The Pledge (PG-13)

A place for Luxe deLuxe's G to PG-13 stories
lynnrxgal
Fledgling

Re: The Pledge (PG-13)

Post by lynnrxgal »

I just love this story - truly a pearl. Makes me miss Moonlight all over again! And that's not necessarily a bad thing. The world of Mick, Beth, Josef et al is still my happy place.
jmc
Rogue vampire

Post by jmc »

Just came by for a reread last night and I don't remember if I commented before. I love your perfect story. You've captured the essence of Mick and Beth and, for me, why Moonlight is so special. Anyone who calls it 'just another vampire show' doesn't get it at all.

:reading: Thank you so much.

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.
Jo1027
Kostan Industries intern

Post by Jo1027 »

OMG, I love this fic soooo much. I've read it numerous times because it's one of my favorites. There are so many lines that I love that I would be here all day quoting them. I'm going to post the one that never fails to move me.

"The delicate strokes of the washcloth along the length of his torso mimicked the gravity of a religious ritual; a handmaiden tending to her master; an act of worship."

I fell in love with this line the first time I read it. Thank you so much for writing something so touching and so haunting.
:heart:
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

It doesn't matter how many times I read this - it still makes my heart clutch and gets me teary-eyed.

The epitome of a lost soul and the woman that brings him back to the light. Beth caring for him breaks through that wall Mick's built around himself - and Beth learns a bit about her own feelings and strengths.

Still so, SO good...

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
AussieJo
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by AussieJo »

I will read this forever.
I love my favourite, oh so precious MickBeth stories.
This is one of them
Breathtaking! :hug: :rose: :rose:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

PNWgal wrote:It doesn't matter how many times I read this - it still makes my heart clutch and gets me teary-eyed.

The epitome of a lost soul and the woman that brings him back to the light. Beth caring for him breaks through that wall Mick's built around himself - and Beth learns a bit about her own feelings and strengths.

Still so, SO good...
PNW is so much better with words than I am. So what she said.

Glad to have this one pop to the top again!
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

Okay, saw this here, read it again, and fell in love with it again! This is one of my favorite Mick and Beth scenes. There's something about a strong man in a moment of weakness that melts my kneecaps!!! His tears, his sobs, resting his head against her belly as he embraced her like a little child, so lonely...this is just beautiful, my friend. The peace that exudes at the end, the realization that she would take a bullet for him, is breathtaking...
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
Kara
Fledgling

Post by Kara »

Oh this is just so sad. But I'm glad Mick now has Beth. :smooch: :hearts:

Fantastic story. Thanks. :clapping: :clapping: :flowers:
jmc
Rogue vampire

Post by jmc »

I'd actually been thinking about this story earlier tonight when I drove home in the moonlight and then I saw it mentioned in the favorites thread. Had to come back for a reread. I love your beautiful story. :heart: This is pure MickBeth Moonlight.

:reading: Thank you (again).

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Just popping in for a re-read. When I feel the need for a story packed with emotion, care, tenderness and beauty, this is where I come.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

I love seeing this one on top again! A favorite of mine. :flowers:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
AussieJo
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by AussieJo »

What a gem! :cloud9:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Luxe

This is beautiful. So elemental--it captures the essence of the MickBeth dynamic so beautifully.

They form the perfect circle, loving, caring, protecting each other. Here, both are recognizing the depth of their commitment.

Brava!

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Its embarrasing to leave a comment and have left the one before, but this is just such an exceptional fic. It captures so many beautiful emotions that were at the heart of Moonlight.

My absolutely favorite line in the fic, and you had a lot of wonderful ones, was

He looked so sad; a lost little boy who knew his mother wasn’t coming for him. Ever.

This was one of the things that made Mick just so desperatey loveable. He thought he was so unloveable, and we all just melted into a puddle of goo.

Beth shows her own courage here and the last line was beautiful

Forgive me if this isn't an exact quote

She knew two things--that she loved him and that she would take a bullet for him.

Fabulous.

Thanks, Lux

Jenna
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
DeJean76
Mortal

Post by DeJean76 »

Luxe,
I have learned my lesson. I need to spend some time in the PG-13 section of the FanFics instead of "living" in the R/NC17 section!! I am obviously missing many gems!!

This beautiful story at the top of my "gem" list! I had to remind myself to breathe while reading this very gripping story! LOL! I know now that I can enjoy the stories without the hot/heavy stuff just as much as the NC17 ones! Thanks so much for pointing this fact out to me with your touching story "The Pledge"!!!

DeJean

:MickBeth:

Return to “Luxe deLuxe's Office”