Per Diem: Peek 4 - Best Medicine (PG-13)

A place for GuardianAngel's G to PG-13 stories
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Per Diem: Peek 4 - Best Medicine (PG-13)

Post by GuardianAngel »

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. I don't own them, never have, never will. Bummer, I know.

My thanks to PNWgal for beta-ing. And for being such a great friend.

The Best Medicine

Mick was brushing his teeth as Beth stepped out of the shower, tucking in the top of her towel over her breasts. She stood, admiring him as she wrapped a towel, turban style around her wet hair. All he wore were his white pajama bottoms riding low on his hips, the muscles in his back flexing and popping as he worked the brush in his mouth. She smiled at the bit of foaming paste around his lips - he was so damn cute. His reflection raised a brow at her and she returned his silent question with a full smile.

Beth took a stance next to the vampire and bumped him with her hip to clear a small area for herself at the sink.

"Hey, watch it." He threw her a mock wounded frown but stepped aside to give her access to her own toothbrush. He leaned slightly to the left as she opened the medicine cabinet, never breaking pace. Beth stepped back as Mick leaned down to spit and then stepped back in, handing him the cup to rinse his mouth. A small, well orchestrated morning dance.

"Talbot have a busy day planned for you?" Mick asked as he dried his face on the hem of the towel that rested at her thigh.

Beth rinsed her mouth before responding. "Don't know. Why?"

"I have to go by the courthouse today. Thought maybe I'd take you to lunch." He nipped her nape as he passed her, reaching for the blow-dryer.

"I'm sure Ben, will give me a few minutes to have lunch." She punctuated the name with a slap to Mick's ass and turned to leave the room.

His low growl warned her and she darted out of his reach. He would have caught her if he hadn't slipped on a wet patch on the tiled floor. But he gracefully righted himself and was after her in a heartbeat causing a flood of adrenaline to wash through the blond.

With a squeal, Beth leaped onto the bed, shifting her weight much like a linebacker preparing for a tackle and held her hands out in front of her. "Mick," she said in a warning tone contradicting the mischievous grin on her face, "I have to get ready."

His approach toward the bed was slow. Predatory.

She backed up a couple steps on the mattress, her heart racing, nerves tingling.

"Mick." His name was drawn out, admonishing.

He placed a knee on the bed. Beth tensed for flight.

A blur. She was on her knees, his hands clasped on her arms pulling her into his hard chest.

"Ow!" She was released, his face instantly contrite.

"Sucker!" Beth ducked under his arm and made for the door, leaving a trail of laughter and delight.

A hard body in front of her stopped her short. Strong arms encircled her and swept her from the floor. She bounced as she hit the bed, her head towel coming loose spilling wet gold around her.

Mick had her pinned before she could scramble away. She looked up into into his face as he loomed above her. His slow smile sent a shiver through her body.

"Sucker, huh?"

The double meaning of the word hit her and Beth snorted and giggled. "You're so easy, Mick."

"Is that so?"

She nodded.

His revenge was swift. His fingers struck under her arms, wiggling and poking moving downward sending Beth into a paroxysm of gasps and laughter. She wriggled beneath him, bucking and squealing trying to avert his hands. He'd pause to let her catch her breath only to continue in a different spot. "Mick! S-Stop! I mean it!" Her threat gave way to a shriek as he lifted her leg and grabbed a foot. "Don't you ..."

Mick couldn't help but guffaw at Beth's frantic attempt to keep him from tickling her until a sharp jab had him slipping and they both wound up on the floor. Him underneath and a very naked Beth on top.

Beth wasted no time giving him a smack on his shoulder. "No fair!"

"You started it by playing dirty."

"Hey, a girl's gotta use what she can." Beth wiggled against him.

Mick laughed at her impish smile that echoed the mischief in eyes. His fingers glided down her back and rested just above her ass.

Bending her arm over his chest, Beth rested her chin on it.

"You plan on being here a while?" Mick asked, raising his brow.

"I wish you would do that more." The wistful tone of her voice confused him.

