Christmas Revisited Part 2 (PG)

A place for Sumaire's G to PG-13 stories
Sumaire
Kostan Industries intern

Christmas Revisited Part 2 (PG)

Post by Sumaire »

Usual Disclaimers - not mine, just borrowing.

Part Two

Mick was dragging when he reached the motel again. He’d traipsed around the city following the mark and had gotten the pictures that his client wanted, so there was no real reason to stay any longer. His freezer was calling to him. It had been two days since he had really slept. He missed Beth terribly. Of all the run down motels, this idiot has to stay in one that doesn’t have an icemaker. Going home today just didn’t seem to be an option. In his exhausted state the memories of Christmas’s past came flooding into his mind. He just couldn’t face Beth on Christmas; he wouldn’t ruin her day too.

He walked over to the cooler, opened it and pulled out the last bag of blood. Damn. I can’t make it through Christmas on this. He dejectedly grabbed his mug off of the end table next to the bed, poured half of the pint into it and took a long drink. He walked the few steps to the ratty old chair near the window, collapsed into it, sighing deeply. Mick turned to look out of the window. Soon the flashing lights of the neon signs across the street lulled him into a mindless stupor.

Aoife sat on her jet, looking out the window and the world whizzing by below her, quietly contemplating. She decided to see if she could get some idea as to why Mick was reacting to Christmas the way he was. She gently reached out and touched his mind. Getting no resistance, she probed further. A look of sadness came to her face when she reached the sad and disturbing memories.

Mick.

Mick stirred just a little as he felt Aoife. He couldn’t help smile just a little. Hey.

Talk to me

Mick took another drink. There’s nothing to say, Aoife. I’ll go home as soon as Christmas is over.

Mick, I saw the memories. When are you going to stop running?

I’m not.

Who are you trying to convince, yourself or me
?

Mick reached up and angrily wiped away the tears that were threatening to fall. I just can’t. She’ll hate me. She’ll see me as a monster.

Dear heart, life’s painful sometimes. Is this how you want Beth to remember you’re first Christmas as a couple? That her boyfriend ran instead of facing the pain and getting past it?

No, of course not.

Then let Beth in. Let her help you heal. She’s not naïve; she knows that you have a past.

How do I explain it to her, when I can even explain it to myself?

By just talking it out, Mick. No, it’s not going to be easy, but none of it was your fault.

Yes, it was.

Damn it, Mick! It was not! He made the choice, not you
. There was silence on the other end. Aoife could feel the maelstrom of emotions coming from Mick.

I just can’t face it this year, Aoife. I’m not strong enough.

Yes, you are. Go home, Mick. Love has an amazing way of healing if you let it.

I don’t know. She’ll hate me.

Again, Mick. None of it was your fault. Don’t you think sixty-three years is more than long enough to beat yourself up for things that you had no control over
?

It’s not just that, Aoife. I ruined so many Christmas’s for so many other families.

Mick, you were young and we both know what kind of twisted mind Coraline had. It’s time to forgive yourself and let it go.

Yeah
. Mick was having a hard time focusing. The lack of sleep and freezer time was taking its toll.

Aoife could feel Mick drifting off to sleep. She sighed and shook her head. I hope he changes his mind for both of their sakes. The fasten your seatbelts sign came on. Aoife put the seatbelt on and readied herself for landing.

Beth was waiting not so patiently for Aoife’s plane to land and taxi into Josef’s private hanger. Christmas, although far from perfect, the person she wanted most to be there was still mia, was; thanks to Aoife and Josef at least going to be bearable. Beth ran over to the plane as Aoife walked down the steps.

“Aoife!”

“Hey, Beth.” Aoife gave her a hug.

“Any better?”

Beth opened the trunk of her car. “Not really. I tried texting Mick a while ago, but so far no answer, again.” Beth’s voice held the tone of sadness and frustration.

Aoife set her luggage in the trunk and shut it. “Doesn’t surprise me. He’s out cold.” She walked over to the passenger door and opened it.

Beth opened the driver’s side door and climbed in. “How do you know that?”

“I talked to him.” Aoife got in and shut the door.

“How? He hasn’t answered any of my calls for two days now.” Beth started the car and pulled out.

“I didn’t use the phone.”

“Oh.” Beth thought for a moment. “So do you know why?”

“Yes.”

“Why then?”

“Beth, he needs to tell you. It’s the only way he can get past this.”

Beth sighed sadly. “I swear that man has more skeletons . . .”

“Yeah, well when you live forever there usually are, even more when you have Coraline as your sire.”

“She’s really that evil?”

“She’s a product of her sire, who’s one of the most twisted vampires I know.”

“Wonderful.” Beth sat contemplating for a few moments. “So why is Mick not more like her?”

“His personality, Josef . . .” Beth turned to look at Aoife in surprise. Aoife laughed. “Yes, Josef. You know he has rules, right?” Beth nodded. “Coraline has always had the bare minimum, whatever she could get away with. But I suspect the biggest part was you.”

“Mick’s said that on more than one occasion.”

“Some people should never have been turned.”

“Like Mick?”

“Exactly.”

“Why?”

“Again, his personality. But fate obviously had other ideas.”

“I’m glad it did.”

Aoife smiled. “I’m sure you are. Try not to be too hard on him Beth. If he does come back and tells you, it’s going to be a lot to process.”

“I’ll keep that in mind.”

“So, got a tree yet?”

Beth giggled. “Nope.”

“Well, let’s go find one!”
coco
Cleaner

Re: Christmas Revisited Part 2 (PG)

Post by coco »

Mick needs to show some faith in Beth - she'll cope.
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Christmas Revisited Part 2 (PG)

Post by francis »

Mick is lucky to have a telepathic sire/friend. I hope he comes around.

Return to “Sumaire's Office”