Christmas Revisited - Part 3 (PG)

A place for Sumaire's G to PG-13 stories
Sumaire
Kostan Industries intern

Christmas Revisited - Part 3 (PG)

Post by Sumaire »

Usual disclaimers, not mine just borrowing

Part Three

Beth and Aoife were laughing hysterically as the elevator opened to the penthouse.

“It seriously blew up?” Beth asked, desperately trying to catch her breath. She held her hand against the elevator door so that Aoife could get out with the tree.

“Yep. All over the kitchen. Jordan was absolutely beside himself. It took us three hours to get it all cleaned up.”

Beth clicked the fob and the penthouse door swung open. “Did he ever make that recipe again?” She walked through the door and dropped the various bags in the foyer.

“Nope.” Aoife walked in behind her carrying the tree. “So where do you want this?”

Beth surveyed the loft. “How about there, in between the living room and the dining room?”

“Sounds good to me.” Aoife took the tree to the designated spot. “Can you bring me the tree stand?”

“Sure.” Beth rummaged through the sacks and pulled out the stand. She headed over to where Aoife was and put the stand on the floor. “Do you need any help setting it up?”

“Na. Being able to control things with ones mind does have its advantages.”

Beth giggled in response. “I suppose it does.” She turned and headed into the kitchen. “Do you want anything to drink?”

“Ummm. You wouldn’t happen to have any B- would you?”

“Actually, I do.”

It was Aoife’s turn to giggle. “Now why would you have that? Mick doesn’t drink that.”

“I stopped to get a six pack for Mick after I talked to you. I mentioned that you were coming for Christmas. Guillermo pulled out a couple of them for you.”

“That man has quite the memory. I haven’t gotten anything from him in ages.” Aoife finished securing the tree, stood up and stepped back. “There. What do you think?”

“Beth walked back up and handed Aoife a zombie glass filled with blood. “Looks naked.”

Aoife chucked softly. “So it does. Let’s get those ornaments out of the bags and boxes and on this tree.”

It took the two women a couple of hours to get the tree exactly the way they wanted it, but at about 3:00 in the morning Beth finally announced “It’s perfect!” She padded over and collapsed onto the couch.

Aoife stood next to the tree looking at it closely. “I’d say you were spot on Ms. Turner.” She turned and headed back into the kitchen to pour herself another drink. She smiled as she heard Beth stifle a yawn. “So, don’t you think that it’s time for you to hit the hay?” She asked as she headed back into the living room and plopped down on the opposite end of the couch.

Beth yawned again. “Yeah, I guess so. So where are you going to sleep, or are you going to?”

“I need to get freezer time, so I thought that I’d use Mick’s freezer since he’s not. If that’s alright with you, of course.”

“No, that’s fine. It’s not like he’s here to use it.” Aoife couldn’t help but notice the frustrated tone in Beth’s voice.

“Beth, trust me. Mick does want to be here. I felt it. But letting go of the guilt that he has is going to be really hard for him. After this long, his self-loathing is so ingrained in him, telling you and forgiving himself is not just stepping out of the box its smashing it into a million pieces.”

“It’s that big, huh?” Beth pulled her legs up to her chest.

“For him it is.” Aoife stood, stifling her own yawn. “Come on, it’s 3:30 in the morning. We’re both exhausted. We can talk about this, say eight to ten hours from now.”

Beth stood, stretching. “Yeah, I guess so. I just keep hoping that he’ll walk through the door.”

Aoife reached out and felt for Mick. “Sorry. Won’t be happening tonight. He’s still out cold. Although I don’t know how restive his sleep will be.”

Beth headed for the stairs with Aoife right behind her. “Why?”

“He fell asleep in a chair. The feeling I get is that he hasn’t had any freezer time since he left.”

“Ah. So if he does come home, he’ll be very grumpy.”

“That’s putting it mildly.” Aoife walked over to the gray door that led to Mick’s freezer. “Good night, Beth.”

“Night, Aoife.” Beth turned to head into the master suite. “Hey, Aoife?”

Aoife popped her head back out of the door. “Yes?”

“Can you make me breakfast in the morning?”

Aoife laughed hard. “Sure. Tell you what. We’ll even do the whole Christmas baking thing. I haven’t made cookies and such in a couple of years. I’ll teach you all of Jordan’s favorite recipes.”

“Oh, wow. Really?”

“Definitely. Good night, Beth.” Aoife closed the door, stripped and was in the freezer and out in record time.

Beth undressed, threw on her favorite comfy pj’s and climbed into bed. She missed Mick terribly. It felt strange falling asleep without his strong arms around her. She hated it when he had to go out of town. But this time it was even worse, he was hurting and there was no way she could help him until he let her. Damn him. She drifted off into a fitful sleep.

Beth woke to the smells of apples and cinnamon. She stretched, sat up and grabbed her robe that was lying on the edge of the bed. She pulled it on and padded downstairs. “Merry Christmas, Aoife!” She said cheerily.

Aoife looked up from the stove, smiled and reached up to shut off the timer. She pulled on a set of hot pads, opened the oven, reached in and retrieved a pie tin with what Beth assumed was her breakfast on top of the stove.

