Physicists prove vamps don't exist?

A deeper discussion of Vampire Mythology
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Physicists prove vamps don't exist?

Post by Catmoon »

Have you ever felt guilty about the time you spend obsessing on Moonlight? Ashamed to admit your "silly hobby" to others? Never fear, you're in good company. As we speak, distinguished physicists, mathematicians, and economists are debating and publishing professional papers such as: "Mathematics of the Human Vampire Conflict," "The Transylvanian Problem of Renewable Resources," and "Cycles of Fear: Periodic Bloodsucking Rates for Vampires". Oh, and I wouldn't want to leave out, "Macroeconomic Policy and the Optimal Destruction of Vampires."

Next time someone makes fun of your interest, tell them you're doing serious academic research, and point them to this article:

http://io9.com/5241252/physicists-prove ... -not-exist

Pesonally, I agree with the mathematicians and economists, I think the physicists' theory is full of holes.

:whistle: :snicker:
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
AussieJo
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: Physicists prove vamps don't exist?

Post by AussieJo »

As one of the commenters said WT *! :gasp: :chin:
Cat, this was halarious!
Thanks for sharing.
one.zebra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by one.zebra »

Per usual, they forget some essential part of the formula and reach the wrong conculsions.....

In this case, it's something Josef discovered long ago......Freshies!!!
Banner and avatar by Twilightdew!

Travelling 33rpm in an iPod world
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

The best part of the article is the comments afterwards. Some are pretty funny..some are actually serious!! Well, no matter, I'm sure that Josef has everything under control.. :thumbs:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I love scientists with a sense of wonder (and humor)... :snicker:
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

I'm not sure about humor -- I can just see those scientists sitting around arguing with each other, hotly debating and each convinced their theory is right. :snicker:

Yes, of course Josef has everything under control. He says this is part of their "hide in plain sight" plan. ;) He finds it all amusing. He says they also use disinformation to their advantage.

But it's nice to know we're in good company when we debate issues of vampire physiology. Do you think those guys have forgotten about the fact that species' evolve in ways that help ensure their survival? I'm sure it's true that vampires would quickly deplete their food supply as suggested if they had to always kill their meals... but nature made the act of feeding a pleasurable one for humans, thus ensuring plenty of willing meals that they wouldn't have to kill.
Maybe that's the scientific discipline missing. That's the danger or specializing, if each branch of science only focuses on itself and doesn't see the bigger picture.
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

:coffee:

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
:giggle:
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

:snicker:

Thanks, Cat. I needed that.
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

thanks for posting this cat! what a hoot to read.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

Catmoon wrote:I'm not sure about humor -- I can just see those scientists sitting around arguing with each other, hotly debating and each convinced their theory is right. :snicker:

Yes, of course Josef has everything under control. He says this is part of their "hide in plain sight" plan. ;) He finds it all amusing. He says they also use disinformation to their advantage.

But it's nice to know we're in good company when we debate issues of vampire physiology. Do you think those guys have forgotten about the fact that species' evolve in ways that help ensure their survival? I'm sure it's true that vampires would quickly deplete their food supply as suggested if they had to always kill their meals... but nature made the act of feeding a pleasurable one for humans, thus ensuring plenty of willing meals that they wouldn't have to kill.
Maybe that's the scientific discipline missing. That's the danger or specializing, if each branch of science only focuses on itself and doesn't see the bigger picture.
When I read this, I thought that as well, cat. It amazes me that folks actually get paid for all this supposition when we are so willing and eager to do this for free! ;) I noticed some glaring inconsistencies in their thinking..it doesn't seem like they consulted any genre experts..certainly not the afficianados we have here on this board. If they had, their report would have had more validity...
diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

You have to be kidding me RAOFL!!! :rolling: Hey, so there might be hope for me afterall! I'm a physics graduate ; and yes..., I do occasionally feel guilty about the time I spend on Moonlight-related-activities, instead of, say, spending that time on research :whistle: but not to the point of trying to do both at once!!!! :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
If anything, it's from biologists we should have expected something! Goes to say though, one can always find crazier than oneself! :coffee:
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

Greedy consumers? :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: Personally I'm volunteering. :dracula:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

I really think they need to invite a rebuttal from the Vampire Community... and offer themselves as freshie guinea pigs, as well... how can they say they are truly pursuing a scientific method if they don't explore all the potential permutations?
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

I wonder... how do we prove physicists exist? Nah...waste of time, I'd rather work on vampires theory. :dracula:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

bluedahlia3 wrote:I wonder... how do we prove physicists exist? Nah...waste of time, I'd rather work on vampires theory. :dracula:
Considering the arguments put fortth, it sounds as though they may have done much of the work necessary to disprove that theory already.
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo

Return to “Vampire Philosophy”