Lady Penelope leaves her pink Rolls behind...

Locked Sophia threads are here.
VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Lady Penelope leaves her pink Rolls behind...

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

...as she goes on a backpacking adventure!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nture.html

Lady Penelope leaves her pink Rolls behind as she goes on a backpacking adventure!

Unlike her on-screen alter ego Lady Penelope - who is driven everywhere by her chauffeur Parker in a pink Rolls-Royce - Thunderbirds star Sophia Myles is disillusioned with the material things of life.

For the pretty young actress is leaving behind her comfortable life in London for a backpacking adventure across South-East Asia.

'I have ticked a lot of those material aspiration boxes - I've been in big movies, I've bought a house. But at the end of the day inner peace is the most important thing,' says vicar's daughter Sophia, 29, who appeared in the 2004 Thunderbirds film and has dated both Dr Who star David Tennant, 38, and actor Charles Dance, 62.

'I'm going backpacking to Thailand on my own, and I hope to get across to Cambodia. I haven't planned anything. I've just booked a ticket, and I'll see what happens.

'I would have been quite scared to do it ten years ago, but now is the time. I'm doing it on my own. It could be a really liberating adventure.'

As Parker might have said, it sounds F. A. B., m'lady.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z0P3HkIPPu
Beautiful banner and avatar by sirensong!
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Lady Penelope leaves her pink Rolls behind...

Post by darkstarrising »

Wow! She's a bit brave to do that on her own....hope the trip is everything she expects it will be.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Oh my... not my thing at all... :dizzy:

Good luck to her and hope she survives and that President Clinton doesn't have to go bailing her outta somewhere...
Last edited by wpgrace on Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

:giggle: Good one, Grace!

Yeah, she's a bit more adventurous than I would have given her credit for. Hell, adventurous isn't even the word I would choose. How 'bout foolhardy? Or "Are you crazy?!" :snicker:
Last edited by VAsusieQ18 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beautiful banner and avatar by sirensong!
starbucksjunkie
Logan's WoW nemesis
Location: Home drinking my own Starbucks and watching my DVDs. There's a recession on!

Post by starbucksjunkie »

You go girl!

Backpack somewhere exotic, get a tat, buy a motorcycle . . . whatever turns your crank!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

"There is a degree to which . . . all literature, highbrow or low, from the Aeneid onward, is fan fiction . . . retelling and reimagining the stories that were told before us and that we have come of age loving--amateurs--we proceed, seeking out the blank places in the map that our favorite writers . . . have left for us . . ." -- Michael Chabon, Maps and Legends
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

this is a topic I just have to comment on :snicker: ... she seems a thoroughly modern young lady indeed.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
MoonMarg
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonMarg »

Wow, I hope she finds what she is looking for.

I'am feeling abit sad for her though. If ML had been picked up again she would probably be living in LA working at the moment. It sounds like she is abit disallusioned with life at the moment. With all the excitement over Alex's career moving ahead it saddens me that Sophia has been left behind, because I so loved Beth.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

MoonMarg wrote:Wow, I hope she finds what she is looking for.

I'am feeling abit sad for her though. If ML had been picked up again she would probably be living in LA working at the moment. It sounds like she is abit disallusioned with life at the moment. With all the excitement over Alex's career moving ahead it saddens me that Sophia has been left behind, because I so loved Beth.
MoonMarg,

totally agree....I just hope she finds what she's looking for and that she catches a break soon.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
news
Fledgling

Post by news »

I was just thinking of Sophia. '' Deus Accelero!" Sophia "Macte Virtute!" Thanks so very much SusieQ for the link and the information. I think Sophia will be just fine. Hopefully, things will pan out for her and I do hope she engages in everything her heart desires during her travels.
Last edited by news on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I'm going to keep her in my prayers.

It's not that she's taking off on her own; I do that all the time. (Drives my father nuts) It's Thailand.

I had a friend from work who took a couple months off to go to Thailand and died in a motorcycle/car crash. As we were both computer programmers, I run across his computer code all the time so I've never forgotten him. I know it's totally unreasonable to think that everyone who goes to Thailand can die but it keeps crossing my mind.

I wish her a safe journey.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I wish her all the best--adventure, fun, safety, and happiness. And a fabulous job when she gets back. :hearts:
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Good luck, Sophia! Thailand - boy that's not a place I'd choose to go and certainly not backpacking. :no:
I had this friend who went to work as a teacher in Thailand and the stories she would tell me scared me half to death and she had regular accomodation etc. :eek2:

I just want to see Sophia back on TV or in the movies. I miss her. It does seem sad to me that most of the other cast members of ML have been sort of left behind. :hankie:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
laurapesada
Fledgling

Post by laurapesada »

Oh well...I hope too she would had chosen another place to go backpacking.
I was in Thailand like 12 years ago and honestly I don't think it's the best country to do that , specially for a white blonde woman all alone.
I am sure there a lot of nice and kind people over there, but my experience was not like that was a safe country.
We traveled with an organized tour . But, we did had some free time for ourselves to explore. My friend and me were followed by a group of three man after we left a McDonalds in downtown Bankok...It was not pretty..To turn left and they were there , to turn right and the same. At one point we thought we had gotten riden of them , but they came back again ...Thank God a policeman arrived and they ran away, so we we went fast back to the hotel...And in the hotels , even if they were 5 start hotesl , there were a lot of "high class" prostitutes with occidental business man, who probably had their own families in their countries. :grumble: , not very comfortable to be around that , morons. And a lot of poverty in the streets.. :hankie:
Anyway , I was in college then , young and fearless. I don't think I would go back right now.
I hope she to enjoy her trip , and I hope she to be very very careful.
Maybe, she can get a job she likes this week and postpone her trip. :pray:
I agree what she says of the material life , but still....
jmc
Rogue vampire

Post by jmc »

Sounds like something Beth Turner would do: jump in and figure it out as she goes along. Maybe it's the true-crime stuff on the news all the time, but I just hope she stays safe too. :pray:

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

I have a friend that went backpacking in Thailand but with her husband. I don't think I would do it. Good luck, Sophia.
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris

Return to “The Sophia Archives”