Afterglow, part eleven (M/B/J, PG-13)

JJRose
Kostan Industries intern

Re: Afterglow, part eleven (M/B/J, PG-13)

Post by JJRose »

Well, so she did read the letters...those remarkable letters that remind us why we all fell in love with Mick, and certainly why Beth loves him enough to die for him. Just not in quite the happy context I had originally anticipated.

Masterful work, Red. I can admire the skill in it even as you are shredding my poor MickBeth heart into little pieces.
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

DeJean76 wrote:I rarely slept and my laptop along with Moonlight "stuff" sure kept me busy! Actually, that was the only pleasant thing over the two months.
Welcome, DeJean76! I enjoyed reading your entire post, but I just wanted to say 1 - I'm sorry to hear about your mother and your son's accident, and 2 - Moonlight is the kind of thing that can totally take you away from RL (real life) and deliver you into a world of fantasy, action, heros and love. That's why here we all are, almost 2 years after the premiere of Moonlight and a year past its cancellation, still reading about it, writing about it, mourning it and loving it. ALL of it (Nina!) So your post was par for the course and I just wanted to let you know it was no where near too wordy IMHO -- it was kinda perfect in fact.

Again, welcome!
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

DeJean, what a wonderful comment. Truly, you've made my day (week, month...). Not just your first post, for which I am honoured, but that you signed up to the site for this story, well, I'm a little :blushing: and a little :cloud9: . It sounds like you've had a traumatic year (I hope your son is on the mend) and it seems that so many of us ML fans found something in the show that spoke to us in a very personal way, helped us through a tough time and gave us an escape from the pressures and strains of real life. I certainly know that's how it was for me. I'd given up writing fiction until ML inspired me to give it another shot and I thank everyone involved with the show, every day, for that and for introducing me to such a wonderful online community - and I'm so glad you're part of it too.

Please don't worry about not having an icon or a banner (although I'd be happy to help you get them set up if you'd like to have them) and I'm sure I speak for every single writer when I say you don't ever, ever need to apologise for long comments - they are the only payment we get, and they are more precious than any financial reward.

I'll see you for the final chapter, I hope. :heart:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

JJRose, she got to read them. She knows. I had to make sure she knows. And now she's ready to do whatever she has to do to keep her love safe.

Moonlighter, :hug: well said, sweetie. I can't imagine a time when I will not be totally, utterly, completely in love with ML and I know that here, I am among friends.

Red

Raven
Fledgling

Post by Raven »

"Yeah I know who you are, Kostan, and that you've pledged your loyalty to the Legion. :gasp:
I knew Josef had somehow sold himself...but this... He had been a fool to think a lifetime of servitude was bearable....oh boy...well, if anyone can extract himself from hell, it's Josef.
Beth, so brave, so strong as Mick is taken...but I'm shocked that Josef chose Beth...or did he?
..."I can't risk you playing the hero, Mick. Not this time."
AAAAhhhhhh Mick!!!!!
Mick tried to speak but he couldn't force his now-frozen vocal cords to work. He tried to scream, the effort contorting his features, but his cry stuck in his throat.
Evil cliffie is an understatement!
Thank you TugaFanatic for my brilliant avi.
Thank you moonnoir for my wonderful banner.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Thanks, Raven. You don't have to suffer the evil cliffie for too long though....

Red

greenleaf9
Rogue vampire

Post by greenleaf9 »

red, red what are you doing to me?!

*sobs, and doesn't stop.*

Why? Why?!

Please tell me this story has a happy ending. I'm still clinging to the hope that this has a happy ending.
Banner created by the lovely RedNightBird.

"...The moon's an arrant thief, and her pale fire fire she snatches from the sun..." ~William Shakespeare

Better Safe Than Staked.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

greenleaf9 wrote:red, red what are you doing to me?!

*sobs, and doesn't stop.*

Why? Why?!

Please tell me this story has a happy ending. I'm still clinging to the hope that this has a happy ending.
Er, kind of. Sorry. Its the best I can do...

Red

jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Oh, Red.

This is wonderful. Every. Single. Word. When you reread a fanfic and sob your way thru it when you already know where it is going, you know you have a gem.

Brava!

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Oh that's fantastic, jen - I love that this can make you cry on a re-read (sorry, I'm evil like that :roll: ).

:comfort:

Red

Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Wow. You may find plotting challenging, but you do it masterfully well! You've dropped the floor completely out from under me here, in spite of all the foreshadowing.
The end of this chapter is just harrowing. I usually like to take some time between your chapters in order to savor them all properly, but that may not work so well this time.....
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Dropped the floor out from under you, Shadow? 'Scuse me while I do a happy little jig. :giggle: It was certainly what I was trying to do, so, I'm delighted to hear it worked.

Red :flowers:

jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Just when they thought everything was solved; their future secured and all they wanted in their hands...

You are a cruel, cruel woman, Red. A fabulous writer, yes, but your proficiency in torturing us is, well, scarey.

This is beautiful, and I will continue to read every. blessed. thing. you. write.

But you are cruel, I say. Cruel!

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

:giggle:

I know. I know. I'm a bitch.

With this story, more than any other, I always knew there was torture in store and I played it for every damned cent. :blushing:

Red

Return to “Afterglow”