Aoife took off the hot pads and turned to face Beth. “Happy Holidays to you too, Beth.”

Beth watched as Aoife cut the dish into slices and placed a couple of them on a plate and set it in front of her. “What is this?”

Aoife chuckled. “Try it.”

Beth picked up the fork and took a bite. The concoction melted in her mouth. She couldn’t help but let out an appreciated groan. Aoife laughed again. “That good, huh?”

“Oh my god. It’s fabulous. So, what is it?”

“It’s a German apple pancake. Jordan always made them for the whole staff on Christmas morning.” Beth had finished the portion that had been on her plate and held it up for more. Aoife happily obliged.

Beth continued eating, but she kept glancing at Aoife, who could tell something was on the mortal’s mind. “Okay, human. Out with it. Something other than Mick is on your mind.”

“Nothing.” Beth said through a mouthful of food.

“Wrong answer. Vampire, remember?”

Beth finished her second helping and leaned back in the dining room chair. “Damn, it’s so unfair.”

“What is?”

“I can’t hide anything from you.” Beth pouted.

“Deal. Seriously, though; what’s up?”

“Well, when I talked to you yesterday, you said the Christ child and then this morning when I wished you Merry Christmas, you said Happy Holidays.”

“Yes I did. So?”

“Why?” Beth stood, picked up her cup of coffee and went into the living room where Aoife was already sitting.

“I don’t usually celebrate Christmas, Beth.”

“What? Everyone celebrates Christmas.”

“I know it seems that way, but in actually a large part of the world doesn’t.”

“Like who?”

“Well let’s see off the top of my head, Muslims, Buddists, Jews, Pagans. . .”

“Yeah, I guess I see your point. But it sounds like you celebrated with Jordan.”

“I did. He was a Christian and I loved him. He knew it wasn’t my holiday and he appreciated that I celebrated it with him anyway.”

“So what do you celebrate?”

“The Yule?”

“Like in the Yule log?”

“Exactly.”

“When is that?”

“The winter solstice.”

“Oh.” Beth looked down, embarrassed.

“Beth, its fine. I’m enjoying doing this with you. Now go get dressed, we have cookies to make.” At that, Beth’s face lit up. She bound upstairs and got dressed in record time.

The two friends spent the rest of the afternoon and early evening baking away. Neither realized how late it was until they heard the front door click.

“It’s already seven o’clock?” Beth glanced from the clock on the stove to Aoife.

“So it is.” Aoife finished the last of the dishes and wiped her hands.

Josef walked in, a bag in both hands. “Merry Christmas, you two.” He looked at the tree, smiled and walked over to it. He pulled two presents out of the bags and placed them under the tree. “Went Celtic, I see.”

“Is there any other way?” Aoife responded, humor in her voice.

“For you, no.” Josef walked over and gave Beth a hug. “Been busy I see. Are you planning on feeding the 42nd Regiment?”

Beth punched him in the arm. “No. Aoife taught me all of Jordan’s favorite recipes.”

“Ah. So why don’t you get cleaned up and get over here.” Josef walked into the living room and sat down. Aoife glided over to him and handed him a glass of blood laced wine. Beth quickly washed her hands and headed to the couch. Aoife handed her a glass of wine as well. She sat down in another one of the chairs.

“So what’s with the presents, Josef?” Aoife motioned towards the gifts with her head.

“Oh, just a couple of trinkets that I picked up.” He stood, went over to the tree and retrieved the gifts, handing one to Aoife and another one to Beth. Both women just looked at them. “Well open them.” Josef said as he retook his seat.

Aoife watched in amusement as Beth eagerly tore the wrapping paper off the box. Her eyes widened in surprise at the gift inside. “Josef, it’s beautiful.” She pulled the crystal figurine out of the box and placed it on the coffee table.

“An angel, Josef?” Aoife asked.

“Well, Beth is always calling Mick her guardian angel, so when I saw this in an antique shop, I thought of her.”

“Oh, thank you Josef.” Beth stood and gave him a hug.

Josef laughed. “Your welcome. That’s Waterford Crystal by the way.”

“Leave it to you Josef.” Aoife pulled the paper that she had undone off of her present and opened the box. A look of total shock came to her face.

“Josef, where did you find this?”

“Same shop actually. Isn’t that the piece of Balleek china that you were missing?”

“Yes.” She gave him a knowing look. “You called Selene, didn’t you?”

“My lips are sealed.”

“Yeah, whatever.” Beth watched the two vampires, amused. A pang of longing came to her. Mick should be here too.

As if on cue, Josef and Aoife looked at each other. Beth knew that look. She heard the elevator chime that it had reached its destination.
coco
Cleaner

Re: Christmas Revisited - Part 3 (PG)

Post by coco »

Yay! Mick has come back. Here's hoping the talk goes well. :fingerscrossed:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Christmas Revisited - Part 3 (PG)

Post by francis »

Josef knows how to surprise his friends.
Mick is back? Mick is back!!! :hyper2:

Return to “Sumaire's Office”