Afterglow, part eleven (M/B/J, PG-13)

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Afterglow, part eleven (M/B/J, PG-13)

Post by francis »

Oh, redwinter, you tear at my heart with this chapter. Mick’s letters show how grief breaks a person, and I can relate to him, having lost loved ones.
Then he comforts her, and it’s so sweet and good.

But now you tell us what Josef did to get this reprise, and it pains me to what lengths he had to go, and that it might all be for nothing because the minions aren’t keeping their mouth shut. Now the deal with Laszlo is in the open and did I get it right that he bought Mick and Beth only a year anyway?

I really hope Josef found a solution in the three days he took time out.

Josef snark when he encounters Mick and Beth was really a nice respite from the tension and angst. But it was way too short. Beth seems to be more accepting of their fate. So, who will be safe? Do they take Mick away paralized, or do they get Beth and he is just paralized to keep him from lashing out? Evil cliffie. I’m so sorry that Josef had to do this, make this decision. I wonder what kind of loyalty he will show in the end, but a decision had to be made. I hope he has some ace in his sleeves or I will probably not survive your next chapter.

I cried reading this. I hardly ever cry.
I want a happy end, dammit!!!
Sumaire
Kostan Industries intern

Post by Sumaire »

Oooooooohhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil Evil Redwinter. Finish it soon please???????? :fingerscrossed: :scary:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

CarolBee, okay, your comment made me squee - not just because you came back for a re-read, but to hear that this story has evoked that kind of emotion really is the most wonderful compliment. Thank you. :rose:

francis, oh my - I made you cry. I shouldn't be a little pleased - but I'm afraid I am. Your analysis of the ending and the possible outcomes is absolutely correct - but I'm not giving anything else away. And, er, yes, that cliffie was evil. :devil:

Sumaire, :devil: :devil: the ending will be up just as soon as it's done.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Ok I thought I struggled through part 10 but then I read this one. :hankie:

Red I was holding my breath throughout this. I knew something was coming and while I smiled through the beginning of this while they shared time together being married and just being together I had an overall sense of despair and doom while reading it.

The tears are ever-present again (I'm getting used to that with this story ;) ) and I was completely gone while Beth read his letters. I was hoping we'd get to experience some of the things Mick wrote in earlier chapters and they didn't disappoint. How connected they both are and how desperate Mick was without her. I'm so pleased Beth got to know that. Beautifully done Red.

A little joy for them being back together just didn't seem like enough time and then the Josef section proved that. He was out of answers and solutions and you just knew that time was up and whatever he had agreed to was about to happen. :confused2:

And then that cliffie ending. Bad Red. :snicker: My heart is breaking for all 3 of them and I have no idea what is coming in the final chapter and while I really can't wait to get there (not that I'm pressuring you for an update :hug: ) part of me never wants to get there as that means this story is over.

Just wonderful Red. :heart:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

*offers coco hankies and chocolates*

And I think I should give fair warning about the final chapter - um, probably not to be read at work, k?

I'm so happy you liked the letters - I wrote them as I was writing the story so by the time I got to this chapter I had about 20 to choose from and I tried to pick my favourites (it was hard though :snicker: ). It was one of my favourite choices (to have Mick write to Beth every day) and I always planned to have Beth find and read the letters.

And you're right. I am bad. But you still love me though, right?

Red :heart:

coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

redwinter101 wrote:*offers coco hankies and chocolates*

And I think I should give fair warning about the final chapter - um, probably not to be read at work, k?

I'm so happy you liked the letters - I wrote them as I was writing the story so by the time I got to this chapter I had about 20 to choose from and I tried to pick my favourites (it was hard though :snicker: ). It was one of my favourite choices (to have Mick write to Beth every day) and I always planned to have Beth find and read the letters.

And you're right. I am bad. But you still love me though, right?

:thanks: for the warning. I'm technically not supposed to read the boards at work anyway (doesn't always happen that way though :snicker: ) but I'll take note for the final chapter and save it til I get home where I will have lots of hankies and chocolate to see me through. :D

Oh, and yes I do. :smooch:

(You're going to torture me with the final update, aren't you? :snicker: )
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

*loves coco*

There might be a teeny bit of torture involved. :whistle:

Red

starbucksjunkie
Logan's WoW nemesis
Location: Home drinking my own Starbucks and watching my DVDs. There's a recession on!

Post by starbucksjunkie »

red,

I've said this before, but before we reach our final desination, it bears repeating.

You are breaking our hearts slowly, tenderly, and with great skill.

The letters are a stroke of genius. When it's all said and done, perhaps the best part of this story, for reasons that I'll share with you after you post the final chapter.

I'm with allegrita. I can't comment at length because this story just gives me such great and exquisite pain.

But please know that I have loved every single word. Every one. No matter what the future holds.

"There is a degree to which . . . all literature, highbrow or low, from the Aeneid onward, is fan fiction . . . retelling and reimagining the stories that were told before us and that we have come of age loving--amateurs--we proceed, seeking out the blank places in the map that our favorite writers . . . have left for us . . ." -- Michael Chabon, Maps and Legends
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

Alright, Red, I say this with all the love in my heart, but damn you! How can you make me love a story that is so completely heartwrenching, emotionally draining and potentially scary as hell? Honestly, I feel as drained as a victim of a vampire attack.

