The Plan--Chapt 2-- My Mick(Pg-13) Mick/cora

Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

The Plan--Chapt 2-- My Mick(Pg-13) Mick/cora

Post by Emma-lee »

A/N: Here is part two of The Plan, three is in the works. Thanks for reading and thanks to Jen for being my Beta. I hope you enjoy and as always I don't own Moonlight...Just wish I did.

The Plan
-My Mick

So far so good, the plan was working the way she had hoped. The blonde remembered nothing of her kidnapping and Mick…well she thought he figured out the plan already. That would have been horrific, actually. It would only have made him hate her even more. She was thrilled that not even Josef, her old friend and more, had not detected that she wasn’t really human. She knew she could easily trick Mick’s young senses, but was not too sure about Josef’s. Her sire was right; vamps tend to rely more on their heightened senses than their own mind. This was fine for her purposes. Though she had underestimated Mick, luckily her tattoo was safely hidden. Apparently that would be the final piece of the puzzle for him. That is something she would file away until later. It would definitely come in handy. She hated to run away from him in the cemetery, but it was not the right time for him to know who she was- yet. Though that look used to make her want him, she was a human for now and it did scare her a bit this time. If he did figure it out, would he be mad at her…mad enough to try and kill her again- and this time succeed?

She glanced at her watch and noticed the time; she was to meet Mick for lunch. She popped a few of the Naproxen in her medicine closet and shook her head. The Biggest problem of the cure was having to feel the aches and pains that go along with being human. A small price to pay to get her Mick back. On her way out the door she smiled as thought of what she was going to order.

When the waiter came she made sure to order her favorite wine. He should remember that little bit of information, they always had that kind whenever they drank. When he did not notice, Coraline inwardly frowned. Instead, she tried a different tactic. She enjoyed the squirming he did when asked about why he was not eating. It was actually kind of cute watching him try to explain about his diet. His smile was still the same one she had fallen in love with all those years ago.

She could not believe he wanted to work with her on the case. He must be feeling the sire/fledgling bond and not even realizing it. She knew it was a very powerful bond, one that could come across even through the cure. This was going better than she had expected. Working a case with him would be the prefect way to get the passion in him rekindled.

Being in the hotel room setting up the equipment was perfect. She had him alone, and they were watching another couple “do the deed” as the teens were so found of saying. It was the ideal opportunity for her to make him realize his feelings for her. When his phone rang, she could tell by his reactions it was the blonde. A few purposely worded comments would make him get off the phone with her pretty quick, especially since he could not tell her about the case. She had no idea what they were doing in the hotel room together. It was nice to play on someone else’s jealousy for once, and Coraline could barely keep from laughing.

Looking thorough that window with him was like heaven. It was too bad she was human. This was when she could really use her vamp senses. So she could smell him the way she remembered him, to be able to tell what he was thinking. There was one way to find out if the passion was still there. She leaned over and gently pressed her lips to his and, to her delight, he returned the kiss. Her plan was working.

The best of her plan- other than the end result, of course- was the fun she was having dropping hints to her identity and watching Mick react to them. But not only that, to also let him know she forgave him for what he tried to do to her. It was easy to do when they talked about the case. “Anyone can murder under the right circumstances” Mick had said. It was true and that is exactly what happened all those years ago. Both with the fire and with the first freshies she had brought to him. The ones that made him hate himself, and her.

When she found him in the bushes, she was initially scared that he was hurt…or worse. The relief that flooded over her when he stood up was like the first time he woke up after he was turned. The blood looked worse than it was, just as it had then. She had looked and he had healed the way he should have. She had to reign in the urge to strike out at the person who had hurt Mick, as the sire tendencies in her tried to come out when her fledgling- her lover- was at risk. Instead, she went with him to find them. Her damn human senses were not fast enough to get her out of the way of the oncoming car. However, her handsome knight in vamp armor came to her rescue. He literally swept her off her feet, saving her. The landing was perfect, her in his arms close together. Her plan was in full throttle now. She could read the concern in his eyes instantly. Nothing could stop them from happily being together again.

It was easy enough to convince Mick that she needed to go back to his place. That she needed to clean up, as did he and the closest place was his. She knew that getting him into bed was the best way for her plan to end. That was all she needed to do to get her Mick back. She made sure the door to the bathroom was not locked as she started her shower. Knowing how sensitive vamp senses are to scents, she purposely made herself think of the passion they had once shared. She knew that her pheromones would fill the loft and be irresistible to Mick.

She heard him approach and stand outside the shower door. She had him now; all that was left was to rekindle the passion they had once shared. His hands on her skin, his lips on hers- the moment couldn't have been better. She was overjoyed when he finally saw the tattoo and recognized her for who she really was. That kiss was as electric as their first kiss, and she felt the old passion returning. Only…there was something else. She was confused and pulled back a bit. It seemed he was more interested in the cure, in HOW she was there, not why. It stung a little as she thought he would be overjoyed at her being here.

She was about to kiss him again when there was a knock at the door. She tried to hold him there, to forget about everything else but being together. But without her vamp strength, she was no match for him. She heard him downstairs as he answered the door, it was that blonde, and she was angry. Coraline knew she had found out the truth, and it wasn't hard to imagine her telling Mick everything. She may be naïve but she was not completely stupid. Coraline threw on one of Mick’s shirts and sauntered down the steps. She had hoped that Mick would set the blonde straight, and tell her that she was not the enemy. Instead, the blonde turned on her, and before Mick or Coraline could react, Coraline was on the ground, a stake to her heart.

