Anniversaries Ficlet PG

A place for cassysj's G to PG-13 stories
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Anniversaries Ficlet PG

Post by cassysj »

I wrote this for the Guess the Author on Moonlight and Beyond. I do not own any recognizable characters no copyright infringement is intended.

Seven years ago. Mick saw a pretty blonde girl in a fountain and started to dream.

Six years ago. Mick admitted he deserved to be loved and started a new life with the pretty blonde.

Five years ago My dreams ended when a beautiful sleeping redhead died in a house fire.

Four years ago. Mick went to France to try to rescue Coraline. That was the last time I saw him.

Three years ago A new dream of mine ended when Simone didn’t survive the turning. At least I didn’t have another Sleeping Beauty.

Two years ago Beth became a vampire after some gang members killed her. She’s my only success story.

One year ago I married Beth. She is an extraordinary vampire, you’d never know she was still a fledgling. Beth’s not as sweet as my Sarah but much stronger and more compassionate than Simone. Maybe that’s the perfect balance in making a successful vampire.

Today I received a telegram.

Josef, I’ve finally escaped the Duvalls. Coraline is dead. Is Beth still My Beth or has she moved on?

I don’t do regrets but I don’t know what I’ll tell my best friend.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Anniversaries Ficlet PG

Post by francis »

Oh my, this is a painful story, at least for Josef. What a journey in telegraph style. Now how to go on? Will Beth have moved on, really, or will Josef lose her now? Will he lose Mick's friendship over this?
You have a way to make me think. You start out with snippets of information. Like with your Life after the List story I would love it if you could expand this a little, it's such a promising setting.
:heart:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Anniversaries Ficlet PG

Post by cassysj »

What I really like about the Guess The Author challenges is you keep the stories really short. For me I write almost an outline of a longer story idea and see where it goes from there. I'm thinking of expanding this but I don't have a lot of practice writing Beth. But I'm definitely thinking about it.

Return to “cassysj's Office”