One Hundred Grand - PG-13 (Challenge Fic)

A place for PNWgal's G to PG-13 stories
tucutecats
Fledgling

Re: One Hundred Grand - PG-13 (Challenge Fic)

Post by tucutecats »

Cassys can I join you behind the couch? Please because a dark Joseph is hard to take.
But alas I can see him doing this, Betrayed by his best friend and brother. He wouldn't,couldn't forgive and he would blame Beth, he never really liked her and she took Mick away from him. excellent story. :Mickangel: :Mickangel:
RangerCM
Rogue vampire

Post by RangerCM »

Wow! Kind of confused about my emotions on this one. It's no secret how I feel about Josef, but is it wrong that I can actually see him playing it like this, given the right circumstances? :confused2: :confused2:

OK, I need to go find some Josef protagonist to read so I can get back on track :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
banner by Cprav
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

How wonderfully and delightfully dark, PNWgal. Bravo. :clapping:

To witness the deterioration of their friendship through Josef was chilling indeed.

Excellent answer to the challenge. :flowers:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

My dear, Pgal. You already know I think this is diabolically good.

Lola is so pathetic I actually pity her. She's a means to and end for Josef and that's it.

And Josef. He's stone cold here. It's all about the Tribe. Mick turned his back on it. And Josef. Now he'll pay. It makes me want to find Mick and Beth and tell them to RUN! Foolish, foolish Mick, thinking he could just opt out. Not. Gonna. Happen.

One of my favorite line:
He had whistled as he walked out the front door and crunched down the driveway to climb into the vintage Mercedes, blissfully unaware that his life had just acquired an expiration date
.I can see it. Mick, happy and clueless, having just painted crosshairs on his forehead.

Truly chilling, Pgal.
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

Wow!! This is the darkest Josef I've ever seen!!!! :chair: I could actually see this happening which scares me even more!!!! :eek2:

I love this story and I would love to see you continue it... :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :Mickangel: :eek2: :eek2: :dizzy: :gasp: :nails: :nosee: :worship: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :heart: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :rose: :flowers:

mitzie :mooncat:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

You promised dark, you delivered dark. Josef is the vampire's vampire. He didn't get to being in his position by letting himself open or by not cutting his losses when necessary. With the stunned expression on his face when Mick told him Lola was dead, I often wondered what he was thinking. Anger that his lover was taken, with Mick's own 'pet' alive and well? Strike one. In this wonderfully turnabout story, you have Mick turning his back not just on the tribe (strike two), but on Josef himself (strike three) and Mick has to be dealt with.

I sense a sequel. Please??
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Seriously dark, but very, very well done!!!

Josef definitely had layers. Did Mick only see what he wanted to see? Had Moonlight continued for a second season or more I think we would have seen multiple dips into darkness and then recoveries that would leave us wondering if we saw what we thought we saw or if it was just a trick of the light..

Is this a one shot? I'd love to see more of this. Could Josef have a change of heart and become the charming, cute hedge fund trader we all love? Could Mick and Beth forgive him? Could Mick and Beth survive?

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Last edited by jen on Thu May 06, 2010 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

*I see the title of this challenge, I think of the candy bar*~~~Random thoughts from fleur.

That's where the sweetness ends.
(Except for the twisted part of me that almost shouted: "Sweeeeeeet" out loud when I read about Ms Lola's extensive facial damage. Couldn't have happened to a nicer gal. Never said I was nice.)

Holy hell is this dark, twisted and just plain nasty.

I LOVE IT.

Dude: you can write romance, smut, love, angst, mystery, horror and pretty much anything, can't you? This is deliciously evil and so wrong on so many levels, that it makes perfect sense!! Of course, Josef being the age-old powerful vamp would have a huge problem with Mick backing out of the vampclub. This is Josef at his utmost vampiest. Brutal, decisive and not looking back one bit. Those thoughts of what he would do to Beth, book-ended with the disgusting burnt earlobe lick of Lola----sweet baby Jesus in a manger.* This should come with a warning to not read on a full stomach. Have mercy, those descriptions of Lola were so realistic that I cringed several times. Ew and ick but so perfect. Only you could do stomach turning so well---there's a compliment you've probably never had before.

