Cold Therapy - PG - Champagne Challenge #104: Cluedo

A place for Lilly's G to PG-13 rated stories.
janicevictoria
Fledgling

Re: Cold Therapy - PG - Champagne Challenge #104: Cluedo

Post by janicevictoria »

Lilly that was hilarious! Mick as the ice cream man- that certainly would be a sight to see :snicker: The dialogue between Mick and Josef was bang on. I loved this bit
“Where the hell did you come from?”

“Europe, 1599.”
Too funny!

Thanks to Pinkiepie for my lovely banner
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

Besides being a real riot( :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: ), your story really captured the deep friendship between Mick and Josef!!!! Not just fluff!!!! :whistle: You write Mick and Josef extremely well and I love this story... :yahoo: :clapping: :cheer: :yahoo: :woohoo: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :coffee: :biggrin: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :heart: :giggle: :rose:

mitzie
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Oh my goodness! Trixie! :rose: I can't begin to tell you how much that means to me. You even alphabetized. :snicker:

MS, jv, lynn and mitzie -- thank you all so much for your kind words - and smilies. :)

Lynn, special thanks also to you for coming up with a great -- and, well, challenging -- prompt for this challenge. The watering can was the thing that got me started and I have to thank you for that. It just popped into my head right away that mortal Mick would be using it.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Once again. absolutely wonderful.

I thnk you have your finger on the pulse of several things here (no pun intended).

First, Josef is both his snarky self and yet has an intuitive feel for what Mick needs. The ice cream truck is funny and oddly sweet.

Another winner!
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
eris
Sire

Post by eris »

Well, I popped in here for a re-read of Point of Origin and spied a title I wasn't familiar with. I'm not sure how I missed this one, Lilly, but I'm glad I clicked on your wrong office and found it now.

This was so cute, but beneath the cute there was a real storyline and that made it all the better. The veneer of giving M something fun to do was just an excuse for J to keep looking after him like he always seemed to do. (And the eating of the ice cream was perfect :snicker: Reminds me of those Blue Bell commercials - "We eat what we can and sell the rest" with the delivery guy who shows up with 2 gallons left in his truck. :snicker: ) Even the kid's reaction to being offered free ice cream was spot on. That sad, but necessary, hint of suspicion before deciding whether or not to believe this strange guy who's handing out treats.

Bravo. :thumbs:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Thanks, Eris! :rose: Lucky for me your GPS was on the fritz. :snicker:

We don't get Blue Bell around here, so I haven't seen those commercials but I've always thought that it would be a problem for ME if I worked around a favorite food. Image And Mick did seem to be trying to make up for lost time...
eris wrote:...The veneer of giving M something fun to do was just an excuse for J to keep looking after him like he always seemed to do.
With Josef, there's almost always an ulterior motive, isn't there? Or, at least where his friend's concerned, a multi-faceted one.

Thanks so much for your comments.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

Just like everyone else, I find your Mick/Josef dialogue pretty spot-on. The teasing is definitely an overlay for the real love and concern that they have between them. Subtle and perfectly executed!

Now I never imagined in all these Cluedo Challenge fics that Mick would actually be the ice cream man! How inventive! I cracked up at the thought of him "eating up all the inventory" as Josef put it. Hilarious!

And throwing Logan in there as the recipient of a cold delivery was clever as well. Loved it!
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Just saw this in Active Topics and read it again.

Lilly, this is lovely. Josef is indulging Mick's obsessions while watching out for him. For a cold, calculating and occasionally ruthless vampire, he can be a very good friend. Mick may have had his share of traumas in his life, but he lucked out in the friend department.

You have a wonderful grasp of the Mick-Josef dynamic. It was one of the wonderful elements that makes Moonlight such a joy to watch again and again. If it were easy and automatic, every show would have examples of this kind of friendship, but it is far more rare. It was a synergy of writing, character development, actors that brought the characters to life and were able to play off each other seamlessly. Magic.

Thanks. Lilly!

Jenna

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
susieb
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by susieb »

Thank you, Lilly. This is deliciously silly. I love it! :heart: The bickering and snark is hilarious and so right. This IS Mick and Josef.

One of my favorite lines:
slumming with a do-it-yourself mortal
:rolling:

Actually, if I picked out all my faves, I could quote pretty much the whole story. :yahoo:
Susie

Sometimes the past doesn't catch up with you, it haunts you.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Thank you, Moonlighter, jen and susie! :rose: It really tickles me that this story still has "legs" even so long after the challenge.

I do wish we had seen more of Josef's immediate reaction to Mick's transformation. There was enormous potential there for all sorts of "awkward," as well as for some very deep discussion.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
susieb
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by susieb »

Lilly wrote: I do wish we had seen more of Josef's immediate reaction to Mick's transformation. There was enormous potential there for all sorts of "awkward," as well as for some very deep discussion.
Hmmm... Lilly, what might it take for us to coax your muse into giving us some of that Mick and Josef "awkward" and deep discussion after Mick's transformation? Just sayin'.... :pray:
Susie

Sometimes the past doesn't catch up with you, it haunts you.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

susieb wrote: Hmmm... Lilly, what might it take for us to coax your muse into giving us some of that Mick and Josef "awkward" and deep discussion after Mick's transformation? Just sayin'.... :pray:
I've been working on it, susie. They're just not speaking to each other right now. :roll:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

*creeps in quietly to feed chocolate and ice cream AB neg and A positive and single-malt to Lilly's muses*
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

allegrita wrote:*creeps in quietly to feed chocolate and ice cream AB neg and A positive and single-malt to Lilly's muses*
*quietly stands behind Alle to assist in this endeavor*
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

This challenge brought out some of the most original stories and Mick The Ice Cream Man is a personal favorite of mine.

Return to “Lilly's Office”