickens. He had said something to the effect, “There is no way I'm letting free range onto my menu. God, you don't know where they've been or what they've been eating.” To which I reminded him that they were ALL free range until they signed with him. He looked at me totally aghast. “I DO NOT drink straight from the street . . . ever.” So yeah, I just bet he did just about rip Mick's head off, literally.

I chuckled softly at the memory. “I just bet he did.” I stood thinking for a moment and then decided to sit next to him on the couch before I asked the next question. “Mick, did it make sense to you why he taught you how to do that?”

“Well, yeah. Of course it did. Bagged wasn't really an option then.”

“And at some point it may not be again. She has got to know how.”

Mick shook his head. “No.” He said softly.

“Why do you feel that feeding from a freshie is cheating, Mick?”

His eyes widened in surprise. “I never said that.”

“Not in words, you haven't. But in actions, yes you have.” I sat waiting for the tirade that I knew was coming.

Mick stood and glided to the window to look out. “I don't know, Aoife.” He stated softly. “I know it's not, I mean, we don't have emotional attachments to our food . . . but.”

“But what, dear heart?” I prodded gently.

He turned to look at me, tears glistening in his eyes. “It's not me that her fangs will be in, D*mn it. It'll be some unknown male. . . and the look on his face will be one of pure bliss and he'll probably cum.” His voice was laced with pain.

“Coraline fed and f*cked freshies in front of you, didn't she.” It wasn't a question. Seamus had once told me that she had done it in front of him. He had tried to stop her once and she staked him every time after that so she could torture him and have her fun at the same time.

Again came the saucer eyes. “How. . . how did you know about that?”

I smiled a half smile. “Seamus told me about it one time. He tried to stop her once. She staked him and f*cked three then while he watched unable to move.”

Mick smiled grimly. “She had a definite pattern, didn't she?”

“Yes, yes she did.” I walked over to him and placed my hand on his shoulder. “Mick, Beth is not Coraline. She's already told me that she wants nothing to do with feeding fresh and I told her the same thing that I've told you. She has to know how, just in case.”

“Yeah, yeah.” He turned to watch the rain that was now falling run down the picture window.

Patting him once on the shoulder before I pulled my hand away, I said “Mick, why don't you go talk to Beth about it. She needs to understand your feelings.”

“I don't want to dredge up the past.”

“But if you don't it will still continue to rule your present.” I watched him intently for a few minutes.

“Mick, I'm not doing this to hurt you. I'm doing it to make sure she's fully ready to move around in our world.”

He turned and I pulled him in for a hug.

“Yeah, I know that too, Aoife. I just don't know if I can handle it.” He pulled out of the hug and headed towards the door.

I stood holding one arm. “It's only one week Mick. It will be over quickly. Look I'll even teach her. You don't even have to go into the freshie wing.”

“No, it's my responsibility.” He reached down and turned the knob, opening the door. He turned and looked back at me one last time. “Does she really need to do this?”

“Yes, Mick she does.”

He took a deep steadying breath, nodded once and headed out the door.

One week later, Beth is an expert at feeding fresh. The freshies are gone and she's back to drinking bottled. And Mick, he made it through without any major meltdowns. Oh there were a few minor ones, but all in all he didn't do bad at all. And Beth, well there were a few missteps but no fatalities and she has stated unequivocally that she prefers feeding from a glass or syringe, much to Mick's relief.

For me, I'm just glad it's over. I never told him but that part of being a sire has always been my least favorite part. Teaching someone the nuances of pleasure is without a doubt a B*tch and one that honestly I hope I never, ever have to do again.
draco
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: Teacher, Teacher (PG13)

Post by draco »

That was a beautiful insight of how Aoife and Mick felt in those first weeks of Beth's turning and all the steps they had to take to guide her to be a proper vamp. :hug:
Believe me I tried to discuss it with him . . . several times. I swear sometimes Mick isn't a vampire, he's a brick wall.
Yeah. thats sums him up pretty good :snicker:
I don't want to dredge up the past.”

“But if you don't it will still continue to rule your present.
God, how true... unfortunately, Mick can never leave his past behind for good. It's one of the things that makes him so passionate and caring but also so very vulnerable. :Mickangel:
but than, it might not be a good thing to forget the past. He should just try to find a way to learn from it. Not by avoiding everything that went wrong in his training (or lack of it) but to persue different roads to teach these things needed for survival.
And to remember he's not alone anymore, nor is he still the helpless fledgling he used to be in the fifties.

Wonderful update and addition to your story, sumaire :hug: :flowers:

Return to “Aoife's Journal's”