The pain was more intense than any staking Coraline had received in the past. The pain burned and seared its way throughout her body. She barely even heard Mick yell at Beth that she was human. His big strong arms embraced her, and she could feel the concern he had for her easily. Despite the pain, it was heaven for her, just being in his arms again. It almost made the pain bearable. The last thing Coraline remembered was being cradled by Mick, knowing he cared about what happened to her- even if it was just for the cure. The darkness crept into her mind- was this the end of several centuries of living? As long as it ended in his arms, nothing else really mattered.
Last edited by Emma-lee on Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wonderful banner by Redwinter101, Avatar by Jen.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: The Plan--Chapt 2-- My Mick(Pg-13) Mick/cora

Post by francis »

Wonderful, Emma--lee. To read about Coraline/Morgan's thoughts in FdL and especially what she thought in the shower, that's something that hasn't been explored before. Great writing. You understand her well.
I can't wait to read the next chapter. What will she think about when she wakes up in the ER?
(You slipped into first person in the second to last paragraph, by the way).
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Post by jenstc2003 »

*Smiles* Bad Beta to miss something like that! But the story is LOVELY Em! What comes next?
Jen

Mick's Synful One
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

francis wrote:Wonderful, Emma--lee. To read about Coraline/Morgan's thoughts in FdL and especially what she thought in the shower, that's something that hasn't been explored before. Great writing. You understand her well.
I can't wait to read the next chapter. What will she think about when she wakes up in the ER?
(You slipped into first person in the second to last paragraph, by the way).

Thanks Francis. I LOVE to write Coraline. And i had always wondered why Morgan/Coraline did some of the things she did. So Coramuse decided to tell me.

(And thanks for that I will go fix it now...Sometimes Cora gets so strongly in my head she does that. Don't tell Josef, but Coramuse is stronger than him in MY head.)

Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

jenstc2003 wrote:*Smiles* Bad Beta to miss something like that! But the story is LOVELY Em! What comes next?

Maybe I will have to get the boys to punish you... :evillaugh:

Anyway next is when she is in the hospital.....

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Emma-lee wrote: Thanks Francis. I LOVE to write Coraline. And i had always wondered why Morgan/Coraline did some of the things she did. So Coramuse decided to tell me.

(And thanks for that I will go fix it now...Sometimes Cora gets so strongly in my head she does that. Don't tell Josef, but Coramuse is stronger than him in MY head.)
Oh, don't tell Josef that, for sure. Maybe she doesn't dare come out of your head into others too often, that's why we read not so much about her. Lately she's been stronger, though. bhead2:

And send the boys to Jen? I thought you wanted to punish her, not reward her. :evillaugh:
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Post by jenstc2003 »

*Smiles* Punish? Oh PLEASE!!! *giggles*
Jen

Mick's Synful One
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

francis wrote:
Emma-lee wrote: Thanks Francis. I LOVE to write Coraline. And i had always wondered why Morgan/Coraline did some of the things she did. So Coramuse decided to tell me.

Oh, don't tell Josef that, for sure. Maybe she doesn't dare come out of your head into others too often, that's why we read not so much about her. Lately she's been stronger, though. bhead2:

And send the boys to Jen? I thought you wanted to punish her, not reward her. :evillaugh:
Could be Francis...I guess she likes it in my head...sometimes she gets a bit too busy..imagine that. LOL

And you are right Francis..i will need to think of another punishment for Jen.
jenstc2003 wrote:*Smiles* Punish? Oh PLEASE!!! *giggles*
Jen...your punishment is to Beta more of my chaps...LOL

jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Post by jenstc2003 »

*Grins* Oh the HORROR! NOOOO- Francis... Save me!!! *ROTFLMAO*
Jen

Mick's Synful One
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

jenstc2003 wrote:*Grins* Oh the HORROR! NOOOO- Francis... Save me!!! *ROTFLMAO*

Hey! :confused2: :giggle:

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

This was a brilliant idea, Em... to look at those eps from her pov. You have given her such dimension... she loves him, she feels so confident she can win him back, but she's a little nervous about the plan... she feels vulnerable at NOT being a vamp herself and thus NOT being able to control him... and while she's executing her plan, Beth is going about her own plot and plan, and Cora has no idea.

This is just wonderful.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

wpgrace wrote:This was a brilliant idea, Em... to look at those eps from her pov. You have given her such dimension... she loves him, she feels so confident she can win him back, but she's a little nervous about the plan... she feels vulnerable at NOT being a vamp herself and thus NOT being able to control him... and while she's executing her plan, Beth is going about her own plot and plan, and Cora has no idea.

This is just wonderful.
Thank you very much Wpgrace. I felt as though these eps left us wanting more and left so much out, that is was begging to be told. I feel that Coraline does what she does because she loves him so much. And that she still sees Beth as a non-issue....she underestimates the resourcefulness of her and thus that was her down fall. Well that and not really getting Mick's POV on the whole turning without asking thing.

ash
Logan's WoW nemesis
Location: Trying juggle, homework, uni, a social life, rp and writing things that get stuck in my head. Tough

Post by ash »

See....i still think she deserved it all :whistle: and i'm glad she made it alive to the hospital,no graceful dying in Mick arms :snicker:
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

ash wrote:See....i still think she deserved it all :whistle: and i'm glad she made it alive to the hospital,no graceful dying in Mick arms :snicker:
No beth was being a bit jealous.....you Cora hater....LOL :hug:

mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

I love seeing Coraline's POV from that particular point in time. You do an excellent job writing her!!

Love this story, off to read more... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :gasp: :dizzy: :devil: :Mickangel: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :hyper2: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :hearts: :flowers:

mitzie :mooncat:

Return to “The Plan”