The Beach - rating G - one shot

A place for JosefsRose's G to PG-13 stories
JosefsRose
Freelance freshie

The Beach - rating G - one shot

Post by JosefsRose »

This one shot was inspired while getting very burnt on the beach. I haven't put any names in so you can imagine whoever you wish.

Rating - G
Disclaimer - No still don't own Moonlight, if I did we would have so much more.

The Beach

They sat there like any other couple, blanket spread out beneath them. A hamper was set to the side, with plates stacked next to it. The remaining food put away. She watched him, seeing the elation on his face, and she wondered about the joy he felt, at the simplest of things. He sipped his cool drink, running the glass across his forehead. Relishing the coldness, in relation to the heat about them. He caught her smiling at him. “What are you smiling at?”

“You, seeing the joy on your face, from just being here gives you.” She placed her small hand on his arm, in a simple gesture.

“The company helps. You make the difference to me. It’s the fact you’re sharing this with me.” He grinned at her and took her hand in his. “Walk down the beach with me.” He pulled her up, keeping her hand in his, they began to walk.

“What about the food?” She was worried about it. “Shouldn’t we take it with us?”

“It will be fine, we’ll be coming back.” He walked her down to the surf line, and they continued on. Their feet being tickled by the waves, as they strolled.

“I like this version of you. You’re relaxed and almost carefree.”

“Really, I was like this before. This is the old me from before. I missed having someone to share things like this with.” he stopped and faced her. “You, you’ve brought about this change in me.”

“Me, what did I do?” She felt him tighten and loosen his grip on her hand.

“You made me realise that the past, is just that. The past. Here, and now is my future. You and me is the present, we have to make do with the time we have been given. Even if I lived to be a thousand, this moment would be in my memory forever.” A cloud crossed the sun, and a shadow crossed his face.

“Hey, don’t you go all dark and gloomy on me. Let’s head back to our spot.” They turned back, and walked to where the hamper sat on the blanket. She sat down, and pulled two glasses from the hamper. She poured a measure of fluid from the bottle within. “Come and sit, and have a drink.” he sat next to her and took the glass, downing the contents quickly, as she then poured him another. He held the glass in one hand and wrapped the other arm about her, and then they watched as the sun began to set. The colour of the sky changed from blue, to orange, and through to red, as the sun, that orb of light and heat, sank into the sea, giving the appearance of it boiling. Still they sat, watching as the horizon continued to darken, and the darkness was broken by the bright spots of stars twinkling in the heavens. The moon presented it’s self, a crescent shaped sliver, shimmering in the blackness. They were content to be in each others company. Finally as the last of the days heat passed , she gave a small shiver.

“Your getting cold, we should head back. Here let me help pack up the basket.” he made to put away, the bottle and their glasses. When her hand stayed his actions.

“This time with you means a lot to me, and I’m not so cold, because you’re here. Your presence keeps me warm.” She pulled him towards herself, and kissed his lips tenderly. He fell to the side of her, pulling her with him, to lay on the blanket, side by side. Looking up at the stars, and listening to the sound of the waves, breaking on the sand below them. Once more she gave a shiver, and this time he became insistent.

“Come on we’re heading back. We can sit by the fireside, and talk.” He pulled her up, and collected up the blanket and the hamper. With his arm about her waist, they walked back to the car. He found a jacket in the car, and draped it about her shoulders, to keep the cold from her. He placed the items in the back seat, and opened the door for her. “Better?” he asked her as she pulled the jacket closer about herself.

“Yes, you know whatever happens, we will always have our day at the beach.” He looked wistfully, back down at the sea, and got into the drivers side.

“Yes, we’ll always have the beach.”

Photo by me
What Josef want's. Josef gets!

Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Re: The Beach - rating G - one shot

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

This starts of so sweet and ends, for me, on a melancholy note, with the unspoken acknowledgement that things will change between them, perhaps enough to part them. I liked that part about it.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks

Return to “JosefsRose's Office”