November 2001 Forgiveness Series Anne's Afraid PG-13

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

November 2001 Forgiveness Series Anne's Afraid PG-13

Post by cassysj »

I do not own any recognizable characters no copyright infringement is intended.

WARNING - This story mentions a real life plane crash in New York in 2001, not the 9/11 crashes but one shortly after. If that disturbs you please do not read any further

November 12, 2001

Anne woke up a little after seven and turned on the news. She heard that a plane crashed in Queens, New York She hoped it wasn’t another terrorist attack. Then she heard the flight number and she froze. American Airlines Flight 587. Hope was supposed to be on that plane! She was taking her freshie to Santa Domingo for vacation. She rushed to her phone book to call Hope.

No answer at the house. I wonder if she carries a phone on her like Charles. I always thought it was silly to have a phone in your purse but I want to talk to her. I know Charles and Sarah just went to bed a couple of hours ago but this is an emergency.

Anne knocked on their bedroom door. No response. She opened the door and saw they were each in their own freezer. She came to Charles’s first and saw he was naked. That wouldn’t do to wake him, he’d be embarrassed. She started banging on Sarah’s freezer.

Sarah snapped open the lid and said.

"Mother what’s wrong?

"There’s been a plane crash in New York. Hope was supposed to be on it and I tried calling her at home and the office. No answer. I thought she might have one of those phones like Charles."

"A cell phone? I’ll ask him.

Sarah opened his freezer.

"Charles, Mother is here. It’s an emergency do you have a cell number for Hope?

He sat up instantly and covered his nudity. "Yes. It’s in my phone. What’s going on?

"The plane Hope was supposed to be on crashed. Mother tried calling her at home."

"I’ll get dressed and see what I can find out."

"Thank you Charles. Anne said. I’ll wait downstairs.

Charles called the number and it went straight to voicemail. "This is not good.

"She may have survived the crash anyway". Sarah said.

"Maybe. If not Anne is going to be devastated." Charles said.

"I know.

Shortly after 10A California time the house phone rang.

Sarah picked it up. "Hello?

"Sarah put your mother on the phone right now." Hope ordered.

"She’s been worried sick. Were you on the plane?"

"No. I just woke up."

"Hope! How dare you let her worry like that? We've been calling and calling.

"I didn't hear the phone. So unless you have a phone inside your freezer, shut up and put Anne on right now."

"I’m going to prepare her. She’ll call you back." Sarah slammed the phone down and headed downstairs.

Hope immediately called Charles on his cell phone.

"Hope?

"Sarah hung up on me. Let me talk to Anne. Now!

Charles headed downstairs and could hear Anne crying. Then she was screaming at Sarah for not putting Hope on.

"Anne, Anne." Charles said. "I have Hope on the cell phone. She wants to talk to you. "

Anne grabbed the phone and was so relieved but then frustrated because Hope kept breaking up.

"Hope! Call me on a real phone. Anne yelled. I won’t let Sarah near it!"

The phone rang ten seconds later.

"Hope I’m so glad you’re all right. What happened?"

"Yasmin’s sister went into premature labor last night. She’s the labor coach, so we cancelled her vacation. I slept late. I’m so sorry Anne."

"I’m just glad you’re alive. Anne was so relieved. "Hope you said you weren’t coming for Thanksgiving this year but you better be here or I’m coming to New York."

Hope laughed. "I’ll be there for Thanksgiving I promise.

"I miss you so much. Anne said. You’re the closest thing I have to a sister. I love you."

"I love you too Anne. I’ll see you soon. I better call Yasmin. I’m sure her friends are going to fill up her voicemail."

"See you in two weeks. Goodbye Hope."

Hope placed a quick call to Yasmin and then called a limo to take her to Newark airport.

She booked herself on the next flight to LAX.

Seven hours later she was in LA and rented a car and called Charles.

"Charles it’s Hope. I think Anne needs to see me. I’m in town."

"Good. She’s shaken up and still mad at Sarah. I’ll let Sarah know you’re coming."

When she arrived. Anne ran as fast as her 89 year old legs would take her.

"Hope I’m so glad to see you."

"Me too!

"You should have come after September 11th. Anne said. "I’m not getting any younger and I could have lost you today.

"That’s why I came. Hope figured I figure we could have a nice long visit.

"Hope, let’s go on a trip together." Anne suggest

"Where?

"I’ve never been to Alaska.

"We can’t go in November. Hope laughed.

"Hawaii?

"Mother, you can’t go running around like you’re fifty. Sarah said.

"I don’t need your permission Sarah. Charles said I could go anywhere I want with Hope."

"That was twenty years ago when you went to Atlantic City.

"He didn’t rescind it. Hope, let’s go to Honolulu."

"I’ll get us booked. Hope hugged Anne tightly. You’re the only sister I ever had either. She whispered.

"But you’re older. Anne said seriously.

Hope laughed. "That’s right. I’m three years older so you have to listen to me. We’re going to take this trip very slow paced. Vampires don’t like the sun.

"That’s why I suggested Alaska.

"Anne you might be able to bully Sarah. But there is no way you could convince Charles to let you go to Alaska in the winter."

"You could have at least let me try. Anne said indignantly.
Last edited by cassysj on Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: November 2001 Forgiveness Series Anne's Afraid PG-13

Post by francis »

Awww, I know about someone worrying and then being relieved. It happened to me, and it happened with my mother. Hope is great to visit Anne at once.
AggieVamp
Rogue vampire

Post by AggieVamp »

This is soooo good. And I understand the worry that Anne had. She has taken Hope to be such a dear & close friend that the not knowing can be excruciating! But there was a happy resolution!

And I'm so totally changing my opinion of Hope! :snicker: She really is sweet - and I can so see Hope & Anne going to Hawaii! They'll have a great time. Everyone will think Hope is Anne's daughter :snicker:

Now Cassy - don't forget you said you *might* give us Hope's story....<HINT! HINT!>

Karen
Banner by HotMicks

Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional - and I Opt NOT to Grow Up!
:petcat: :petcat:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

francis - Hope adores Anne and had to go see her. Besides at this point Anne is getting up there in years.

Aggie - I'm so glad Hope is growing on you. Hope just needed someone to bring out her softer side. I can see the girls in Hawaii.

I have to ask Anne to let me borrow Hope for a while to get her whole story down :type: I must ask nicely or be threatened with a brush. :laugh:

Return to “Forgiveness”