Per Diem: Peek 1 - That Time (PG-13)

A place for GuardianAngel's G to PG-13 stories
AussieJo
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: Per Diem: Peek 1 - That Time (PG-13)

Post by AussieJo »

G.A. What a treat to read this again! :rose:
Mick tiptoeing tru the minefield.
Brilliant!

The coffee house rocks! :thumbs:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

AussieJo, tiptoeing through a minefield, that's a great description of this story. I especially love that this has all the ingredients of a relationship crisis that could (and does) happen to every couple (if there's at least one woman involved) and the vampire angle just gives it an edge, knowing that Mick loves that time of the month for the sensual thrill it gives him. He just has to get through PMS first. I love it and wished I had enough humor while I am in that time myself, but I would probably not find it funny then. So, this story is great in 28 days of the month. :laugh:
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

A risky topic for a fic, to be sure. But with your ability to do emotion, and subtle touch, you were able to go there successfully. Congratulations.
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

I was lead here by the coffeehouse. This is wonderful, snarky, funny and so true!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :hearts: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :biggrin: :coffee: :whistle: :devil: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :flowers:

mitzie :mooncat:
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by NocturneInCMoll »

You know, I always wondered how vampires would find "that time of the month." Now I know... :laugh: Very cute.

A little :TMI: there at the end, though, Mick! ;)
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Oh yeah, Mick. Not above a little groveling to avoid a night on the couch. Too funny! Loved it! :yahoo:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
Kara
Fledgling

Post by Kara »

redwinter101 wrote:ML should have been on cable. Then we might, just might, have seen something as marvellous as this.

Red :heart:

Oh I'm with you on that. But this is a really fun read. Cute MickBeth moments. :hearts:

Thanks.
Last edited by redwinter101 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To fix quotes
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I'm so thankful to the Coffee House for introducing me to this little gem. :hyper2:

I once read that to be truly funny, comedy should have its foundation firmly planted in the truth. I believe that's why this works so incredibly well. This could so easily be me -- well, except for the part about the hot, but slightly flustered, half-dressed vampire. :snicker:

GA, you've captured "everywoman" here, and yet at the same time, this is perfectly Beth -- she's completely in character. And poor Mick. He may have the advantage of heightened vamp senses to confirm his suspicions, but he really is powerless in this scenario.

One of the things I love about this is that it doesn't go "over the top" with too much drama. The simplicity here is precision perfect:
GuardianAngel wrote: “Well….it’s that time…..your time.” Disgusted with himself he closed his eyes and sighed. “It’s your time of the month.”

Beth smiled.
That's really all you needed to say. Because I knew exactly how she smiled. I shivered a bit before I even read the next sentence.

This is real, down-to-earth humor at its best. :notworthy: I love it!
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Back via the CH for a re-read, GA. :wave:

I'm sure I've mentioned once or twice already how much I love all the Pier Diem stories. They are among my favourite ML fics and this one is especially great. Every woman "gets" the humour of this piece and boy how I wish we all got the Mick too. :snicker:
Beth cocked her head and shook it sarcastically. “No. It couldn’t be any of that. It must be because I have my period. How stupid of me.” She punctuated the last words by hitting her palm against her forehead.

Mick may be old-fashioned, but he wasn’t stupid. If he let her go on any more he’d be on the couch. That just wasn’t acceptable. Sex during Beth’s time of the month was exceptional. He wasn’t above a little groveling to ensure his place beside her in bed. Donning her favorite grin, he sauntered towards her.

“You think it’s funny?”

“Not at all. I’m sorry about the gas. It was inconsiderate of me.” Mick stood in front of her with a repentant smile and ran a hand down her arm. “Here, I’ll sit with you while you eat and you can tell me all about your day.”
Just perfect. :biggrin:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
greenleaf9
Rogue vampire

Post by greenleaf9 »

The coffee house sent me over here GA, and I'm so glad it did. This is priceless!

Mick's uncertainty (sp?) on what to say to Beth--poor vampire. His floundering for the right thing to say is so cute and hysterical. I was giggling through the whole story, and so glad it has a happy ending. :ysmile:

Loved it! :flowers:
Banner created by the lovely RedNightBird.

"...The moon's an arrant thief, and her pale fire fire she snatches from the sun..." ~William Shakespeare

Better Safe Than Staked.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This is one of those gems that just has to be reread periodically. It is so charming, so funny and, in the Moonlight universe gives us proof that even after gathering eighty five plus years of knowledge, Mick's mouth can still get him into trouble, but he can also get himself out of it, too.

Fabulous start to a wonderful series.

Thank you!

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This is absolutely charming.

You write Mick and Beth exceptionally well. Yes, Mick is quite a good dancer the way he managed to sidestep the landmines here.

Thanks

Jenna

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Started to just bump this up and not say anything, but changed my mind--this is just adorable. It was good to see some minor disagreements between the two of them and this was just a very vampy situation.

Thanks! (Oh, and bump!) :bump: :bump: :bump:

Jenna

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
loveyoumick
Freelance freshie

Post by loveyoumick »

:rolling: Too funny ! And, how cute is sneaky bastard Mick ? :heart:
You should seriously consider to write a sequel...you know, just to be sure that our Mick wasn't left on the couch that night.... :whistle:
:snicker:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Kudos to the poster boy for perpetual coolness!

I remember the scene in old movies when one character starts a food fight and cream pies are flying through the air and the person who caused the melee walks through it without getting a drop on his clothes.

That is Mick here. He almost got away with it. If only he hadn't said, "Oh" and been so honest when Beth insisted on an explanation.

Tact, Sweetie. Tact.

Sometimes diversion is your best course of action.

Fabulous story!!!

Jenna

Return to “GuardianAngel's Office”