The Rescue--(PG-13) Mick/Cora/young Beth

A place for Emma-lee's G to PG-13 stories
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

The Rescue--(PG-13) Mick/Cora/young Beth

Post by Emma-lee »

This is my response to a challenge fic in the writer's circle. It was to write a fic in first person. Thanks to Jen for being my beta for it and for the lovely title banner.

The Rescue

“There you are, sweetheart. Now why are you hiding in that corner?”

“PPPlease, I want to go home. I want my mommy.” Her body feels cold as she picks me up and gives me a hug.

“I’m your new mommy.” Her smile makes me shiver in her arms. I can feel the tears flowing down my face, but I can't stop them. “And your new daddy will be home soon.”

A door slams and we both turn in the direction of the sound. An angry looking man is standing in the doorway. She puts me down, keeping her chilly hands firmly on my shoulders.

“Mick, I have a present for you.” She pushes me forward gently, not quite letting go of me . “A daughter. We can be a family.”

The man’s face is becoming angrier and seems to change. I back up and feel the woman’s legs stop me. All I want is to go home to my mommy. I’m so scared that I can't move.

She reaches down and turns my head to the side and the man seems to instantly be at my side. He pushes me away from her and I run to the corner. Even though I am afraid to look, I carefully peek around my hands to see what is making those strange noises.

The man and woman are fighting, but their faces are not normal. They almost look like monsters from the picture books I was not supposed to be looking through. It's more than anger- I've never seen anyone look like that. The looks on their faces and the growls coming from them are enough to send me farther into the corner. I pull my legs up to my chest tightly and try to make myself disappear, tears still streaming down my face. Hopefully they will not see me if I make myself small enough.
The fighting and the noises scare me so much, but I can’t stop watching. It's like my eyes are glued to the scene. Somehow, eventually, my hands find their way back to my face and the scene being played out in front of me is hidden again.

Suddenly, I hear a thud and look up to see him drive a wooden stick through her chest. I don’t think my eyes can get any bigger, nor my heart beat any faster. He is coming towards me, and his face is becoming softer. He reaches his arms to me and for some reason I am no longer afraid. I reach up to him and feel his strong, cool arms lift me up and hold me tight.

He holds me tighter as he throws a lantern on the floor and I watch as the place begins to burn while he carries me out. It is so hot I have to turn my face against his shoulder to keep it from burning. He hurries out of the building with me tightly holding on to him. He stops once to look back and turns me away from the heat. His very presence is somehow comforting to me, though I can't explain why. I feel very safe and secure in his arms. He turns back around and there she is in the window, screaming at us and clawing at the glass- trying to get out. I quickly bury my head in his shoulder again and don’t move it until we are back in his car.

He gently lays me across the back seat and covers me with his jacket.

He smiles. “Let’s get you home Beth. Your mom is waiting.” I lay my head down on the cool seat of his car and close my eyes, the events of the night replaying themselves over and over until my eyes get too heavy to open.

Wonderful banner by Redwinter101, Avatar by Jen.
jen
Cleaner

Re: The Rescue--(PG-13) Mick/Cora/young Beth

Post by jen »

Wonderful exposition on the rescue scene, EmmaLee

Thank you!

:flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: The Rescue--(PG-13) Mick/Cora/young Beth

Post by Emma-lee »

jen wrote:Wonderful exposition on the rescue scene, EmmaLee

Thank you!

:flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts:
NO thank you!!.. I am glad you liked it. :hug:

Wonderful banner by Redwinter101, Avatar by Jen.

Return to “Emma-lee's Office”