Foerever - A million different ways.- PG

A place for JosefsRose's G to PG-13 stories
JosefsRose
Freelance freshie

Foerever - A million different ways.- PG

Post by JosefsRose »

Disclaimer I don't own any of them, I'm only playing with the toys like everone else.
Rating PG
This POV is from an unknown freshie. So feel free to place yourself in her place :giggle: .

A million different ways... that's what he said. A million tomorrows... that's what I wanted long before he left me here mortal and alone.

Once I knew forever was possible...

The recent past

He is beautiful, and I hope it is me that he chooses. Though I have heard through the grape vine, he doesn’t take fresh. Yet I still look at him, and unbidden thoughts of, what is it like? traverse through. I know what it is like to be bitten, to feel the euphoria after the pain. I signify my readiness, by twisting my wrist towards him. He smiles at me and takes my hand. My heart rate doubles at his slightest touch. He leads me to a corner, and sits on a couch, and I sit next to him. He studies my face, reading what is clearly written. “Why do look for more?”

His question takes me aback, “What do you mean?” I return his query, with one of my own.

“I’ve seen the look on your face a thousand time, on another thousand faces. You wonder what it would be like to be a vampire. Am I right?” His face seemed amused, but at the same time there was a sadness. I could only nod, he had read the question on my mind. “I’ll ask you some questions, and just give me your honest answers. OK?” Again I just nod. “What’s your favourite thing to do?”

I only had to think a short time to answer that one. “Relaxing by the pool, or down at the beach.” Easy I thought.

“Now what’s your favourite food?” He was studying me a s I replied, assimilating my answers.

“Oh, well I have several. Sushi, Pizza, and Chunky Monkey ice cream.” I couldn’t see the point of his questions, but then again his mere presence upset my equilibrium.

“Last one, where’s your favourite place to go, to visit?” Three questions, all about me, and what I like doing, I had to wonder where this was going.

This was probably the hardest question, I sat silent for a while I thought about it. “Umm” I chewed at my bottom lip, then my top one. “I guess, the museum, the library, the beach, and the park. I can’t choose just one.” Finally I had to ask, “What’s this got to do with being a vampire?” Now it was my turn to study him.

“It’s quite simple really, you would have to give all that up. No more going out in the sun, no more ice cream pizza, of any food., no more beach, or walking through the park. Even going to the museum. You would have urges to feed, and there would be only one thing that could sate it. Blood. That commodity, that only the living can offer.” he lifted my wrist, and for a fleeting moment I thought he might bite. Then he released my wrist, back in my lap. “You’re young, you have a lifetime in front of you. You can go to the beach, sit and read a book, in the afternoon sun, while eating an ice cream. As a vampire I can’t do that.” That sadness was back in his eyes, and he seemed to become melancholy. His mood quickly shifted again, and he stood taking my hand, “Now can I get you a drink?” he gave me a smile, that made my heart melt, yet I shook my head.

“No thank you, I need to have a level head.” he showed his understanding.

“Just think about what I said. You might think now that it is all a big adventure, but it’s not. Once there, there’s no going back.” then he walked away, heading towards the bar. I returned to the main area, where the others were congregating. His words running through my head.

The present

I am talking with some of my sisters, when a young man crosses the room towards us. He has a boyish charm, but there is more to him. I learnt long ago that looks, do not denote age, when it comes to vamps. “Good evening ladies.” There is a round of polite giggles. Each of us offers our wrists to him, and he tastes each one. Then with a feline grace hi takes my hand, and draws me near. Delicately he takes my wrist, scenting it, tracing the blood flowing through the veins beneath. I give a soft gasp as his fangs pierce my skin. The pain is instantly replaced by pleasure. My eyes close, and my mind goes over what I had been told. I think it over, there are a million ways to die, a million the voice in my head says, but only two ways to live. I sigh, as I feel his fangs withdraw, and he kisses my wounds. He guides me to a chair and seats me, and as I look up, I see a momentary look of concern, then it was gone. His sweet voice is washing over me. “Good night doll, and thank you.” Then he too is gone, and the thoughts still flow. Only two ways to live, mortally, with a finite existence, or immortally. The chance at forever.

I realise that I had wanted this for sometime, he wasn’t the first to tell of a million tomorrows, a million ways to die. Yet here I am alone, back where I was, still wanting forever. Still mortal, and alone. The noise about me seems deafening, alone even in this crowd, maybe it is time that I left this life. I can always dream, maybe forever is not for me. Forever is not so long, forever is just tonight.
What Josef want's. Josef gets!

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Foerever - A million different ways.- PG

Post by francis »

Great story about the what if. The vampire is right, live your life to the fullest and you won't have any regrets. You just lose too much after the Turning.
:heart:
mitzie
Courtesan

Re: Foerever - A million different ways.- PG

Post by mitzie »

Very insightful story! Beautifully written!! :hearts: :heart: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :Mickangel: :eyes: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :groupwave: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :heart:

mitzie :mooncat:

Return to “JosefsRose's Office”