Dust Chapter 13, PG-13

mitzie
Courtesan

Re: Dust Chapter 13, PG-13

Post by mitzie »

I've read this 3 times now, but haven't had the energy to post a thoughtful comment, feeling a little under the weather!

I love Sally more with each chapter. I had to :giggle: at her not allowing Josef to talk about her delicate condition!! She is one of my favorite OC's.

Now that the battle is over I wonder what happens between these three very different personalities??!!

I love this story and can't wait to see what happens next... :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :eyes: :eyes: :bash: :bash: :poke: :slappy: :juggle: :seesaw: :nosee: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :worship: :hyper2: :hyper2: :heart: :flowers:

mitzie :mooncat:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Lucky, I read this the day you posted it and told you privately how much I loved it, but I'm just coming back to comment now--my apologies for the delay.

This is one of those wonderful chapters where a great deal takes place, but much of it is very subtle. I just loved Sally (well, loved her more than ever, I should say) for the way she handled Slade. I had faith in her, but the real pleasure lay in seeing the way you described the scene. You've done an amazing job with Sally--she is such a remarkable character, one of my favorite OC's in any Moonlight fanfic. You've captured her beautifully--strong, determined, and flexible, but definitely a person of the time, not a modern woman by any measure. I love the way she won't discuss her delicate condition with Josef, even after having shared her blood with him--not to mention been through hell with him. There are some things a well-brought-up young woman simply doesn't discuss with a man. :laugh: I also love the fact that she apologizes to Slade for shooting him! It's such a Sally thing to do. :rose: As is her chiding of Josef for criticizing himself...that is a lovely little moment. :hearts:

Cool, cool moment, also, when Josef suddenly reminds Sally of her little brother. However old he really is, one shouldn't forget how he appears; and his impishness is one of his most endearing qualities. That's an example of the subtlety of this chapter. You do so much here, so quietly, that it might be easy to overlook. That's one of the things I like about your stories...they are much deeper than they may appear at first glance. Take that conversation between Josef and Slade. You illuminate so much about them as individuals, and also about their relationship, in just a few short paragraphs. We see how they began, and how they will develop. It's just a pleasure to see how you crafted it. :notworthy:

Finally, I absolutely love the ending. It reflects Slade's thoughts. No huge, exciting drama... just a quiet arrival in the wee hours, unnoticed. Almost an anticlimax, but then again--isn't that the way most adventures end? Of course, the story's not over yet--I don't want it to end, actually! I wish I could keep following their lives. Maybe that's the greatest sign of a well-told tale...you really don't want to say goodbye to the characters. You want to find out what happens. I can already tell I'm going to feel that way about Sally, Slade, and Josef when you finish this wonderful story.
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

I can only echo everyone else's comments..words like wonderful! brilliant! enthralling! are still not enough to describe your stories..this one in particular. I need to get out my thesaurus...

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
greenleaf9
Rogue vampire

Post by greenleaf9 »

I'm just loving this story Lucky. So glad Sally is a-okay and that Slade didn't get her. :phew:
Banner created by the lovely RedNightBird.

"...The moon's an arrant thief, and her pale fire fire she snatches from the sun..." ~William Shakespeare

Better Safe Than Staked.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Once again, thank you for the lovely comments.

mitzie, I always appreciate your comments! You have a way with smileys no one else can duplicate!

Alle, my dear friend, you give some of the best comment around. I cannot express how thrilling it is that someone takes the time to look so closely at my work. It's beyond flattering.

And everyone else...it's true that this story is winding down, but it's not quite over yet!

Lucky
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

My favorite bit here is when Josef, just for a moment, reminds Sally of her little brother.
That's a lovely touch, and it's amazing how much there is in that one little line where she remembers her brother.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

This time round it's Slade who strikes me most in this chapter - he's a man blessed with equanimity and he puts it to good use here. He's made it through shock, terror, ignorance and bloodlust (as well as the small matter of surviving an attack) but his unerring practicality sees him through. Wonderfully done. (And I kinda agree that they deserved a parade :snicker: .)

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson

Return to “Dust”