And what is up with you and GA writing Josef as such a complete d-bag lately??!! Not complaining in the least----he's got all the goods to be the man you love to hate. And he's pretty damn hateful in this!

Next challenge: Pgal re-writes the Yellow Pages with a ML influenced theme---because you could. You can write anything. And write it unfu**ing believably well.

Just remind me to never piss you off!**

:heart: Your #1 fan

*quote attributed and thrown back to Pgal
**see above!
MSJ_sunglasses
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MSJ_sunglasses »

A wonderfully dark and decidedly dastardly Josef PGal - love it!

:clapping: :clapping:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Wow. Speechless. Dark is right. :Mickangel: A dark Josef is indeed chilling, as G*A said. :chair: It is a credit to your writing that I couldn't pull away, even though part of me wanted to. And that last line, about putting a price on friendship? *shudders*

I think I need to go find something happy to read now, before going to bed... :whistle:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
MoonlitRose
Fledgling

Post by MoonlitRose »

Great writing, PNWgal! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Dark Lola was not as much of a surprize to me, as I can imagine that she would be capable of seeking revenge for her dip in the silver tank.

But you really got me with Josef. :gasp: WOW, I was so not expecting that he was the one lurking in the shadows. For Josef to allow a hit to be put out on Mick and Beth, must mean that they really stepped over the line this time! :grumble: Guess the dark side of Josef will utlimately prevail in your story. :Mickangel:

While I may not like that Josef would turn out to be so dark, I certainly enjoyed your writing of this story! :reading: :thumbs:
-MoonlitRose
To view additional Graphic Art by MoonlitRose.
dreamcatcher
Mortal

Post by dreamcatcher »

Wow, that was so good but so dark: Loved it!

It was shocking to find out Josef was behind this. He is so chillingly brutal here, intending to kill Mick and Lola and to use Beth. The true unforgiving nature of such an old vampire I guess.

I loved that Lola was so disfigured; she couldn’t have survived the silver bath unscathed so it was brilliant to bring her back like that.
kpyle
Freelance freshie

Post by kpyle »

WOW!!! I, like so many others, was not expecting this from Joseph! When it started with Lola, ya, I could believe she was capable! Then BAM, Joseph steps out, and what a dark Joseph it is! I think this is the darkest I have seen him! I also believe that he most definately would be capable of this with the right circumstances!! Great job!!! :biggrin:

(GuardianAngel said she needs to keep on eye on me for my comment about sending snap shots to Mick, but it's a good thing she has two eyes!)

Kelly
Thank you Pinkie for my Amazing Banner!
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

No-one writes Lola like you, my dear. No-one. And at this wonderfully low ebb, she is pathetic, but still evokes pity. The worst of it isn't that she is horribly injured, rather that she is so taken in by Josef and truly believes his heart is hers. How awful for one so powerful to have fallen so low.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
starbucksjunkie
Logan's WoW nemesis
Location: Home drinking my own Starbucks and watching my DVDs. There's a recession on!

Post by starbucksjunkie »

I had to get up the guts to read this. And now I know why.

Fleur's right. You can write anything. And you know I love your stuff.

This was hard to take, and it took me awhile to figure out why. It's because of something red once said, I believe. Mick and Josef's relationship is the backbone of ML. It is the relationship we all believe is absolutely rock solid. We have seen Mick turn on Coraline, and we can fathom Mick turning on Beth, even us M/B shippers. But Mick and Josef? Solid.

And here we find out it isn't. And you've done this before, naughty girl. You stretch the boundaries of our narrative universe, and you test our basic assumptions about our beloved characters and their relationships. And you do it with flair and guts and style.

Brava, girlfriend. Very well done.

But for the record, I for one don't want a sequel. :snicker:

"There is a degree to which . . . all literature, highbrow or low, from the Aeneid onward, is fan fiction . . . retelling and reimagining the stories that were told before us and that we have come of age loving--amateurs--we proceed, seeking out the blank places in the map that our favorite writers . . . have left for us . . ." -- Michael Chabon, Maps and Legends

Return to “PNWgal's Office”