Dust Epilogue (PG-13)

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Re: Dust Epilogue (PG-13)

Post by librarian_7 »

Thank you all for the wonderful comments!

Two things (okay, two and a half things):

I have to tell the (short) story about writing the epilogue. As I was just starting the story, working on Ch. 1, I had gone on a cruise with my husband. On display on the ship was a vintage Rolls, and I knew I had to work it into my story, somehow. So I started the epilogue right then...sitting by a Rolls with a nice drink at hand.

The other thing, I think the best way to thank you all is by noting that I have already begun research for my next historical Josef piece.

And the half thing...Night Air, I introduced Slade at the very end of "100% Freshie," and he played a bigger part in "La Posada," and "Management Training." (MT is a slash story, BTW, but not the two vamps.)

Again, heartfelt thanks for your praise. :flowers:

Lucky
RangerCM
Rogue vampire

Post by RangerCM »

Such a beautiful ending to an amazing story. Not much more I can really add to what others have said. Sally really is special and unique. I will miss her.
banner by Cprav
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

A beautiful and heartfelt ending to your superb story!!!! :hankie: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :worship: :heart: :hyper2: :hyper2: :rainbow: :rose: :flowers:

mitzie :mooncat:
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

I echo all the sentiments expressed here about this story, Josef, Sally, and Slade. I love westerns. You married two subjects dear to my heart: Moonlight and the Wild West. Bravo!!! :clapping:
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Reminds me of Will the Circle Be Unbroken, the Carter family song. Lovely, Lucky...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

It's pretty common knowledge I'm not a fan of historical fic. But...Lucky, this whole story was just amazing.

Of all the scenarios I could picture Josef in, a western wouldn't have been at the top of the list, but the reader just gets swept up into the story. A lovely backstory into Slade (who I LOVED in Management Training), a wonderfully well-rounded character in Sally Watkins and it ties up into a fantastic story that I couldn't read fast enough.

I'm curious to see what your next historical fic looks like! :hug:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonShadow »

Lucky,

This has been a spectacular piece of work. The depth of character that you have woven into each chapter, the people, the emotion, and the dust; each layer enriches and envelopes the reader in a special and unique way. It was often hard to remember Sally's age, as it blurred in juxtaposition with Josef's and Slade's. Thank you so very much for writing this wonderful piece and for sharing it with us. Your gift is appreciated and treasured.

I know that I am looking forward to the next glimpse into history.
Banner by Lilly

Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn
The power of man, for none of woman born
Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Brava, Lucky. :hankie:
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
greenleaf9
Rogue vampire

Post by greenleaf9 »

What a beautiful epilogue.

I love that Josef and Slade come to see Sally one last time, and that they meet her granddaughter.

Wonderful story Lucky--I enjoyed every word! :clapping:
Banner created by the lovely RedNightBird.

"...The moon's an arrant thief, and her pale fire fire she snatches from the sun..." ~William Shakespeare

Better Safe Than Staked.
eris
Sire

Post by eris »

Beautiful ending Lucky. I missed it when you posted it the first time, but that only makes the end sweeter and sadder.
Cinemama
Kostan Industries intern

Post by Cinemama »

Great story, Lucky! Haven't been around lately, but I stopped by because I remembered I never got to finish this story! Loved it.
Archetypically speaking, of course...

"Thank God I am Jung and not a Jungian." -Carl Jung, in his opening remarks to a group of Jungians.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

It was so nice to see Josef remembering Sally all those years later. And of course, how could he ever possibly forget her? I particularly liked the way he brought the letter to his face, to pick up scents and memories. It must have been so vivid for him.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Thanks, Shadow! It's true, Josef (and all vampires) are so much creatures of their senses, that many of their memories must be called up by scents, and textures, and sounds...it does make it interesting to write.

Lucky
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

:cloud9: :cloud9:

Beautiful, and so very moving. Proof, if any were needed, of the difference between time spent and time passed.

Thanks so much for this fabulous story, Lucky.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

While waiting for tonight's TR episode, I noticed this story in the recent topics and thought I'd give it a try.

Great story! I love ML fanfic from "pre-ML" timeline. It does seem that Mick and Josef are drawn to spunky women, doesn't it?

Return to “Dust”