The plan chap 3- The Escape (Pg13)

Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

The plan chap 3- The Escape (Pg13)

Post by Emma-lee »

A/N: I wanted to apologize for the delay in getting this chapter to you. And for how short it is. Real life got in the way as usual. Chapter 4, the last one BTW, will be much longer and should take as long to get out. Thanks to Jen for being my Beta and as always thanks to you my readers.

Again I don't owm Moonlight----only wish I did.

The Plan
--The Escape

Coraline woke up in pain and confused. When her vision cleared, she saw Mick standing next to her bed, his hand on her shoulder-lovingly. The feel of his cool hand on her shoulder was enough to calm and comfort her. He came to the hospital for her; he wanted to make sure she was ok.

She heard him ask her questions about the fire, then questions about the cure. Why does he want to know more about the cure than how I am doing? The possible repercussions were just too much. She risked everything for him! She came back and made herself human for him, and now, all he seemed to want is that damned cure. She could just see the Blonde standing there- is that why he wants the cure? For the Blonde?

She could feel her energy waning and her eyes closed. She could still hear them talking. Mick called her his wife, he did still care. There was still a chance that she could win him back. She would show him what she has been doing- and make sure that he knew it was all for him. It was her only hope.

Coraline felt another cool hand gently shaking her awake. She opened her eyes and saw it was Cynthia. The one person she could trust right now. She could feel that the cure was wearing off and she desperately needed another dose- giving up the chance at finding Mick was simply too much to contemplate. But Cynthia denied her- something about her injuries being to severe for a human to survive. She needed to be a vampire again. This made no sense to her. Maybe it was because of the pain and the medicine flowing through her system that she had heard Cynthia wrong. A vampire as a patient in a hospital was not a good thing, and that is exactly what she was facing. She must have misunderstood her friend- surely she wasn't suggesting reverting here... She drifted off again as Cynthia told her she had a plan to escape from the hospital. She trusted Cynthia; after all she was her oldest friend and confidante.

Cynthia, meanwhile, had it all planned out. Scrubs were easy for to come by- every department store sold them. Posing as a nurse wasn’t hard for her to do at all. Most times, all you had to do was wear scrubs and walk like you had somewhere to be and nobody bothered you. Cynthia fastidiously watched the nurses and doctors on the floor to figure out their schedules. It did not take long for the plan to get Coraline out to form in Cynthia’s mind. The hardest part was getting Coraline onto the bed that Cynthia was pushing quickly, so that nobody saw.

As it turned out, that was the easiest part of the plan. The people in the hospital were so involved in their own jobs and problems that they did not even notice a new nurse on the floor. Coraline almost lost control when the nurse came in to check on her. The smell of the nurse’s blood in her veins, combined with the hunger of an awakened vampire, was almost overwhelming. She had called Cynthia as soon as she dared. They had to get her out of the hospital- now. Once the cure wore off, what she was would become apparent, and it would be entirely too dangerous to be here for that.

Cynthia managed to get the bed to Coraline’s floor without a problem. She walked slowly down the hall until the nurse left her room. She parked the bed down the hall a bit, and then walked with a purpose to Coraline’s room. She made eye contact with Coraline then nodded, before she turned and headed back to the bed. This time, she pushed the bed faster and she met Coraline outside her room. She slipped under the bed without Cynthia slowing down and with vamp speed Cynthia pushed them far to the other side of the unit and out the doors.

By the time the code blue was called, Cynthia and Coraline were already three floors down. Both dressed in scrubs headed out the employee entrance, two nurses on a smoke break, nothing more.

Wonderful banner by Redwinter101, Avatar by Jen.
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Re: The plan chap 3- The Escape (Pg13)

Post by jenstc2003 »

I have always assumed it was something like this, Em!!! Nicely done!!!
Jen

Mick's Synful One
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

jenstc2003 wrote:I have always assumed it was something like this, Em!!! Nicely done!!!
Thanks...I like filling in the blanks from the epis.

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

This fills the blanks just nicely. Cynthia must have seen that the cure wears off, or the cure must have been overpowered once Coraline was severely injured. Thank you for updating!
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

Thanks Francis. I hope to have the final chapter done soon...

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

So now she's been "rescued!!" Good chapter... :thumbs:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

wpgrace wrote:So now she's been "rescued!!" Good chapter... :thumbs:
Thanks Wpgrace. Now she gets to work on the rest of her plan.

ash
Logan's WoW nemesis
Location: Trying juggle, homework, uni, a social life, rp and writing things that get stuck in my head. Tough

Post by ash »

If it had all worked out it would have been a very good plan, as they say about the best laid plans. I will say it is nice to have a friend like Cyn who would do anything for you.
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

ash wrote:If it had all worked out it would have been a very good plan, as they say about the best laid plans. I will say it is nice to have a friend like Cyn who would do anything for you.
Yes it would have....and there is still one more chapter if I can get RL to allow me time to write it...GRRRR.

mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

Great chapter!! Love this story!!!! Can't wait for the final chapter!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :hyper2: :woohoo: :gasp: :dizzy: :chin: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :hyper2: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :flowers:

mitzie :mooncat:
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

mitzie wrote:Great chapter!! Love this story!!!! Can't wait for the final chapter!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :hyper2: :woohoo: :gasp: :dizzy: :chin: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :hyper2: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :flowers:

mitzie :mooncat:
Thanks. I soo need to kick my muses in gear to finish this....

jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This fills in the blanks of how Cynthia got her out of the hospital.

Thanks, Emma!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

jen wrote:This fills in the blanks of how Cynthia got her out of the hospital.

Thanks, Emma!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
YOu are welcome..and thank you for reading!

Return to “The Plan”