it will be great if you could come to Poland :yahoo:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Into Dust (PG-13)

Post by redwinter101 »

Albra wrote:Red,
it will be great if you could come to Poland :yahoo:
Some day, my friend, some day.

In the meantime, lots of virtual :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: for you!

Red :heart:

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Red, that was very beautiful ... and very sad.
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Thanks, P. :rose:

Red

mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

Beautiful and sad!! I could see this really happening. Lovely story!!!! :hankie: :hankie: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :hug: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :hankie: :heart: :notworthy: :flowers: :rose:

mitzie :mooncat:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Thanks, mitzie. :rose:

Red

coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

A minor chord, redolent with melancholy; this was our melody played out across time and space, a constant reminder there is no joy so great as one that seemed impossible. We both knew it, felt it, pushed it away, accepted it. We were never meant to be. But we were. And now, alone, I finally understand the meaning of a lifetime.
What a gorgeous paragraph, Red. This is Mick & Beth and their story wrapped up so very beautifully in just a few words.
The cemetery is locked and bare and we are alone, together. The earth cannot divide us, a physical barrier no more meaningful than death itself. This is home now, because you are here and I feel the last cares slip away. Through the tranquility of night I sit with you. I have shed my tears, expended my grief; I am finished.

I am here, my life, my love, forever.
Sad but hopeful all at the same time, Red. There is a quietness about Mick here I adore. He has a set path, knows what he wants to do and has reached a point where it is just time.
In the quiet glade I lie down. I can see you through the trees, but I will not be disturbed. Clear-eyed, content, expectant, I feel you holding me. It's time, my love. As the first rays dapple the ground I can enjoy the warmth at last.
Once again you have created such a vivid image in a few words. Mick has made his decision to be with Beth once again and it's one of the two scenario's I've always thought possible for these two and you have written it so beautifully here. :flowers:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

coco wrote:There is a quietness about Mick here I adore. He has a set path, knows what he wants to do and has reached a point where it is just time.
Thanks so much, coco. I love that description - a quietness.

I have no idea where this story came from - it's SO much sadder than my usual - I think I've just missed Mick even more than usual this week and the melancholy led to this.

Red :flowers:

PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

This is quite possibly one of the most beautiful things you have ever written. I sobbed like a baby the first time I read it - took me a couple of days to be able to come up with coherent feedback.

I think what made it so sad to me is that I can so completely see this Mick. I can see him lay down and mourn, then get up, wipe his eyes and make the decision to simply not continue an existence without Beth. Not even Josef can keep him tied to this life when, to loosely borrow a phrase from Gone With the Wind, his "heartspring's busted".
Acceptance was long-fought and hard-won, you would live and die and I would go on. Childish dreams of everlasting life had no place here. To the world we remained as we had always been; you, the woman who took my heart, living, ageing, and I, the man who would always have the face of youth, my ancient fears hidden from all but you. But we changed every day, growing old in each other's arms, confounding ourselves, finding peace and joy, our own version of happily ever after, a lifetime of love.
Such a telling statement. It doesn't matter that Mick physically doesn't age. In his love, he does...he ages right along with Beth, like two people who spend a lifetime together do.
I can go on without you, but I will not. I choose not.
And a powerful choice, to give up life, immortality...for love.

Now I'm all teary-eyed again...just such a lovely piece. :hug:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Thanks so much, PNWgal - for reading, sobbing, and for coming back to comment. If it makes you feel any better, this came at me out of nowhere and made me sob too!!! Because I can see Mick doing this - and no matter how calm or peaceful, it's just sad. Endings always are.

His heartspring's busted. I love that.

Red :rose:

Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Truly beautiful, Red. There's sadness about it, but it's really a happy ending --
vampire and all, here you've given Mick his dream, a mortal life.

So few words, so much depth.
Loved it.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Red,

This is how it would have been. This is the only ending that makes any sense. They were from two different worlds, always together, always apart. The last barrier between them, though, can finally be overcome. In life, death separated them. In death, there are no barriers.

And God is merciful.......

I have to stop now.....the tears are running down my face and my husband will want to know why....

Simply one of the best pieces you've ever written :rose:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I somehow missed this.

This is such a profound story of everlasting love that transcends despair and loneliness and time and death. :Mickangel:
A minor chord, redolent with melancholy; this was our melody played out across time and space, a constant reminder there is no joy so great as one that seemed impossible. We both knew it, felt it, pushed it away, accepted it. We were never meant to be. But we were. And now, alone, I finally understand the meaning of a lifetime.
This is the focal point, and it's breathtaking. The constant dichotomy of impossible love, lived to the fullest, to the end of it all.

I really like the thought that Mick would have promised to live on, and even tried, but didn't want to. His purpose was gone. He's beyond grief now, and there is this tranquility of decision, of finality. It's heartbreaking, but as it's what he needs to do it's acceptable.
I will miss Mick, you know, after this. But this story really brings home that there's no point to immortality if you are alone, and that there's no love without mortality. :hankie:

But this is truly the only happy ending that I can believe.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

A perfect title. It reminds me of Mick leaning against the door at the end of Fever, head bowed against his arm, making that hard decision that it had to stop. He couldn't keep his vow then: Beth wouldn't let him pull away. She dragged him into life despite himself. In your story, Mick and Beth did manage to fight the odds together. They found the happiest of happy endings, by living a full life together on their terms. And at the end, Mick chooses to take a path as close to a human's as he can. He follows his life's love into death.

How does an immortal handle mortal feelings? He tries to be as mortal as he can.

I don't know why, but this story isn't sad to me. It's melancholy, but it rings true that Mick would choose to give life up when Beth wasn't there to pull him toward the light anymore. The only person I feel sorry for is Josef. It's going to be so hard for him... :sigh: OK, now I'm sad...but not for Mick. Mick's doing what he wants to do. Beth's gonna kick his ass when he meets her in the afterlife, though... :hearts:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Shadow, thank you - you're very kind. I'm intrigued by how many readers find this to be a happy ending. To me, it's one possible ending - and there is certainly a calm, a peacefulness to it. But happy? This is just sad to me - the end of a life for whatever reason always is. I harbour those childish dreams Mick dismissed so roundly in this story - an eternity of happiness for them. I'm just a sucker, I guess. :roll:

dsr, :comfort:
darkstarrising wrote:In life, death separated them. In death, there are no barriers.
That's so very beautiful. To me, this is just another part of Mick's suffering - he has lost his love and that breaks my heart. The hope to be reunited is his only priority now.

francis,
francis wrote:there is this tranquility of decision, of finality. It's heartbreaking
Thank you so much - this is just how I feel about it. As for Mick's promise, I think he always knew it was a lie - and so did Beth. But it was necessary lie for them both and it allowed them a lifetime of happiness.

allegrita, I think this would be the final confirmation for Josef that Mick really was never cut out to be a vampire - but he will have lost his only friend and that IS sad. And yes - Beth is SO gonna kick his ass...

Red

Return to “redwinter101's Office”