Celebrating VS Day PG

A place for cassysj's G to PG-13 stories
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Celebrating VS Day PG

Post by cassysj »

This is my answer to the Anniversary Celebration challenge on the Vampsisters Board. I do not own any recognizable characters no copyright infringement is intended.

Year 2121

Josef you have to come to the VS parade. Mick said.

No I don’t.

It’ll be fun! Beth said.

Beth it will not be fun. Just because you and Mick want to come out of the closet doesn’t mean that’s what everyone wants.

Josef, I understand you want to be cautious but the cat’s been out of the bag for over ten years.

Just because humans were afraid of those sparkly alien vampire wannabes, doesn’t mean they want the real thing around.

Josef, humans would have become slaves if not for the real vampires. Beth said. We sent those Sparkles back where they came from.

Beth, you’ve never been chased by a torch bearing mob.

Not the torch bearing mob again. Mick said.

Yes, the torch bearing mob. I’m not outing myself.

Everyone is going to suspect you soon.

I don’t care they can’t prove anything Josef said.

You’re so dramatic Josef. Beth said. Come on Mick, we want to meet Coraline and Cynthia for some Tru Blood before the parade.

Beth you drink that garbage!

Yes Josef. It’s not so bad.

And you and Coraline have become drinking buddies?

We all fought in the war against the Sparkles. No room for vampire grudges.

Mick, Beth don’t you understand how fickle the humans are? Once the war against the Sparkles becomes as distant as the Civil War they will hate us again. Only they will know that we exist and what to look for.

Josef you’re paranoid. Mick said.

That’s what kept me alive over 500 years.

Well we’re going out to celebrate. Hopefully you’ll join us.

Mick and Beth met up at the restaurant with Coraline and Cynthia and ordered two rounds of Tru Blood. They were all looking forward to the celebration of the end of the war and this year legislation passed to permit vampire marriages. Mick and Beth planned to get their license tonight. Coraline and Cynthia were moving back to France but since California was leading the world in vampire rights they wanted to celebrate here and attend the wedding.

Josef’s private bedroom suite.

This was the one part of the house off limits to the freshies. Josef shared his freezer room with the ever sleeping Sarah.

He sat on her bed tonight and told her about the celebrations.

I’m afraid Sarah. It won’t last, the humans will turn on us. Mick and Beth are so foolish to go public.

Sarah I’ve heard a rumor that the blood of the Sparkles mixed with vampire blood can make us even stronger. I’m afraid if things go bad I’ll get caught and won’t be able to protect you.

I know vampires who have taken it so it shouldn’t hurt you. Forgive me for using you as an experiment, but if it changes your vitals at all I’ll know if I can use it to protect us.

Josef injected the Sparkle Vampire blood into Sarah’s IV. He watched the monitors carefully. Everything seemed strong but then he saw something that made his undead heart stop.

Sarah’s fingers moved. He looked at her face and her closed eyes were fluttering. She opened her eyes and saw her love.

Dying wasn’t so bad at all Charles. She said. Let’s start eternity.

Josef knew no matter what the future brought he would always celebrate VS day. Victory over the Sparkles or as he thought of it Victory over Sarah's death.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Celebrating VS Day PG

Post by francis »

Cassy, I love this. Snarky towards sparkly vampires, showcasing Josef's angst and paranoia, Mick and Beth and Cynthia and Coraline all drinking buddies, Trublood included. And then the end - Josef and Sarah. You have a thing for waking her up any way you can, huh? Good for her - is her muse awake, too?
Love it.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

There is no way Sarah muse was staying out of this story. That girl can talk. Besides I wanted to have Josef celebrate something and public vampire rights just didn't seem to me something he would enjoy.
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

Oh, what a snarky and beautiful story!! It was delightful and funny and I love that you had Sarah wake up at the end!!!! Priceless!!!! :heart: :giggle: :cloud9: :biggrin: :coffee: :devil: :angel: :bulb: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :rose:

mitzie :mooncat:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Mitzie - Thank you. I tried to get as many vampire things as possible. As you know Sarah Muse is talking up a storm so she had to make up.
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Sheesh! And I thought VS stood for Vampire Solidarity! Cute. Vary cute.
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Thanks I was trying to throw as much vampire stuff into the mix with this one. Glad you enjoyed it.

Return to “cassysj's Office”