redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Velvet (M/C, PG)

Post by redwinter101 »

Title: Velvet
Author: redwinter101
Rating: PG
Disclaimer: I don't own Moonlight or any of its characters
Note: This was posted at the Motel; my thanks to those who read and commented there.

************************************************************************************************************

--- Velvet ---

A smooth stroke and she yielded under his caress, soft, pliant. On nights like this, holding her close, feeling her move against him, he knew the thrill of anticipation, the press of desire. Every sense filled to bursting; their ragged rhythm, breath climbing upon breath; the surge of wanting, laying him open.

He longed to hold, to believe it would always be so.

A word, a flash, a turn, jarring, against each other’s grain once more. A bitter spike in her blood, unable to satisfy his hunger.

Lover became tormentor, saviour nemesis, forever reaching for the velvet touch of tomorrow.

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Velvet (M/C, PG)

Post by darkstarrising »

sigh....I love how you capture the love and the longing, with the desire for it to be something more
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

:flowers:

Thanks, dsr. (I love having the chance to use that marvellous new smilie.)

Red

Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

redwinter101 wrote:... forever reaching for the velvet touch of tomorrow.
I can just feel the yearning in every line, but this brings it home. Loved it!
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Thanks, Moonlighter (especially as it's Mick/Cora *gasp*).

Red :rose:

Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

redwinter101 wrote:Thanks, Moonlighter (especially as it's Mick/Cora *gasp*).

Red :rose:
Yeah, whatever, Red -- LOL!! However, your writing is so evocative that I still felt that yearning, no matter who it was about, and I guessed who it was from the line "lover became tormentor." I wouldn't attribute that to Beth. But you should know me by now, so you know where my mind goes -- despite the indicators of the participants in this little drabble...
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, Red... I remember when you posted this. It brought me back to the torments you first addressed in the Anniversary stories. So much possibility, and so little real happiness. :sigh: In some ways, I think that Mick and Coraline were the star-crossed lovers. Heat but no warmth, but... there was wanting there. And they just couldn't make it work. I feel for them both, when I'm in the right mood...
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

ML, :giggle:

alle, oh I feel for them too (although it's probably not as mood-dependent for me :snicker: ). There really weren't any winners from that relationship.

Red

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Mmmmh, your drabbles are bumped up to be appreciated again, like these old ornaments that you take down from the attic in winter time. And I appreciate. Every word brings up so much emotion. Mick and Cora will always be drawn to that possibility of happiness together that will never come true. There's so much disappointment there, for what just isn't. :heart:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Thanks, francis - Moonlighter went on a drabble-hunt and I think she read every single one, :giggle: hence the bumpage.

I do think Mick and Coraline had periods of happiness - but there was just too much between them, too much difference, for it ever to be longlasting contentment. And I do find that very sad - and integral to the characters we saw in the present day.

Red

Moonlighter
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlighter »

redwinter101 wrote:Thanks, francis - Moonlighter went on a drabble-hunt and I think she read every single one, :giggle: hence the bumpage.
:rolling: "bumpage" :giggle:

You bet I did! And I am so glad to have found these little jewels. I have to admit that about 2 years ago, I found some drabbles on a few other sites and they were just awful. Not knowing anything about what a "drabble" was really, I avoided them whenever I saw them on other boards. Now, being older and wiser, I realize that it is the talent of the writer that makes the drabble resonate with me -- not the mere fact that they are drabbles. Thank you for enlightening me on that, Red. Now I'm not as reluctant to read them when I see them (although you've set the bar kinda high, so I read all others with no expectations...)

:rose: :heart: :rose:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Oh you have made me laugh, ML. I agree about them being a risky proposition - but I'm delighted you've enjoyed these. I like writing them because they really are a challenge - to try and compress an entire story into just 100 words you really have to make every single word count.

Red

jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This is so lovely and sad. They started with so much promise--both thought so, each with their own idea of what that promise entailed but the promise shattered with Mick's turning. Even though they tried to put the shards of trust and hope back together, there was no shared vision to recapture, no future.

Only illusion.

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: I couldn't agree more, jen.

Thanks for the lovely comment. :smooch:

Red

Return to “Drabbles”