"You want me to tickle you more?" He ran the back of his fingers up her side making her shiver.

She lightly slapped his chest. "No." With her other hand she lightly traced his lips. "Laugh more." Leaning up, Beth placed a chaste kiss on his mouth. "It sounds good on you."

They smiled at each other for a long second before Beth rolled off him, snatched up her towel and headed for the bathroom.

"Hey," Mick called from the floor, "where are you going? I thought we'd..."

Beth's answer, although muffled behind the door, was clear. "Oh no, bucko. If I'm late I won't be able to take lunch and YOU are going to make good on your invitation."

The vampire threw an arm over his eyes. "Yes, ma'am," he called back. And laughed.
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Re: Per Diem: Peek 4 - Best Medicine (PG-13)

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Wow, love the new digs!
Looks great in here. Who's your decorator??

Love this peek. Light, bright and happy. Kinda how I feel right now!

And damn, woman, you had me completely gone at the description of Mick brushing his teeth. Imagining the back muscles rippling now....
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

GA, this is my favourite of the 4. I just adore how playful they are with each other in their established morning routine.
Mick's laughter and Beth's teasing. Perfect :D
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

So cute! I'm loving these peeks into MickBeth's everyday life. More please! :D
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Sigh. Yes he should laugh more.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

I just found these, GA. I had read the first one before someplace, but never any of the others. I am enjoying them so much! :hearts: Some serious, some light, all very Mick and Beth. I especially liked the "laughing sounds good on you" in this one. I loved their playfulness with each other.

Moving on to the other ones!
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

I'm with MLC....these are wonderful glimpses into their lives...

Loved this
"Laugh more." Leaning up, Beth placed a chaste kiss on his mouth. "It sounds good on you."
Perfect
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

GA

If this had calories it would be the equivalent of cheesecake!

Yummy!

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Kara
Fledgling

Post by Kara »

Love the morning routine. :smooch: See, they can live a normal life afterall. :smooch: :heart:

Thanks. :wave:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Okay, this is Thanksgiving, right? Thank you for a lighthearted story of Mick and Beth. I needed that before I crawled into bed. :flowers:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This has so many moments that are just...charming. The easy familiarity, the casual warmth underlying their play and Beth's thoughful words that she wished he would laugh more.

I get the impression that laughter hasn't been a part of his life for a long time. The best he had managed to achieve was a lessening of the pain.

Fabulous, GA!

Thank you!

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Came by for a reread and this is just delightful.

Warm, teasing and pure fun. They are so delightfullly comfortable with each other and both are clearly delighted to be together.

Thanks

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

It was great just reading a bit about their common life, everyday couple routines and all. And laughing Mick is such a delight! He surely has to do it more often, even if it means Beth suffering a bit in his hands! :snicker:

LOVELY!
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

I know I've commented on this on another board, somewhere, some time... but no comment here. :blushing:

You always write Mick and Beth so beautifully - the dialogue sings and the picture you create of domestic bliss clutches my heart. The simple pleasures so many of us take for granted - but not Mick. This has the feel of a little piece of heaven for him.

And yes. He certainly should laugh more. :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh:

Divine.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

I thank everyone for taking the time to respond and for their lovely comments. When I wrote Best Medicine it was almost as if I wanted to prove to Mick that it COULD be this easy. If he would just LET it!! LOL

redwinter101 wrote:You always write Mick and Beth so beautifully - the dialogue sings and the picture you create of domestic bliss clutches my heart. The simple pleasures so many of us take for granted - but not Mick. This has the feel of a little piece of heaven for him.
I love all the Mick moods. The tortured hero is sexy. The aggressive vampire is too. But we got so few glimpses of his playful side it began to gnaw at me. I feel that it's there, just below the surface, waiting to bubble up and if he let Beth, she'd give him that 'little piece of heaven'. If I wanted to see more of it I thought others would too. I'm delighted that you find the dialogue worked and that it conjured the picture I was aiming for.

Return to “GuardianAngel's Office”