An unexpected Gift -(PG13) Mick/Cora/Beth

A place for Emma-lee's G to PG-13 stories
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

An unexpected Gift -(PG13) Mick/Cora/Beth

Post by Emma-lee »

A/N: This is my response to a 2 hour writing challenge. I hope you enjoy my first attempt at posting a fic without my Beta...thanks to Ash for reading it over for me. As always i do not own Moonlight only Wish I did.

An Unexpected Gift

The mailman has delivered a package to the office of Mick St. John, PI. over an hour ago. It is still on the desk in its neat brown wrapping, a few scratches here and there from the mailing process. Nothing looks dangerous about it, no strange smells, nothing ticking inside. No, the only thing keeping him from opening the package was the return address.
Morgan Vincent, Paris France.

He hasn’t heard from her in three years, she is presumed dead at the hands of her family. Now a package from her lands on his desk. He carefully opens it, afraid of what he will find inside. A small box with a letter folded around it, falls out. He places the box aside to read the letter.

Dearest Mick,

I know how you tried to come after me to save me from Lance. It was very sweet of you to try knowing how powerful Lance is. I was glad to see he let you go. I also know the reason you came after me was not for the cure. You had that, but it was out of concern, that meant more than anything else you could have done. By now you have realized that I did not die at my family’s hands. I managed to escape, for how long I do not know. But I do want you to know I love you, always have and always will. Enclosed is a small token of my love for you, my husband, and my fledgling.

Love,
Coraline

With shaking hands he put down the letter and opens the box, inside was the cure. He looks at it in disbelief. How did she get this to him? Quickly putting the lid back on and sliding it into the top drawer of his desk. He re-reads the letter. The love that Coraline still has for him is obvious. It brings back the feelings he had once had for her, but he thought they had died when she did. Now that she was not dead, what does that mean? Just how did he feel about it?

“Mick…Are you almost ready, we are going to be late for our one year anniversary dinner.” Beth calls from the loft. He sighs and tucks the letter in the drawer with the box. It was not coincidence that the gift shows up today, she was watching and waiting for him. The question remains, will he still want her when Beth is gone?

Wonderful banner by Redwinter101, Avatar by Jen.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: An unexpected Gift -(PG13) Mick/Cora/Beth

Post by cassysj »

Really interesting. It is a question for Mick to ponder. If he and Beth only have her human lifetime that gives him eternity to re-introduce himself to Coraline.
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

Wow, this packs a punch! "Will he stil want her after Beth is gone?" Wow.
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

This one is a punch in the gut, for Mick and for me. Coraline knows how to make a gift at the hour it's most effective. Another anniversary dinner ruined for Beth, huh? I guess Mick will certainly be thinking more about Coraline now than about Beth for a while. He has a lot to ponder.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

One can definitely argue that time is on her side... and history too... but the cure? That buys her even more traction I would say!!! Very fun Em!
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
JosefsRose
Freelance freshie

Post by JosefsRose »

That was a thoughtful piece. Mick would think deeply on the questions posed.

Jenny
What Josef want's. Josef gets!

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Of course he went after her. And of course she found a way to make her considerable presence felt. I would have loved to have seen a Beth/Cora showdown in season two - and I love that you've given us the beginnings of it with this story.

Super!

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
RangerCM
Rogue vampire

Post by RangerCM »

Oooooo.....that wicked, wicked Coraline. <hehe> Very well done.
banner by Cprav
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Just can't keep that Cora down!! I guess you don't live that long as a vamp without cunning and evil smarts.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Wow! Now both Mick and Beth have something secret hidden in a drawer... Beth, the BC, and Mick, the Cure. Interesting that they're both flirting with the other one's condition.

Coraline is a survivor; she's smart and patient. She knows she has time on her side, too. But she's not above stirring the anthill just a bit, to see the little insects run about... :snicker:

Mick's question at the end is very interesting, both for his uncertainty about his future feelings for Coraline, and for his certainty that he will never turn Beth. Hmmmmm! This is a really thought-provoking story.
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Post by jenstc2003 »

OOOH Em! Beautifully done! It is SO like Cora to wait till Mick was happy before she insinuates herself back into his life again. I loved it!
Jen

Mick's Synful One
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

cassysj wrote:Really interesting. It is a question for Mick to ponder. If he and Beth only have her human lifetime that gives him eternity to re-introduce himself to Coraline.
Thanks...it is a question to ponder. Cause I don't see him turning Beth so....
wollstonecraft61 wrote:Wow, this packs a punch! "Will he stil want her after Beth is gone?" Wow.
Yes the ending was not how I was going to write it. Cora had her own ideas of how it should end and she won.
francis wrote:This one is a punch in the gut, for Mick and for me. Coraline knows how to make a gift at the hour it's most effective. Another anniversary dinner ruined for Beth, huh? I guess Mick will certainly be thinking more about Coraline now than about Beth for a while. He has a lot to ponder.
Yes Coraline has the best timing does she not??
wpgrace wrote:One can definitely argue that time is on her side... and history too... but the cure? That buys her even more traction I would say!!! Very fun Em!
Thanks, Coramuse saw the prompt and literally screamed at me until I wrote it.
JosefsRose wrote:That was a thoughtful piece. Mick would think deeply on the questions posed.

Jenny
Thanks, it certainly does give Mick alot to think about.
redwinter101 wrote:Of course he went after her. And of course she found a way to make her considerable presence felt. I would have loved to have seen a Beth/Cora showdown in season two - and I love that you've given us the beginnings of it with this story.

Super!

Red
Thanks...I definately think he would have gone after her, it is in his nature. A Beth/Cora showdown would have been great.
RangerCM wrote:Oooooo.....that wicked, wicked Coraline. <hehe> Very well done.
Thanks and i think Cora considers wicked as a compliment..LOL
Fleur de Lisa wrote:Just can't keep that Cora down!! I guess you don't live that long as a vamp without cunning and evil smarts.
No she is truly an immortal being...she definately has the cunning and smarts.
allegrita wrote:Wow! Now both Mick and Beth have something secret hidden in a drawer... Beth, the BC, and Mick, the Cure. Interesting that they're both flirting with the other one's condition.

Coraline is a survivor; she's smart and patient. She knows she has time on her side, too. But she's not above stirring the anthill just a bit, to see the little insects run about... :snicker:

Mick's question at the end is very interesting, both for his uncertainty about his future feelings for Coraline, and for his certainty that he will never turn Beth. Hmmmmm! This is a really thought-provoking story.
I never gave it a thought about the BC. So yeah they both are keeping secrets, I wonder who finds out first, the reporter or the PI? Cora loves to stir the pot. The ending i can't take credit for..that was all Coramuse.
jenstc2003 wrote:OOOH Em! Beautifully done! It is SO like Cora to wait till Mick was happy before she insinuates herself back into his life again. I loved it!
Thank you....Yes Cora likes to make the grand entrance.

coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Very interesting Emma-lee. Leaves Mick something to ponder. :thumbs:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

ooh... this puts a slightly different angle on things EL. So he's not going to take the cure to be with Beth? Interesting.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

coco wrote:Very interesting Emma-lee. Leaves Mick something to ponder. :thumbs:
Thanks. Mick has some tough decisions to make.
Luxe de Luxe wrote:ooh... this puts a slightly different angle on things EL. So he's not going to take the cure to be with Beth? Interesting.
Yes he likes being a vampire now....

Return to “Emma-lee's Office”