But the letters -- oh, those gorgeous letters! The image of Beth surrounded by the love of her Mick on paper was magnificent. I was so glad he came down to comfort her and assure her that he was past that now, that their future was what was important. I kinda hope after you post the finale ('cuz this is an episode, not just a story) you make a special post and just have all the letters from Mick, and maybe whatever Beth was writing to count down the days of their separation. I would love to have a "behind-the-scenes" sneak peek at them!

And now is where I go off the deep end because I am an eternal optimist. First of all, I really need to know what the instructions were that Josef gave to Paul. I have unfailing faith in Josef that he will somehow pull Plan (fill in letter here) out of his ass because his words at the end -- "I couldn't save you both" -- are pointless IMHO. If Beth is killed, or even just sent away, then Mick for all intents and purposes is dead as well because he will either kill himself or spend the rest of his life searching for her, and either way Josef will lose them both. I don't think he's taking that option. So, here I am, the ostrich with her head in the sand, waiting for you to slay us all with some kind of killer ending that will set us back on our heels, saying "Well I'll be damned!" And I could be wrong -- so sue me!

So, so good Red. There's no way I won't be back for the final chapter(s). Bring it on!
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

sbj, :rose: :rose: I will hold you to that explanation as I am intrigued... Such kind words from a writer I admire so much are very touching. Thank you.

Moonlighter, what a super comment. I really, really appreciate it. The letters aren't really in a postable format but I'll see about tidying them up and posting once I've finished the story. I love your optimism at the ending but I'm feeling the pressure to come up with a miracle... :confused2: :confused2: All I can say is that this story started with the ending - I know how it ends and I just hope you all approve.

cancan22
Mortal

Post by cancan22 »

Red, this chapter sent me from one emotion to the next.Beth reading her letters, my heart was contracting for the both of them. And Josef has been suffering for so long with the quilt. What has he done? MickBeth have to get back together, they just have to. Mick cannot live without her. He will never forgive Josef for getting his Beth back and then ripping her away from him again. Please make it all better :hankie:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This is so amazingly awesome. I am speechless and totally hooked.

Oh, yes please. Please pull off a miracle here!!!

Your writing is fabulous.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
RangerCM
Rogue vampire

Post by RangerCM »

Nooooo! I was afraid it was something like this. But only a month??!!! I just can't believe Josef will accept that. He's GOT to have something planned......he's just GOT to........ right?? :hankie: :hankie: :hankie:
banner by Cprav
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

cancan22, thank you :rose: . But I can't promise to make it all better - there's a price to pay and someone has to pay it.

jen, how lovely! Thank you. There will be an ending that will tie everything up, but I can't promise a miracle I'm afraid.

RangerCM, what is Josef's plan? Mmm, just have to wait to find out I'm afraid. :devil:

Red

DeJean76
Mortal

Post by DeJean76 »

Red
I have only been reading ML FF for a few months. I "discovered" ML in December after I watched the ending of the series on You Tube. YES, I watched the final apartment scene BEFORE anything else.. LOL! After that I had to see the entire series and couldn't wait until Jan 20th for the DVD release, so I downloaded at least 33 You Tube ML videos of the season. A few weeks after that is when I "found" ML FF! Moonlight was TRULY a lifesaver for me because of the many hours I had to spend at a Nursing Home with my 90 yr old Mother (she fell Dec 8th and was in rehab) not including the two hospital stays between December through February 3rd. I rarely slept and my laptop along with Moonlight "stuff" sure kept me busy! Actually, that was the only pleasant thing over the two months. Mama passed away on February 3rd. March 11th my 24 year old son went snowboarding in Vermont (We live in Jacksonville, FL) and fell off the side of a mountain? very steep incline while hiking, he fell between 60-80 ft breaking many bones in his young body including his hip. We were in Vermont for over two weeks. My point in telling you all of this is that I have spent MUCH time.. I mean MANY hours reading ML FF, through everything over the last five months that has happened, and still to this day I am discovering MORE FF sites in search of new reads.

I have read so MANY ML stories and this is the FIRST time I have EVER left a comment. I haven't because I don't have an Icon or banner and I was embarrassed to post. I know...that is totally lame. LOL!

This story has grabbed me like only a few other stories have been able to do. I am afraid I am not able to communicate my feelings quite as eloquently as many of the others ladies comments; but, this story has struck about every emotional chord I have in my mind! I do love the "gut wrenching" stories and like many others...I do love the more "happily ever" endings. LOL! I realize everything is not going to be perfect with this ending...I honestly don't know how you could ever accomplish that. LOL! I just wanted you to know I absolutely LOVE Afterglow! I subscribed the minute I finished reading it! I am CONSTANTLY checking my email for updates!!!

Keep up the great work girfriend! And, thank you so very much for sharing your gift/talent of writing! :groupwave:

Sorry, this was so wordy!

DeJean

Return to “Afterglow”