Beth's Anniversary Musings (G)

A place for Sumaire's G to PG-13 stories
Sumaire
Kostan Industries intern

Beth's Anniversary Musings (G)

Post by Sumaire »

Question? What would you do if you came face to face with something that shouldn’t exist? Something that up until the moment that you were faced with the reality of it; lived in the realm of make believe?

I was faced with those very questions two years ago today. So how did I handle that reality, deal with it you ask? At first I turned and walked away, telling myself that what I saw and was told couldn’t possibly be real. It was all a cruel joke somehow. How could someone that I felt such a connection with be, well for lack of a better term and common mythology, a monster?

It took three days for my curiosity to get the better of me, well that and to muster the courage to go and knock on the door, which I almost didn’t do. Which person would answer the door I remember wondering. I know now that there really isn’t a difference just two parts that make one whole caring, loving, dedicated, passionate yet at times tortured being that I will love for eternity.

Trust me when I say that I wasn’t prepared for what he told me that day and there have been times since that I have wondered what the hell I was doing. But truth be told, I can’t and won’t walk away now, just like I couldn’t walk away then. My life was forever changed that day and what a thrill ride it’s been. There have been incredible highs, like when I discovered that he was my guardian angel, that it was him that rescued me from who I now know what his not so dearly departed ex-wife at the age of four. A point that Aoife has explained to me tied us together forever; to unbelievable lows like when he almost died in the desert. That by the way is when I first realized that I was falling for him, even though I shouldn’t have been. I had a very “normal” boyfriend, now deceased as well, at home.

So how have I dealt with his world? By literally joining it. If it had been his choice, I would still be human. But as Aoife has pointed out to both of us on different occasions; the choice wasn’t his to make it was mine and I’m content with my decision. There is no way I could have left him behind. I truly believe that he would never been able to deal with it. Would I have chosen the circumstances in which I was turned; not in a million years. But it is what it is. In a way I should thank the deceased Duvall clan. If it hadn’t been for them I wouldn’t be what I am and my beloved wouldn’t be what he is.

Then of course there’s my family. Oh, I’m not talking about my biological family, I mean the beings that I’ve come to love and cherish. My life wouldn’t be complete without them.

First off, there’s Aoife. If not for her, the love of my life would be dead. She’s his sire, well the second time around anyway and a perfect one for him, and he is mine. But she’s so much more than that. Aoife’s mother, teacher, confidant and treasured friend and family member all rolled into one. I would give my life in an undead heartbeat for her.

Next is Josef. Dear snarky, hedonistic, soft hearted, old Josef. He’d stake me if he knew I’d called him old and soft hearted. Even though a stake would do nothing to me. A definite advantage of having one’s mate’s sire have that ability of stakes not paralyzing them. But I digress. Josef is my love’s best friend, more like brothers actually. In Josef we never have to worry about our backs, we know he’s got them. You should hear them sometimes though, they sound just like quarreling children. It’s all I can do not to laugh at the both of them at times.

Finally, there’s Selene, Kraven and Dr. Mike. Yes, even the undead need a doctor now and then. If there’s ever a being that I wouldn’t want to cross, it’s Selene. She’s one tough cookie with a heart of gold. And she’s probably the only person on the planet that can keep her mate Kraven, in line. Trust me when I say that it’s no small task either. Then there’s Mike, what to say about him. Well, besides being a doctor, he can kick ass with the best of them. Oh, and he has this thing for Aoife. I haven’t quite figured out what that thing is yet and they both are hush hush on the subject. Well, when you live potentially forever, I guess everyone has a history.

And last but most importantly, there’s the love of my life, my soul mate, the one I will gladly spend eternity with . . . Mick St. John. He’s the first thing on my mind when I wake and the last thing when I go to sleep. Oh, there are times that he drives me crazy but I wouldn’t change one second of my life with him.

So have you figured out what I am yet? Yes, I’m undead; yes I will live for a very, very long time. I’ll put it in as simple of terms as I can; I’m a vampire. I drink blood to survive, I sleep in a freezer, I heal almost instantly, I never get sick, etc. Not the life for everyone, but for me it’s perfect.

Beth stopped typing as she heard the freezer door open. She smiled as Mick walked out of the freezer room in his white lounging pants. Her eyes followed him as he walked over to the side table and poured himself a glass of blood. He drank it down quickly, poured another and padded over to the bed on which Beth sat. Beth patted her hand on the bed next to him as invitation for him to join her. In the blink of an eye Mick was leaning on the pillows next to her. He leaned over and gave her a soulful evening kiss.

“So how did you sleep?” Beth reached over and wiped a small drip of blood from the edge of Mick’s mouth, then licked it off her finger.

“Fine.” Mick leaned over to see what she was up to. “What’s that?”

“Just some musings. Read it if you want. I’m going to erase it anyway. Can’t leave something like this lying around.” Beth turned the laptop to face him. As Mick read what she’d written, Beth watched the change of emotions float across his face. She felt them as well. When he’d finished she asked “So, what do you think?”

“Very insightful. But why write all of this down?” Mick turned the keyboard back to face her and then put his arm around her shoulder, pulling Beth closer to him.

“Well, I always think better when I write things down. All of this stuff has been flying around in my head for a while now and I figured today would be a good day to get it out.” Beth layed her head down on Mick’s shoulder.

“Ah, so all better now?”

Beth reached over and placed her finger on the delete key. As she pushed it down she said, “Yep. Much.”
coco
Cleaner

Re: Beth's Anniversary Musings (G)

Post by coco »

Oh that just made me smile the biggest smile. :biggrin:

Lovely Sumaire :thumbs:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Lovely.

Thanks.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

Beautiful!! :heart: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :hyper2: :woohoo: :groupwave: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :hearts: :hyper2:

mitzie :mooncat:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Just found this again and reread this wonderful fic.

Yum!!!

Thanks!

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix

Return to “Sumaire's Office”