Just Right - Part Two (PG-13)

A place for GuardianAngel's G to PG-13 stories
Raven
Fledgling

Re: Just Right - Part Two (PG-13)

Post by Raven »

Mick's horror stories of draining humans as a young vampire were expected...his draining the freshie only 5 years ago... :gasp:
Beth's acceptance of Mick's revelations mean everything to him and her words of love truly set him free.

Great job GA!
Thank you TugaFanatic for my brilliant avi.
Thank you moonnoir for my wonderful banner.
alyssa
Kostan Industries intern

Post by alyssa »

Oh good god, very good. Now I want to have porridge with Mick!!
Alyssa...officially lost in the Moonlight
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Like other stories I've read today, I was lead here by The Coffee House. There was a lot of stuff Mick and Beth needed to talk about it.

I really found the part about Mick draining a freshie in a state of arousal, fascinating. It's a good explanation for why Mick is so hesitant when the donors are so willing.

I'm glad I came.
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Good Lord! How did you do that?

You packed that so full of ... of, everything! Fears, hopes, concerns...Gaah! It is so real and so tightly written you get tensed up just reading it.

How did you do that?
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
starbucksjunkie
Logan's WoW nemesis
Location: Home drinking my own Starbucks and watching my DVDs. There's a recession on!

Post by starbucksjunkie »

I'm replying again.

This is one of my all-time favorite pieces of ML fic.
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

"There is a degree to which . . . all literature, highbrow or low, from the Aeneid onward, is fan fiction . . . retelling and reimagining the stories that were told before us and that we have come of age loving--amateurs--we proceed, seeking out the blank places in the map that our favorite writers . . . have left for us . . ." -- Michael Chabon, Maps and Legends
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

Very nice. Satisfying to hear them talk about the really important, serious, dark things. I have feeling Mick will never have true peace in his relationship with Beth until she knows all these things. In the show itself there was so much he kept from her, even at the end. And this story gave me a plausible reason for the thing that bugged me too -- why he seemed to show so much passion for everyone else but not her when they obviously had feelings for each other. This is my :slaphead: moment. Thanks for that!
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
lunalux
Fledgling

Post by lunalux »

Meant to say this in my post to Part 1 but it applies here also...love the porridge analogy - it's innocence but conveying so much more. The was beautifully written, the economy of words wonderful, masterfully describing the power of their first time together. Pure poetry. Wonderful.

More importantly, the conversation beforehand was incredible. Mick probably talking about his monstrous acts for the first time to another soul, and in the process, receiving forgiveness and redemption...an illustration for me of why this woman is so important to him and his ability to live - not merely exist -- in the world.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

I love everything, every single thing about this, GA. The pace, the dialogue, the sense of connection - and finally, the release. It really is a stunning piece of work - and my very favourite post-Sonata story.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Albra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Albra »

It's Beth whom I like - in the same time strong and being not able to hide her emotions.
And - Mick - it's obvious that his past is dark and horrible ... I like the way you describe their conversation about it.
The best for me is the ending scene - "You say so much with so little" (I "borrowed" this phrase form Starbucksjunke - it's exactly what I feel).

Thank you!

Yours humble reader,
Albra
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

LdL: It felt real, it made sense, and you enjoyed it. My work is done. :curtesy:

Fleur: You always know just what to say to make me feel like a million bucks. I don't think I enjoy writing as much most other authors. But I do adore the good feedback.

grace: I'd love to be able to bottle you so I could take you out whenever I have a bad moment. *hug*

kelly: 'Thank you' sounds so lame. I feel your praise to my toes.

raven: Personally I thought that the 'terrible things' he'd done being so long ago wouldn't be relevant enough. But just 5 years ago? Now that would be a good reason. But love conquers all, right? Even Mick's fears.

alyssa: I wanted to have porridge with him too. Oh, to be his 'just right' anything!

cassysj: I'm glad you came too and happy that you found that part fascinating. I thought it spiced things up a bit. ;)

nutmegger: I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you. Nah. This one almost wrote itself. It's how I pictured it in my minds eye. And when I wrote it (which was right after Sonata) my frustration was fresh and motivating. I asked myself what I wanted answered and imagined Mick answering.

sbj: I don't even know what to say to that. I'm looking a little like this guy --> :yahoo:

Catmoon: Exactly. I couldn't accept them having a real relationship until Mick had clued her in to his past. She had to understand him before they could move on. You're so welcome.

lunalux: You got it. That's exactly what I was attempting with this fic. Beth is the only one he can tell all this too yet he's kept it from her. He NEEDS to tell her and have her put it into perspective for him. It might weigh him down but it won't weigh her down. She'll accept it. And help him move on.

Red: I'm glad you can't see my head swelling. It's not pretty. Praise coming from someone whose talent I admire so much tilts my world's axis. Your favorite post-Sonata story, you say? Stunning? I'm literally tearing here.

Albra: I don't think I've seen you around, Albra. Welcome. Thank you VERY much for the kind words. That is how I see Beth. Most of the time anyway. She's strong and she's not going to let anything get in the way of what she wants. Namely Mick. And she knows that whatever/whoever he was in the past, he is her Guardian Angel - someone who has made her feel safe for as long as she can remember, and he's a GOOD person worthy of love and happiness. The trick is to get him to realize it.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Ha! Made you cry, made you cry....

Sorry - your fics do it to me all the time, so turnabout's fair game :giggle: .

Seriously though - I speak only the truth. This fic is a classic in the fandom; a great story by a great writer.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

Thanks a lot, GA. Now another trip to the laundry room. *Woll sighs in contentment on her way to the laundry room...* :thud: :drool:
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, lord. What a second chapter!

Mick facing his fears as he tells Beth the truth. Fears both of hurting her, maybe killing her--and of having her see him as the monster he feels himself to be.

Beth absorbing all these difficult things and then becoming even surer of the truth--that they are the perfect mates.

That love scene-- I have no words. It's just amazing.

Your story made me cry, because you instilled the wonderful feel of the early episodes into the later part of their relationship. The final four episodes had me yearning for that feeling of connection between them. Even Sonata, which gave us the declaration of love, was unfulfilling in terms of Mick and Beth actually dealing with their emotions and the issues that faced them as a couple. You gave them that opportunity. :hug:

I'm very sorry I never read this story before, and I want you to know that it's going on my list of fics to revisit and savor. I loved it.
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by NocturneInCMoll »

Forgot to say two things in my comment on part one: 1) I kinda like thunderstorms--but they're maybe more infrequent and kinda tame where I am compared to LA... and 2) I loved the Three Bears analogy.

I think it's great Mick finally cleared the air about his "vampire issues"--"he did a lot of bad stuff when he was turned" and now Beth has a much better idea of how it can be dangerous to be with a vampire...but as for no more secrets between them, what about Beth? Did she conveniently forget about her little secret with Josef?
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

wow.

I started this post to tell you how much I enjoyed the fic. How it so wonderfully portrayed the many levels of the relationship and dealt with some of the barriers at the root of their Mick-enforced separation. That was some thunderstorm!

Containing equal measures of poetry and charm, it conveys he feeling that our favorite characters have finally found the way home.

Nicely done!!!!!
Last edited by jen on Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix

Return to “GuardianAngel's Office”