Coraline's Rescue??? PG-13

A place for cassysj's G to PG-13 stories
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Coraline's Rescue??? PG-13

Post by cassysj »

I do not own any recognizable characters, no copyright infringement is intended. I was in a very strange mood yesterday and have never done anything with Coraline.

Someone’s coming.

What new torture has my brother invented today? It’s been months since I gave Mick his gift. I wonder if it’s worn off yet. I wonder if he’s ready for immortality now. Lance can almost make someone wish for death. Almost.

Lance hasn’t been here in almost three days. His minions do a good job of keeping me in agony and feeding me just enough to stay alive but not enough to recover.

This one’s new. I wonder if he's torturer or feeder. I don’t know why they keep me staked any longer I’m weaker than a human. Must be feeder, he has the eyedropper. Two drops of blood three times a day.

He has a needle. I don’t have anything worth taking. Wait, he’s injecting me with blood. A lot of blood, a mix of vampire and human blood. It’s very strong. He whispers we have one chance fight or die, he pulls the stake out.

I haven’t felt this strong in months. He’s leading me upstairs, to freedom. We come across some of my brother’s men. They’ve enjoyed themselves with me. I’ve enjoyed eating them.

We’re outside! I never thought I’d see moonlight again. I turn to ask him Where’s Mick? I don’t get the question out, he’s used a stake.

He closes up the only exit and sets fire to the building. We sit until the fire claims everything. My torturers except for my brother are all dead.

He carries me to a hearse and opens a casket, places me in and seals it.

I’m still a prisoner.

It’s been several hours, I’ve been packed on a plane and flown to parts unknown. The plane’s landed and I’m placed in a van. The van’s stopped. The casket is being wheeled somewhere.

The lid is opened and I’m, I’m…. I’m in my house in LA. I’m being lifted out of the coffin but my hands and feet are being chained with silver. I hear an authoritative snap of fingers, everyone flees the room. I only know one person in LA that gets that reaction.

Coraline, you’re free. Josef said. How long is entirely up to you.

I’m going to explain why you are free and we’ll take it from there he said.

Mick wants to marry Beth. He told me he can’t do that until he saves you. He feels he owes you that for the cure. You and I both know Mick’s a boy planning a man’s game. Lance would destroy him.

So I arranged to have you rescued. Your brother will find evidence that will make him think you escaped due to a careless minion and you set the fire. He won’t come looking for Mick.

Mick will hear that Cynthia helped you escape. You need to stay away from him.

He has to play this out with Beth. He has no intention of turning her, so you just have to wait. If he changes his mind, you can fight her vampire to vampire.

If you try to contact him or Beth. If you try to kill Beth. If you try to break them up. There will be another fire Coraline and unlike Mick I’ll make sure the job is done. But if you convince me you're willing to walk away you’re free. I’m doing this for Mick, not you. Don’t ever forget that.

He moved the stake slightly. Not enough for me to move my body, but enough to move my lips.

I need an answer Coraline.
AggieVamp
Rogue vampire

Re: Coraline's Rescue??? PG-13

Post by AggieVamp »

OHH! Carol!

:yahoo:

This is VERY interesting! Looking forward to the (hopefully) next chapter!

Karen
Banner by HotMicks

Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional - and I Opt NOT to Grow Up!
:petcat: :petcat:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Very intriguing, cassy. I like that you leave the ending open. Josef does everything for Mick, even lie to him, to give him what he desires. I wonder does he really think Mick will get over Beth or if he just tells Coraline so to get her to comply. The master of intrigue outsmarts the mistress of deceive. Well done.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Thanks ladies. This was just a really strange story that came in my head yesterday. I was reading on another board a discussion about what's your favorite character to write. Obviously for me it's Josef, I do very little Mick, no Beth and I never did any Coraline. This came to me because I don't think Mick could be content to move on with Beth unless he did something for Coraline. In this case Josef did it for him.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Oh I love seeing a fic about what happened to Cora... and so agree Mick couldn't continue with Beth, or anybody, until he had made some effort to save Coraline.

This was quite fun!!!! GOod job, Carol.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Thanks Grace! This was a limb for me to climb out on and I know you're a fan of Cora so I'm thrilled you stopped by to read.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Cassy, this is a really interesting take on what happens to Coraline after she is taken by Lance. You captured Coraline's fierceness, pride, and strength really well. I absolutely agree that Mick couldn't move on with his life while Coraline was still a captive. And if Mick couldn't (or wouldn't) rescue her himself, I can see Josef doing it for him... both because he would hate to think of Coraline subjected to that torment--well, not for too long, anyway-- and also to free Mick from the obligation, so he can finally be free of his burden of blame and guilt associated with Coraline. (Although I do think Mick should get off his kiester and go rescue her, darn it!)

So Josef, in his completely Josef way, orchestrates her rescue, creates the perfect cover story, and then gives her an ultimatum. And what will her answer be......? Hmmmm...

I like that you left the ending open. Do you plan to continue it, or leave it open like this? I kinda like having the end be uncertain. It leaves the imagination free to roam.

Nice work!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Thanks for saying I captured Coraline's strengths well. My plan was to leave this open mostly because I've never floated around Coraline's head before and I do think it's interesting open-ended. Even if Coraline sincerely agrees can she convince Josef?
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

Great story, you capture Coraline perfectly!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :hyper: :cheering: :woohoo: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :rose:

mitzie
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Mitzie - I missed you before. I'm glad you liked it and thanks for saying I captured Coraline.

Return to “cassysj's Office”